Bed Bath & Beyond Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 14, 2017

2.0

146 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

Went into the store to fill out an application, ended up being interviewed and hired on the spot. I was wearing casual clothes (jeans and t-shirt). The work was very easy, sometimes repetitive.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. I met with the hiring manager to turn it in and to introduce myself. I got a call the same day to schedule an interview within the next 2 days. My first interview was with the general manager and then I came back for a second interview with the sales manager. The interview questions came off of 2 pages and they were in-depth, open-ended questions pertaining to past employment history and interaction experience. I got a call 2 days after my interviews and got offered the position to start the following day! It was an overall great experience and I look forward to growing with the company!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • After explaining the position, I want you to recall the essential duties of a Sales Associate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lawton, OK

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Lawton, OK) in October 2017.

Interview

I had an interview with the assistant store manager that lasted 1hour and then came back the next day for a interview with the store manager and the interview lasted 10minutes.

Interview Questions

• What do you think qualifies you for this job? And why?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

interviewed at a job fair posting that i saw in the paper. fairly quick and easy process. went to a second interview, then got an offer within the same week.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in September 2017.

Interview

Filled out online application then was emailed a few weeks later to come in to fill out an in person application and wait to possibly be interviewed on the spot. The store I was applying to is changing locations so the store was quite busy which can make the interview process challenging for potential employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (New Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

They had me interview same day and eventually called me back to deny me. I called them almost every day and I was perfect for the job imo but I guess they were looking for someone else

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very simply. Once I completed my online application I was contacted to set up an interview within 4 days. I then interviewed with a hiring manager for a little over 20 minutes, 30 at the most. The interviewer was polite, cordial and professional. They answered my questions and asked some general questions to gauge may ability to work in a public/customer service environment.

Interview Questions

• In an instance where you experienced some difficulty with a client/customer, how did you deal with the problems that arose and what did you tell the client/customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Tukwila, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I received an on the spot interview immediately after I had filled out an application in the store. I met with one of the managers and he basically just read from a paper that had a bunch of questions on it. After I would answer, he would write down a brief summary of what I said. He then went to fetch another manager which interviewed me in the exact same way. Honestly, as long as you try your best to answer the questions, you'll do fine. I was hired on the spot. It only took about half an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Studio City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

AS i arrived they made me fill out an application in person because they don't use the ones online. I then had to wait about 10 minutes for the interviewer. They had me down for an interview but had the wrong name because they couldn't spell it correctly.
    It was Super fast, did the second interview 5 minutes after the first. Very unorganized , the interviewer did not seem prepared for the interview. It was all done last minute, they couldn't find a person to do the second interview. I hated this interview it seemed like they were running out of questions to ask me. All this took place in a very small, unorganized office. People would walk in halfway through.

Interview Questions

• Why bed bath & beyond ?
      What would your references say if i called them right now ?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in January 2017.

Interview

Applied in-store. Got a call for an interview about a week later. Came into the store and they asked a couple questions, mostly went over background/work history. About a week later I got a call back for a second interview with a different person. We mostly went over my availability and work history. I was offered the job then. Both interviewers were slightly rude and the overall vibe was depressing but the interviews were easy- not a lot of difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you dealt with a customer service complaint?   Answer Question