Bed Bath & Beyond Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bed Bath & Beyond Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (New York, NY).

Interview

it was with one person and i was told i would be working the morning shift. I have only worked in the morning 2 times in 5 months. I fine it to be a bit misleading in order to get positions filled within a certain time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Washington, DC).

Interview

Walked in on flip flops and got the job! Handed him my application he looked it over and asked when could I start! Was super easy they have a high turn over

Interview Questions

• Why do you wanna work here!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I got a call to set up an interview date a week after I drop my application at the store. I had two interviews at the same date. Both interview took about 15 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about the job?
      What do you know about us?
      Can you climb a ladder?
      Would you be able to clean restroom?
      Tell me about a time you made a decision without waiting for a manager?
      Tell me a time how you handle upset customer?
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Very short, heard back after 2 days, apply in store and hear back from them faster. very understanding. after the first interview there is another one with the store manager and then he gives you an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Pottstown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Pottstown, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

I visited a local store after filling out an online application, chose which store I wanted to apply in person within my geographic area and visited the store when manager was in the store.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my availability and why I left my former employment.   1 Answer
    • Did I have any references that could be checked that day?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation, as the hourly wage I requested was agreed to by management.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

I think he was the store manager. He did a spot on interview and he just said that he'll give the application to hiring manager and they're hiring in September so idk what it means

Interview Questions

• What do I want to do in the future? Why did I pick bed bath and beyond   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Boise, ID) in September 2016.

Interview

Got a call to come in for an interview. Met with 2 managers and then the store manager. They explained their mission and values and asked how I could benefit the company, what hours I'm available, and my minimum salary. Hired me on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Geneva, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Geneva, IL).

Interview

It begins with an on the spot interview when you turn in your application. This is with the lead on duty (LOD). They will most likely decide to schedule a second interview for you with the general manager, and they'll call you back to do this. If the second interview with the general manager goes well, they will check you references and I believe do a background check (no drug testing) and then get back to you within a timely manner- I was told that if I didn't get a call within a few days to call back myself. Both interviews were easy and very typical.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time at your current/most recent job when you went above and beyond to help a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy I came in and was asked basic interview questions then was told I would be called back for another interview and came in for that and was told I was hired then a few days came in for training for about a week then next thing I knew I was meeting my co workers and was put on the floor the interview was fairly easy to me because the questions they asked were not difficult for me

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No they just told me when training was and my rate of pay an hour

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Average interview questions, some personal questions, if you're a normal person who seems outgoing and sales driven then you are set. Negotiating pay will probably not work they are cheap with their entry level employees. Simple interview process, make sure you like the store manager as they will critique you a lot

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness   1 Answer