Belcan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Belcan Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.5

Entry Level Structural Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Belcan.

Interview

There was an intial phone interview, then followed by a Skype interview because I was not in the area, if you are in the area, they will do an on site interview

Interview Questions

• Questions about job experience, then technical structures questions, like equation for stress, vibrations questions and about a stress vs strain curve   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Belcan (Bloomington, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

they asked for my documents, and about work status if I have visa or no, they showed me the health insurance policy, they show me the few holiday paid, they told me that there is no vacation days with is contract, paper work only.

Interview Questions

• will I be hired after one year?   1 Answer

Advanced Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Belcan (Champaign, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Avoid applying here.
    Most of the people that I came in contact with were very unprofessional.
    There were 2 steps in the interview process. I was contacted by the recruiter by phone to set-up a technical phone interview. The next day, I was contacted by the recruiter to come for an on-site interview. They arranged for the car. I was asked to give a presentation about my projects. I thought the interview went pretty well. I was told by the team-lead that I will be contacted by the recruiter in the next few days with the feedback. But I never heard back from them. I emailed the recruiter many times. Recruiter never replied me.
    Save your time by not applying here.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Belcan (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

I met with a manager, approximately 40 years old and a younger person, in his 20s.
    I was asked about my experience and my opinion of older computer languages. They mentioned a former coworker of mine who is now working for Belcan, and asked my opinion of my other former coworkers, as if to compare to his opinion.
    The 2 interviewers made several comments about my "extensive experience" and how "it is amazing somebody like you can still learn new (computer) languages". It was obviously a crack about my age, 53. I never heard from them.

Interview Questions

• What did I think about a former coworker?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Belcan (West Palm Beach, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

45 minute phone interview led to an onsite interview. The phone interviewer was a Project Engineer; he asked a lot about my experience and projects as listed on my resume. Told me a little bit about Belcan but from what I remember, asked a lot of questions like "What type of engineering role would you like and why?"

The onsite interview lasted about an hour and was by a panel of 4 different engineers, including the one who spoke with me over the phone. The first 20 minutes or so was a 1 on 1 interview with that was primarily a history lesson of Belcan and all the things they do. The next 40 minutes involved the 4 engineers interviewing me in a conference room.

They honestly asked a lot of questions, including conceptual, technical and personal. They provided a diagram for me and asked where the fatigue crack would be if a load was applied, as well as engineering ethics questions like "If customer X wants a job done in 2 days when you originally had 10 days to complete it, how would you handle that situation?" The fatigue problem they asked was very easy. I don't mean to alarm anybody because it was overall a relaxed interview but I definitely was put on the spot with these questions, moreso the ethics questions because they required some thought. Most of the questions were about my resume though. They most certainly will address everything you put on your resume, so make sure you're prepared.

Interview Questions

• What was your hardest class and what grade did you receive?   Answer Question

Entry Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Belcan.

Interview

Very laid back, asked me about experiences, explained what they did very few questions about myself. Group of engineers reading and asking questions about my resume and my projects in schools and technical questions.

Cherry Picker Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Belcan (Columbus, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

Application was on-line then I was called in for a one on one interview. During one on one interview background check and drug test was preformed. The lady was nice but my background wouldn't allow her to place me in job even with all my work experience.

Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Belcan (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume through career fair. Contacted by Belcan recruiters, whom I must say are very professional and easy to talk to. After email correspondence with recruiter, I was brought in for an in-person one-on-one interview with 3 top engineers/managers. They asked mainly about my resume, and spent some time describing the position. Unfortunately I never heard back after interviews. I would recommend asking the recruiter for job description if not on hand, and learning everything you can about the work involved.

Interview Questions

• You have a salt shaker filled with salt. How do you measure the grains of salt without opening the salt shaker?   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Belcan (Middletown, CT).

Interview

A guy from HR called me and said they were interested. The job was in CT so they said they wanted to do a Skype interview. They were about 5 minutes late on the video call. There were 2 guys there from two different projects. They took turns asking me questions that were relevant to their projects. The whole thing took about an hour, and they said they were interested but I never heard from them again

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions. The only technical question they asked was to describe a feedback loop   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Belcan (Louisville, KY) in March 2013.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter for an interview. After meeting with a manager and interviewing, no follow up from company.