Bed Bath & Beyond Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 6, 2017

2.9

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The process was smooth and fast. Questions were regular sales question. Make sure you come on time and and give a detail description of your past experience. Also make sure you know about homes and interior design this will really help you relate to bed bath and beyond.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Troy, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

long and daunting there were alot of questions about where you would be in the company in 5 years, what you did for the last 10 years. Also alot of questions about family history.

Interview Questions

• Where you would like to be in 5 years in the company   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in July 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the District HR Manager. It took about an hour with the application. I was asked about the previous experiences. We talked about the store management, the costumer service, cash handling and so on. I learned more information about the company, the culture. It was a pretty good interview, I enjoyed it.

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

Due to turnover they are always looking for managers which should have served as a warning to me. I had two interviews and the whole process took only 10 days. My first interview was with a district hr manager then the final was with a district manager. The district manager kept getting interrupted during my interview by phone calls and employee questions which was not professional .

Interview Questions

• Questions were all generic and typical of any interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was more than I was currently making so I was satisfied .

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in January 2014.

Interview

Easy interview with Hr over the phone. District manager did most of the talking during the one on one interview. Stressed how he expected managers to work a minimum of fifty hours a week. Then tried to tout a great work-life balance.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any kind of car what would you be?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

When someone brings in an application a manager is paged to come upfront to meet and greet. At this time the manager is to spend 5 to 10 minutes walking and talking with this person. This process is not an interview. Then if that manager liked what they went over then it would be passed on to a second manager usually the store manager. The meet and greets can be as high as 2 a day or 20 a day just depends. Then the store manager will call in the ones that where passed along as good ones to look at.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

At the time was offer a little higher then what I wanted for a minimum pay. Things are a little different these days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Brandon, FL).

Interview

Applied on line and sent resume directy to store on July 17. HR called around 12pm on August 23 and left a message on my machine. The message said for me to call back before 3pm OR the following Monday to schedule an interview. I called first thing on Monday and was told all interview slots were full and they would have to call me back for another day & time! 7 days later...still havent heard from them. Moving on...not the kind of company I want to work for if they cant even follow through on interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centerville, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Centerville, OH) in February 2013.

Interview

Got there had a paper app thrown at me so I filled it out. Sat down with an H.R. hiring manager and was just told about the company was asked a few management questions was told that they start everyone at department manager level (which was a mislead from the email he sent me since he reached out to me, I never sent them my resume? So I was then asked what I thought I should be paid and if I would consider other markets than just the one I reside in and I said yes. He thn stated that he would get back with me in a week or so. I got a letter in the mail 2 weeks later saying that he wouldn't be able to extend an offer. It really seemed like a weird awkward interview, I left there not wanting the job anyway.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Detroit, MI) in December 2012.

Interview

Fill out paper application in store. Phone interview with District HR, followed by interview at store with DM. Offer made fairly quick.

Interview Questions

• A pretty easy interview really. Mostly questions about customer service culture, how many people you have managed, volume, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate for all you can. BBBY does not give much of a raise. What you make starting out is pretty much all you will make.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2012.

Interview

Submitted application and resume online. Received call from recruiter about one week later. Very brief phone interview asking about my experience and why I want to work for the company. I thought it went well especially since he said he'd like to set up an interview with a local Store Manager. A week later, I got a form letter stating that they did not want to move forward.