Bell Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bell Canada Interview Questions

Updated Nov 23, 2017

2.8

Information Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bell Canada in October 2017.

Interview

First submit the resume online, then I received a video interview after 2 days. there are 5 questions showed on the screen, you have 30s to prepare the answer. And 60s~90s to answer the questions. There is no restart option for the video interview.

Interview Questions

• First question How did you prepare for this interview?   Answer Question
    • 2. Which of Bell’s Grad Programs are you most interested in and why?   Answer Question
    • 3. Describe a time when you took on additional work to help your team to meet a crucial goal.   Answer Question
    • 4. How do you handle disagreement with your team?   Answer Question
    • 5. What do you think about cellphones in 5 years?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bell Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

1)First I got a general Video interview call for "Graduate Leadership"
    2)Then I receive a call and an email describing that the next interview would be of three hours consisting of three components: A case study, analytical Questions and the behavioural Questions.
    3)However, when I go there the introduction/welcome/ortientation is cold and am given 4 components instead of 3: A case study, analytical Ques, a booklet filled with coding questions and the behavioural questions for 3 hours.
    4)I was told that its not necessary to finish everything before I met the hiring managers, as it isn't practical to complete all the components in 2 hours(last hour was for behavioural ques with HR and presentation of what I did in the rest three components)
    5)Now i am interviewed by 3 people(i was told 2) and what got me even more mad is the questions I was asked:
    a)You are already a coop in a company? Why don't u just try there internally? why bell?
    b)I see in your resume you have a "senior" coop position in that company? how can you become a "senior" without having to become "junior"
    c)When I said I like the way they respect the new graduates they hire and provide them with appropriate training, I was told - oh! am sure your current company (where i am a coop) also provides training!!!! (This ain't anything you can love about the company)

People in the office around me cracked jokes on the salary which bell pays them and how much would be our salary(the ones getting hired), and if they could swap as they pretty much didn't like theres.
    The lady who welcomed me to the room was spoken ill about by the men in the room as soon as she left the room.

Overall, I did not like the way bell treated me (and the way they reacted to me being a coop in a different company and still applying for a job at bell) and also the way the employees had a negative vibe

I am very disappointed! Absolutely Didn't expect this.
    Thanks for reading and be prepared!!

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bell Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

That is a 3 hour interview! The most exhausted interview I have ever took. Two people interviewed me separate, but they are asking me similar questions. I have to answer same questions for two times when I was really tired.

GIS Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bell Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

Ridiculously long interview process, they wanted to pay under minimum wage, and on top of that have me come in on Saturdays unpaid. When I first applied, I got a application form, and cognitive test from the recruiter. Then I had a phone interview with the recruiter, and they told me the rate of pay would about $130 per day (which at the time I thought would be averaged out to some hourly rate for an 8 hour workday). The recruiter scheduled me an interview with Bell, and then sent me 9 question GIS assessment to do at home and send back to them. The interview was three hours long, I had three technical tests (typing, research, and digitizing). Afterwards, they sat me in a room and someone from HR came and asked me some questions. On the job posting it said the job was part time and since I was in school she kept asking me if I would be able to manage both my work and school, and made it seem like they didn't want to hire someone that's still in school (idek why they would waste their and my time interviewing me, since this seemed to be the case). Then she told me most workdays are 10+ hours, and the pay would actually be between $100-$130 per day, so basically under minimum wage. She also asked me if I would be able to come in Saturdays UNPAID to do learning modules. They made it sound mandatory, but I basically said there would no way that I would come in for that. After that a guy came in and asked me some questions about GIS functions, and some typical interview questions.

It was really disappointing to see a Fortune 500 company like Bell try to scam their workers into working very long hours, for under minimum wage. After this interview I felt disgusted, gross, and I felt bad that some people are so desperate for a job in their field that they would actually take a job like this. I would honestly rather keep my retail job or volunteer for a charity and not get paid than take this job. I also kinda considered switching to Rogers after this experience lol.

New Graduate Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bell Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was invited to an automated Video Interview against a machine. Questions appear on screen with a timer and you have to try to answer them. Am not a fan of the automated timed answers. If you take the time and effort to apply to a company, it would be appreciated if they took the time for a live human to interview you.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bell Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I recommend running as far as possible from this "opportunity" if you're considering it, especially if you're a new grad or student. After the arduous interview process and extremely low pay quote, I found out about Bell's past transgressions when it comes to unpaid/underpaid new grads and general abuse towards interns and new grads.

I applied through a hiring agency and had a phone "interview"-- the call was less an interview and more so them vetting me to continue to the in-person interview, which was said to be a 2-3 hour process all together.

I was sent an itinerary for the day, including a typing test, graphic design test, Arc GIS exercise and formal interviews. This only added up to an hour and a half so I was suspicious.
    By chance, I looked them up the position on Glassdoor before I left for the interview and every negative review I read confirmed the experience that followed.

Interview Questions

• 1.) Exceptionally bad pay. Quoted $100-$130 daily rate (I'm told that it really is $100), with hours that "aren't your typical 9 to 5". What they mean is 12 hour days. If you do the math, it barely works out to minimum wage.
      2.) They say it's 2-3 hour interview process on the phone, but when you arrive and they tell you it's more like 5 hours, which was exactly on the mark
      3.) I did most of their tests in a tiny room with two other girls, who were applying for different positions. They ask you via email whether you prefer mac or PC; regardless of our preferences, we were all assigned to Mac Book Airs. My computer mouse was outdated and finicky. The version of Illustrator I used to do the test was outdated. The crappy technical set-up boggled my mind, considering that Bell is a technology company.
      4.) I could continue to describe every interview detail, but I am not here to help anyone get this job. You are better than this. Do not discount your worth simply because you're a grad or you're young. I guarantee that you are over-qualified for this job.   1 Answer

Operations Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

Interview

Applied online through the university career site and later received an invitation to do a video interview. There were several behavioural questions to which I recorded answers for. I was then offered an in person interview where I was given a case, roughly 2 hours of preparation time and then asked to present in front of a panel of 3 employees. That was followed up by some friendly conversation and a few more behavioural questions. It took them almost a month to inform me I had not received the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you had to work with someone difficult and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bell Canada.

Interview

The interview was a telephonic one, which itself made me uncomfortable, as I prefer face-to-face interviews. The questions were related to my previous work experience. I felt a couple of them were tricky as I had to dig deep into what I did, especially on excel data. I didn't get any second round interview

Bell Graduate Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bell Canada in September 2017.

Interview

Starts with a video interview that just asks you general questions, you have 45 seconds to come up with a response and then you have to record your response which has to be around 1 minute

Graduate Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bell Canada in September 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed in montreal. I was very well prepared and felt I nailed it however i didnt. Although the interviewers were chill, hwever I was nervous all the time. This affected my communciation