Belden Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2017

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Belden (Lafayette, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at a university career fair. Each recruiter was very friendly, and I got invited to interview the next day on campus. The interview was mainly behavioral questions. The gentleman interviewing me was very friendly and responsive the entire time, and he made the entire process very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult time when working with a team. What did you do in the situation to better the overall outcome of the teams goals.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Belden (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university website. Had a phone interview. All the questions were behavioral in nature. It seemed like a rapid fire interview. The interviewer asked me atleast 15-20 questions in 25 minutes. Several times, he asked me to answer the questions briefly. No technical questions were asked. Several questions required me to answer in just a yes or a no.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to overcome a team conflict.   Answer Question

Intern - Monthly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Belden in September 2015.

Interview

phone interview. very basic behavior questions. but didn't get reply....I don't know why. the second round of interview was taken in St. Louis. also ask the relocation preference. spend a lot of time introducing Belden and herself as an interviewer, how to work blah blah blah

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Belden in August 2015.

Interview

Very positive experience from my initial conversation with Shannon from Belden's in-house recruiting department, 2 1/2 week interview process, to the offer letter. Everyone I spoke with was very professional and upbeat about the company. I especially appreciated their honesty in presenting a realistic job description, including challenges. I encountered no bizarre/left field interview questions (I've heard my share) and upper management presented themselves as very down to earth, passionate for success/growth, but with realistic expectations.
    After completing my 1st week of onboarding and training, all is as expected, no big surprises. I couldn't be more happy to be working for Belden, an industry leader.

Director Continuous Improvement/Lean Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Belden (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

HR screen first, followed by a personality test that tests logic, reasoning and reading comprehension. Followed by phone interview with a member of the team, then a seperate interview with the hiring manager, then the Sales Exec. 4 hour interview with an industrial psychologist was the last step - did not move past this round. Lengthiest process I have ever experienced with any company. Little feedback on how you're doing throughout process and certainly at the end the feedback why I was eliminated was vague with little detail.

Very negative experience as the job requirements changed while in the process. I was slated to go in for an interview but was told the CEO decided the candidate should have specific skills not part of the original job post requirements which changed everything and hence made several candidates waste their time. Be cautious if a job has been open for months (mine was open for 6 months) they most likely dont know what theyre doing or what they want in a candidate

Interview Questions

• Resume questions, some behavioural, leadership type questions, little technical questions   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Belden in February 2015.

Interview

Screening through recruiter, written answers to list of questions, formal application on website, phone interview. I was initially told by the recruiter the job would not require travel, but during the phone interview I found out this was not the case. I also learned that, although they wanted someone with SAP experience, many of their sites are on a legacy system and that is what I would initially be supporting.

Interview Questions

• Please name all ERP systems you are familiar with and total number of years experience.   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable working with people of from diverse ethnic backgrounds?   Answer Question

Product Development Interview

Interview

Spoke with them at career, got called for on campus interview. It went really well, I loved the girl I interviewed with. Behavioral questions. Just gotta connect with the people.
    They emailed me about a week later asking me to come up to Indy for a 2 day interview process. The first day we did group work and some random tests and then went to a super nice dinner. Second day was a 1 hour interview and tour of the facility. Interview was behavioral until very last question. I didnt provide a very good answer. Be confident!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you got constructive criticism.
      If you found this piece of anonymous plastic in your process, what lab characterization methods would you use to identify it?   1 Answer

Not what I want to do with my life.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Belden.

Interview

Had a campus interview. It went very well. Questions were situational/behavioral. Interviewer was very nice and easy to talk to. Made it to final rounds on-site. Was a two day event. First day we were put into groups and given a half hour to solve a problem and figure out how to present our solution. All the groups presented. We then took a test and dinner. The next day we had a rotation of a tour, Q&A and interview. The interview was with three people and was situational again.

Operations Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Belden (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

After a 1:1 on campus interview I got contact a few weeks after for the second round. The second round consisted of a two day event with everything planned out well. The first day had a company presentation, group case study/presentation, and IQ tests. This was followed by a great dinner were alcoholic beverage was provided (be careful). Second day consisted of a very casual talk about yourself as an individual and a panel of current workers.

Interview Questions

• The students were split into groups to brainstorm a case study and perform a presentation. The process is very fast with very little time to properly prepare a presentation but be ready to present to a group of executives.   1 Answer

Locations are limited and are mostly on very small towns with nothing to do. If you are a city individual take this into consideration.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Belden.

Interview

The interview process was very generic and unprofessional. However there was testing that was done to determine where you ranked in accordance with their company values. The hiring process was your standard hiring process with drug screen and background check.

Interview Questions

The company did not represent itself in a professional manner and there did not seem like there would be any other opportunities for advancement