Bedford/St. Martin's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bedford/St. Martin's Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bedford/St. Martin's

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bedford/St. Martin's in April 2016.

Interview

Interviews are given in rounds, at least for the summer internship position. First, a one on one interview, then a secondary set of interviews with multiple staff members in the department. The office was beautiful, and the staff were engaging and happy to answer questions about the position and company, but also not afraid to ask tougher questions themselves. It didn't seem as though all their questions were prepared in advance, but rather that they were figuring out what they wanted/needed to know about you.

Interview Questions

• Mainly questions about what each professional experience on the resume entailed, and how those skills matched their needs. A few out of the box questions about grades, balancing time as a student, etc.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Back Bay, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bedford/St. Martin's (Back Bay, MA).

Interview

Interview set up was quick and painless. The two Marketing ladies that interviewed me were very clear on what they were looking for which was helpful and rare. They were both upfront about their own specific wants and needs. They even indulged my "How can I grow in the company" question. All in all it's a great company to work for with lovely people.

Interview Questions

• What do I do in my current job that would carry over and help me in this one.   Answer Question

VERY low salary. $28k for a college grad living in Boston? Sorry.

Development Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bedford/St. Martin's (New York, NY).

Interview

I went through a few rounds of interviews -- an initial one on the phone, a second one in which I met my supervisor and other editors, and a final one in which I met the CEO from the Boston office.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was how I would handle difficult authors. I hadn't worked with any yet so I had to think of something on the spot.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated for a bit more money since they were paying me so much less than my previous job.