Bed Bath & Beyond Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.0

138 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

interviewed at a job fair posting that i saw in the paper. fairly quick and easy process. went to a second interview, then got an offer within the same week.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (New Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

They had me interview same day and eventually called me back to deny me. I called them almost every day and I was perfect for the job imo but I guess they were looking for someone else

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very simply. Once I completed my online application I was contacted to set up an interview within 4 days. I then interviewed with a hiring manager for a little over 20 minutes, 30 at the most. The interviewer was polite, cordial and professional. They answered my questions and asked some general questions to gauge may ability to work in a public/customer service environment.

Interview Questions

• In an instance where you experienced some difficulty with a client/customer, how did you deal with the problems that arose and what did you tell the client/customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Studio City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

AS i arrived they made me fill out an application in person because they don't use the ones online. I then had to wait about 10 minutes for the interviewer. They had me down for an interview but had the wrong name because they couldn't spell it correctly.
    It was Super fast, did the second interview 5 minutes after the first. Very unorganized , the interviewer did not seem prepared for the interview. It was all done last minute, they couldn't find a person to do the second interview. I hated this interview it seemed like they were running out of questions to ask me. All this took place in a very small, unorganized office. People would walk in halfway through.

Interview Questions

• Why bed bath & beyond ?
      What would your references say if i called them right now ?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in January 2017.

Interview

Applied in-store. Got a call for an interview about a week later. Came into the store and they asked a couple questions, mostly went over background/work history. About a week later I got a call back for a second interview with a different person. We mostly went over my availability and work history. I was offered the job then. Both interviewers were slightly rude and the overall vibe was depressing but the interviews were easy- not a lot of difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you dealt with a customer service complaint?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (New York, NY).

Interview

it was with one person and i was told i would be working the morning shift. I have only worked in the morning 2 times in 5 months. I fine it to be a bit misleading in order to get positions filled within a certain time.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Washington, DC).

Interview

Walked in on flip flops and got the job! Handed him my application he looked it over and asked when could I start! Was super easy they have a high turn over

Interview Questions

• Why do you wanna work here!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I got a call to set up an interview date a week after I drop my application at the store. I had two interviews at the same date. Both interview took about 15 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about the job?
      What do you know about us?
      Can you climb a ladder?
      Would you be able to clean restroom?
      Tell me about a time you made a decision without waiting for a manager?
      Tell me a time how you handle upset customer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Very short, heard back after 2 days, apply in store and hear back from them faster. very understanding. after the first interview there is another one with the store manager and then he gives you an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Pottstown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Pottstown, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

I visited a local store after filling out an online application, chose which store I wanted to apply in person within my geographic area and visited the store when manager was in the store.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my availability and why I left my former employment.   1 Answer
    • Did I have any references that could be checked that day?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation, as the hourly wage I requested was agreed to by management.