Belden Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Belden in April 2011.

Interview

It was for the college/MBA recruitment. They took us to Indy and showed us around. Interview questions start in high school and work forward. There were 3 managers in the room and 1 HR individual. It was a pleasant experience, but fairly easy to take charge of. They are looking for people who have a leadership awareness. Make sure to make eye contact with everyone in the room, not just the person asking the question and shake hands upon entering.

If you are on the college recruitment, remember that they will be watching you the entire time, so ask intelligent questions on the plant tour and at the dinners. Make a point to meet all the people for your discipline that are conducting the interviews (finance, marketing, ops, etc.).

They really want to make sure that you are OK living in undesirable cities (i.e. Richmond, IN). The personality tests are geared towards this as well. Be enthusiastic about the opportunity as they will reimburse you appropriately to live in these locales.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-existent. There was a group of us that came from the same school and none of us negotiated. I would have had more success if I had gone it alone.