Bell Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.8

Grad Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bell Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

After filling in an online application with resume, cover letter, and transcript, a link is sent to you to do a video interview. The process for the video interview takes 15 minutes. You have 30 seconds to read the question and 2 minutes to answers 6 questions in total. You get 1 practice question which you can repeat again to make sure sound quality is good.

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about outside of school?   Answer Question
    • What transferable skills can you apply to the role you are applying for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bell Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Video interview: 5-6 questions where they give you 30seconds to prepare and 2.5 minutes to answer. It's more of a get to know you portion of the process + 3 part assessment where they test your reasoning/logic skills, your personality and how you react in different situations.

Bell New Grad Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bell Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a very well defined and fair 4-step process.
    1. Online video assessment
    2. 3 online tests for Aptitude assessment (took 2 hours)- from Thomas international (Practice those)
    3. Group interview with the team (in person)
    4. Case analysis, presentation and interview

It was a great experience. I was able to learn more about myself in the process. I met with senior level managers, Senior HR consultant and other team members. They were very friendly and I did not feel that I am in an interview. I felt that I am in a group discussion. They make the atmosphere very friendly so that the applicant can perform their best.
    What I found interesting is that the process is very defined and fair. They have set of questions that they ask to ALL candidate and score based on that. The reason I am saying this that I faced other interviews and the interviewer(s) asked questions from all over the place, related and unrelated.It showed that they were not prepared. But for Bell, they knew exactly what they are looking for.
    Keep applying to Bell. The best company to work for. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Some behavior based and situation based question. Spend time to prepare so that you can communicate your answers well.
      Tell me about a situation....
      How did you prepare for interview?
      What is your interest?
      Why Bell? Why this program?

Basically they want to know YOU. The actual YOU. So, be yourself.

Be confident, Communicate well, know your resume and bring your smile. :)
      Answer Question

Graduate Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bell Canada (Kingston, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

After applying, I received a pre-recorded video assessment I had to complete within 72 hours. Afterwards I received 3 test I had to complete online and was finally called in for a 3 hour case interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bell Canada in October 2016.

Interview

I went for Business Intelligence.

1. Went to an on-campus recruiting event. Talked to many people, got a good sense of the program, and made some contacts

2. Submitted Application online

3. Was asked to do a video interview on my own time. They ask 6 questions and you have 2 minutes to answer each one. Installed an App on my phone to do it. You can't resubmit. The questions someone else posted here are correct for the video interview.

4. I was also immediately emailed to complete 3 online assessments. One was a EQ test, one was test measuring mental process ability (speed and accuracy super important), and the last one was an aptitude assessment. You have 48 hours to complete all 3.

5. Around 1 week later, I was emailed by the manager, and invited to an on-campus interview. The interview was 3 hours long and I had 3 business leaders interview me. 2 hours you are given HBR case to do a case presentation, and a USB stick containing tons of data plus some basic SQL questions. The last hour, you present your case to the employees, and they look over what you did for the analytics. After around 15 minutes, they start asking behavioral questions that are not the cliche ones. I was caught off guard once. They do ask personal questions if they need to, and some technical stuff. They asked lots of questions about the case to make sure you understood it. It was very detailed. They told me they would email me in 3 weeks with a yes or no. If you've never done a case before like me, you are in for a struggle.

6. Exactly 3 weeks later, I got an email from another Bell Manager who was interested in me. We had a phone interview for an hour discussing the role he wanted me in. It was more manager talking about role and letting me know how it was, and if I was still interested. It was somewhat informal, little behavioral questions. Still didn't know if I had a job.

7. Next day, received a personal email from them, and received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain a mistake you once did, and how you fixed it   Answer Question
    • Explain a situation in which you had a project flung upon you, and how did you solve it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bell Canada in October 2016.

Interview

1. Video interview - 6 Questions
    2. 3 part questionnaire from Thomas Assessments - Fairly simple IQ test + emotional test questions
    3. In person interview - Covered Resume, Basic behavioral questions, a couple of reasoning questions. Interview held very professionally, almost conversational. Hiring managers were extremely friendly. Went on for about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral and situational questions + a couple of reasoning questions.   Answer Question

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bell Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

1)phone interview about 10-15 mins, ask about drive lisense and the shift
    2)online test about 40 question in 1 hour
    3)sales manager interview in 2 hours, the recruiter is very nice and professional

Graduate Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bell Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online at Bell site.
    I got the video screening link on applying which needed to be completed within 72 hours. There were 6 questions. Was given 30 secs to think and 2 mins to respond with our answers. I got an In-person Interview too. There were behavioral questions and went through my Resume. Waiting for their response.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you faced a conflict situation and how did you handle it.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you demonstrated leadership skills.   Answer Question

Systems Integration Tester Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bell Canada in October 2016.

Interview

Video pre-screening interview after three days I submitted the application online with 6 questions; And a 30 minute phone interview 2 days after I completed the video interview with the head leader of the IPTV lab and a representative from HR department. The phone interview had around 10 questions, half of them are about personal management (time management, project management, etc) and the other half about technical experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience on ios or Windows? (any developed software? in what language?)
      What's your problem shooting techniques? Questions regarding to your previous experience stated on the Resume; Experience about using Wireshark;
      Answer Question

Network Grads Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bell Canada in October 2016.

Interview

Like everyone in the Graduate Leadership program I had to go through all the process - Video Interview (6 questions and the response were recorded), then Online test and I was called for in person interview and was conducted by two person. According to me my interview went very well. I was said I will get the result in 3 weeks and today I completed exactly three weeks. No response yet and I tried to follow up with the person who scheduled the interview but still no response. I think I should give up the hope. A big disappointment. I was hoping for a positive result.