Bell Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.8

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bell Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

1- application to fill 10min
    2- typing speed test, two paragraphs
    3- Technical exam is two parts 1 hour
    4- ArcGIS drawing a map they give you instructions and mall map to redo and add stores names in database 20mim
    5- interview with graphic designer 15min-20min

Interview Questions

• Do you see your self as Artists or graphic designer?   Answer Question
    • What was the biggest challenge project?   Answer Question
    • What will you do incase they will keep asking for modifications and the project keep go and back?
      Specially if they require something is totally different with strange colours or fonts?
      Answer Question
    • What is the project from either studying period or professional experience you made you feel proud ? and why?   Answer Question

Partner Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bell Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

Business Case with recommendations and behavioural. I was contacted about the role as I had worked with the Hiring Director at a previous employer. They knew I had done similar work and that I was exploring opportunities.

Interview Questions

• most of the interview consisted of reading an HBR business case, and presenting a PowerPoint presentation. Some questions were asked about past experiences specific to the role.   1 Answer

Junior GIS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bell Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

It had a formal testing part that took an hour and then two separate interviews. It took almost three hours. Kind of ridiculous and they didn't tell you in advance to prepare

Interview Questions

• They made me do mapping on the spot. Kind of difficult when I was working at a higher level of mapping and haven't done simple stuff in a while that I actually struggled and looked bad..

They asked about past job experiences, strengths, weaknesses, skills. Pretty typical. The online testing was the most difficult part. I have a masters, post grad, and bachelors and I had alot of difficulty because I don't do well with that type of testing. I found that this method of interviewing didn't really convey who I am as a candidate. I would have been able to do the job and unfortunately the testing methods just didn't work for me as a person

Junior SQL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bell Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

This was some weird department in the Bell Mobility campus in Mississauga.

1. Received phone call telling me about job details. Most notably that they only pay $80 for 8 hours of work.
    2. Went in anyway, toured the weirdly awesome office. They made a point of highlighting all the non-work related stuff that they did, which was a bit of a red flag in my mind.
    3. Brought into a side room with 3 others for a series of PC-based tests -- Actually, they were Macbooks with Windows installed... -- ran about 2 hours worth of tests.
    4. Brought into a separate room for interview. Met with low-level manager who gave me a presentation challenge to do based on a poster graphic and no explanation of said graphic.
    5. Made presentation 20 min later and was then told to wait for another interviewer.
    6. Older guy comes in, states many worrying things about the business, even drops the F bomb at one point, and evades my question of what his title was.
    7. No call back (but I didn't want one after the weird vibe I got)

Graduate Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North York, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bell Canada (North York, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Video interview, you have 30 seconds to prepare for each question, and you get 1 minute to record your answer in one take. There are about 5 questions. Next is a 3 hour interview. Two hours to prepare for a case study from HBR, and 10 minutes to present and then about an hour of behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioural questions   1 Answer

New Grad Bell Networks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bell Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

First you do a "video interview" which seems to be a new trend these days where you don't even get the honor of talking or meeting a real person. Here you answer 7 questions which are timed. Very awkward watching yourself on the screen speak to the computer.

After a month I got an email saying I've moved on to the next round and that I need to select 3 positions from a big list. Ok... I thought I already applied to the job. So here we go apply again and go through their website.

It's been another month and I haven't heard anything from anyone so I'm assuming I didn't get selected.

Very efficient process... Don't get a chance to speak to or meet a real person, just left hanging for 2 months. Would not do this again.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bell Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

My interview process was divided into three parts. First the recruiter screened and met with me. Second was a phone screen by a Bell employee. Third was an in person interview. There were two people in the room and two people on video conference. There were two use cases. The first one was quite simple and the second one was more complex and required a great deal of thought. I think I handled the first use case well, but for the second, I did not. I focused and got stuck on a small part and was so nervous that I failed to see the big picture.

Incident Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bell Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in December 2012.

Interview

Initial communication was a very quick call from their HR department (sounded possibly from India) and it was cut to the chase with two questions: How comfortable are you working in a French office and salary. The call was a bit abrupt and cold. I received an email confirmation for an interview with address and all the basics. My resume reflects that I travel by public transit however you cannot get there by public transit and that I discovered in my travel to the interview. I called the hiring manager to advise of my dilemma and no problem I was five minutes away he'll come pick me up. I was already off guard. I was led to the office, introduced to the francophone staff and led to an interview room with three IT managers. It was what I call a standard interview but only one issue that kept me on edge the whole time. Only one manager made eye contact with me the whole time. There were no surprising questions however I felt very intimidated. It was a rough interview because I could not draw the attention of two of the managers. The interview was conducted entirely in French. The English was skipped because of my obvious anglo accent. I never received any feedback what so ever on the interview and followed up with both an email and a phone call with nobody wanting to give me feedback.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you and your boss disagreed on an issue.   Answer Question

Web Designer/Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint John, NB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bell Canada (Saint John, NB (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied and received a call 2 weeks later for a phone interview with the HR person, Hiring Manager and Tech person. I was told it would be a standard HR interview. The interview itself lasted 1.5 hours and was exhausting. Was asked every HR question in the book i think and a lot of technical questions as well. I received an email 1 week later saying they chose someone else for the position.

Interview Questions

• Explain the change from CSS2 to CSS3.
      Name a time you have been challenged in your position and how did you overcome and succeed. Be specific.
      Why did you apply?
      Describe how your last employer would describe you.
      Have you ever worked with someone that didnt get along with and how did you overcome that?
      Name your greatest accomplishment in a past position.
      And so much more.....

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bell Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2010.

Interview

It was not a very good interview as they were not focused on the job nor did they have the right description of the work involved in having to do the job. If was not organized and did not make any sense to me of what they were looking for in this position

Interview Questions

• None were asked that were difficult   1 Answer