Belkin Analyst, Corporate Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

Analyst, Corporate Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Belkin (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

Just to set the scene, the entire process was very drawn out because, as I was to find out later, the department and position were open to being restructured and redefined. The position I applied for was scrapped in favor of another newly created position. Additionally, communication was not very good during the process. I had to be diligent to get post interview information, and had a hard time contacting the internal recruiter (who was late for our in-person interview) after initial contact.

Other than that it was an interesting an engaging experience. I was contacted initially by the in-person recruiter to set up an interview. It was about two weeks before I heard from him again to schedule the interview, and then we had the recruiter interview. He then scheduled an interview with the hiring manager, who, after the phone interview, tasked me with writing a summary analysis of a business problem (see below).

I passed that and was invited for a full-panel interview with the key stakeholders in Corporate Development, Product Development, and IT. I interviewed with 5 people over 4 hours. I enjoyed the interview process, although I was unprepared for the hiring manager's business case interview question, and by the time I interviewed with him I was a little tired and off my game.

After that, I did not hear back until I had contacted them several times. I was informed via email from the recruiter of the department and position changes.

I didn't get the final "the position has been filled" email for another several months.

Interview Questions

• How much would you charge to rent out Central Park for a night?   1 Answer
  • Write an analysis of "What is the biggest most significant consumer trend, why is it important, and what are the implications for Belkin?"   1 Answer