Beepi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Beepi Interview Questions

Interviews at Beepi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Altos, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Beepi (Los Altos, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Talked to their VP of Talent Acquisition, two senior software engineers and a product manager. It seems that personality, ability to get along with others was of greatest importance to the company.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my responsibilities, notable project(s) I have worked on at my current job. Just one specific programming question.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Beepi.

Interview

HR response very fast. But engineer there i spoke with sucks.
    Asked some question which he doesnt know the right answer. I am pretty sure I code it correctly, but when i got the feedback. it said the code is wrong.
    Even if the code is wrong, he can not figure that out in the interview. And apparently during the interview, he agreed with my algo and solution.
    Since I saw all negative interview experience on the glassdoor, I wouldn't expect too much from this company.

BTW, the vp of eng is a nice guy. Hope he can fix this by hiring some decent engineers.

Interview Questions

• Nothing fancy. The funny thing is the interviewer said "Lets do a question from leetcode". Funny, not everyone studies every problem on leetcode. But I am pretty sure I aced the problem, cause after I corrected some typo from my solution, it passed the OJ. Funny, funny, funny.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a bad experience not because the questions were not on the point or of the fact that I had to wait 1.5 hr + to meet the Cofounder, it was the Cofounder's patronizing and unprofessional attitude towards some women HR employees that I observed. After that, i thought it probably isn't the best place for me to work.

Beepi Response

Jul 14, 2016 – President

Owen here, co-founder at Beepi. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I appreciate your feedback.

At Beepi, we work hard - and we like to laugh and enjoy each other’s company. I’ll... More

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was scheduled for phone screens with Beepi. I was very excited for this interview however it did not go very well for me. I wish they would have spent more time asking a variety of questions. One of the interviewers asked me a question and while I was working on the solution, the interviewer started chatting with one of the co-workers without muting the phone.

Interview Questions

• They have a strict policy to not reveal the interview questions :(
      Overall the interview was not hard and they try to judge you based on 1 or 2 questions they ask.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Beepi.

Interview

Interview process is very bad. They ask you to complete Hackerrank test and then phone screen with HR for 5 minutes. Very bad experience, in the phone screen, they ask for number of years of experience and then end of call saying that, I think we need more experienced guy. I think you guys should take a look at resume before giving the test, that will save the time of the both the people.

Interview Questions

• Hacker Rank - 2 programming questions and 1 sql question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Altos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Beepi (Los Altos, CA).

Interview

The recruiter was very nice. The team is cool. Questions were hard but everyone was helpful during the process. Seems like a great place to work if you don't mind the commute.

After the chat with the recruiter I did a phone screen and then went on site. Good experience after all.

Interview Questions

• Coding questions. Mostly language agnostic and based on deep knowledge of the fundamentals   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Beepi.

Interview

Applied online. Emailed by the recruiter 3 days later asking about my availability for the next few days. Provided him a few times and dates. He disappeared.
    A month later, another recruiter emailed me asking if I was interested in interviewing. Of course! So, I gave him my availability. He asked if I could take a call during lunch. I don't like taking important calls during lunch because I go to lunch everyday with my co-workers, but I said sure, let's do tomorrow. He didn't email me back until the next day. He said he was available the next day or next week. I emailed back and said let's do next week at lunch time. He vanished!
    I am baffled. Why are the recruiters at Beepi like this? Are they serious about hiring software engineers? Do you even respect people who apply for the positions at your company?

Interview Questions

Beepi Response

Apr 29, 2016

Thank you so much for your feedback, this really helps us get better and improve processes. I would like to apologize to you for your experience. Under no circumstance is the Beepi talent team ok... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Beepi (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The team is professional and the process is nice. It has several rounds for it and different rounds would evaluate different aspects for a software engineer, like data structure and algorithm. And it would tell you the whole process before you get there. Also, the working environment there looks pretty good.

Anonymous Employee in Los Altos, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Beepi (Los Altos, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Great experience!
    The process was efficient and quick. The recruiters were very responsive and professional about the whole process. I went through multiple interview steps (technical and non-technical).

1. Recruiter contacted me and asked about my experience and preferences.
    2. Screening with a software engineer (algorithmic problems, experience, etc)
    3. Online challenge.
    4. Video chat with the VP of engineering. He seemed very cool and professional and made me like the company even more.
    5. Onsite round 1 - Algorithmic, OOP, and experience.
    6. Onsite round 2 - Algorithms and data structures.
    7. Onsite round 3 - Web development skills.
    8. Onsite round 4 - Algorithms, data structures, and Javascript skills.
    9. Onsite Final round - Spoke with the recruiter about the process.
    10. Final Project to be completed in 2 days. This project taught me a lot and was an amazing experience.
    11. Spoke with the co-founder. He seemed very energetic and positive about the company.

The combination of great people, team, VP of engineering, Co-founder, and the culture made me reject proceeding with a tech giant and join Beepi!

Interview Questions

• Online challenge, algorithms, data structures, OOP, Javascript questions, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Beepi in July 2016.

Interview

No need to waste your time with them, My Interviewer was late for 15 minutes , asked a simple question on arrays which I solved in less than 5 minutes, then he asked me to implement Tree (!binary) and print k level elements, which was practically impossible in such short time. So I asked him again just to confirm that we are on the same page. Interviewer got irritated and did not behave in professional way plus someone in the background kept calling his name.

One thing that I would like to point out-> as the whole process was on Collabedit, (in which your interviewer can see whether you are typing or visiting some other websites to find answers) My interviewer kept repeating "HEYY I DON'T SEE YOU TYPING" !! If you are that concerned about cheating Why don't you conduct F-2-F or google hangouts interview.