Bell Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bell Canada Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2017

2.8

Graduate Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bell Canada in October 2016.

Interview

Absolutely horrible process. Seriously, never again. I applied online via company website; the saving grace here *might* be that they used Successfactor.

Was contacted 4 days later to start the process. As part of the application (ie. before the next step), you must complete a one-way video interview. The questions were simple enough - 3 questions, mostly behavioural, with one design question at the end: how do you implement a new feature/application developed at Bell? What steps would you take to make sure it is successful?

Next steps involved applying to specific streams. The "Graduate Leadership Program" is just a catch all for their new grad positions; you now have to apply specifically into each stream that you're interested in (e.g. Developer, Project Manager, Business Intelligence, etc.) - each required a separate application.

Where it goes downhill was the 3 assessments they sent afterwards. They're administered by Thomson International, and were extremely dumb. PPA+, GIA, TEIQue - personality, aptitude, and emotional assessments. Long, mundane, and annoying to complete. The personality/emotional assessments were scenario based behavioural questions that asked how you reacted/felt in that situation, and the aptitude test is similar to that of Amazon's - pattern recognition, logical reasoning, etc.

It took them 1.5 months to finally tell me I was rejected.

Disappointing process, would not even consider doing it again.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural questions in the one way interview, as well as one design question - how would you implement/bring to market a new feature/application at Bell? What steps would you take to ensure its success?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bell Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Application process was very long and unorganized. After applying online, I was contacted to complete the video interview. Questions were standard behavioral. A month after completing this online interview, I was contacted to complete the online questionnaire by Thompson International. They take quite a bit of time to complete, but if you have applied to other places with similar behavior, personality and/or pattern test it should be straight forward.

The final part was in the in person interview. It lasted about 2 hours and I went in to the Wynford Drive location in North York. It was held on a Saturday and EXTREMELY unorganized. They were running late. I was first placed in a room on my own to complete 8 excel questions and a case study. No one was around to watch me or for me to ask questions. After one hour, I was taken to another room to basically present everything I just did. My issues were that I had 3-5 people in the room playing musical chairs. Walking in and out, going to other rooms, asking me a question and then leaving while I answer. I found it rude and it left a bad taste in my mouth. I was able to at least keep my composure and answer their questions well (in my opinion). However, there was very little feedback on how I did. I also want to note that another applicant didn't even do the Thompson International tests and made it to the in person interview.

One month later they send a generic rejection letter. I tried to contact the manager I was interviewing with to at least get some feedback, but no reply. Overall it was a very bad interview experience and I will not be applying to any jobs at Bell in the future.

2017 Network Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bell Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

1. I applied online for 2017 new graduate program.There was a Video interview link where you were asked several behavioral type question.
    2. After a 2 days later they send a link to do online assessment :PPA, GIA and Emotional Intelligence from Thomas International.
    3. A week later I got an email for in person interview at Bell Mississauga .
    Its been more than 6 weeks I have not heard from BELL.

New Graduate Leadership Program Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bell Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

1. Applied online
    2. Completed the same video interview as everyone else here
    3. 3 Online "IQ"-like assessments
    4. Phone Interview
    5. Case Presentation Interview followed by a bahevioural interview

With the case presentation, the applicants were provided with the case around 1 week before the interview itself. I

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bell Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Video interview, spatial/personality tests, 2 hour case - 10 minute presentation, behavioural interview, recruitment dinner. You get a case to read and have 2 hours to create a presentation and present it in 10 minutes.

Analyst, Cyber Threat Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bell Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a series of 5 phone interviews. 1st one was the screening from HR and the next three were the core technical interviews with the subject matter experts and the hiring manager from Bell. The last one was with the hiring manager regarding the offer (negotiating the salary, benefits, etc) and all. Got 3 business days to accept the offer and sign back to them.

The difficulty was 4.5 out of 5 and climbing the ladder approach. There will be a thorough background check before you get on-boarded. So, it needs to be very careful while giving the background information. Any untrue background information can void of the offer.

Interview Questions

• Its hard to specify! But I got a very tough question (I guess) regarding malware.   1 Answer

Graduate Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bell Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through their website, was told to make a video interview, weeks after had some tests, was called for final skype interview and didn't hear from them for almost 2 months but eventually got a generic email from them

Dispatch Interview

Interview

I had to apply online which in itself was a chore. Then I met with someone who I don't think i ever saw again once I got hired. Overall the process was pretty easy - overly secured building was a bit of a turn off though. I knew pretty quickly after the interview that I got hired though which was great.

Customer Service and Loyalty Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bell Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

1) Online application with questionnaire screening
    Process included answering a list of personality questions as well as basic problem solving questions with some basic math involved.
    2) Video interview submission
    A preset list of short questions, timed video responses (using your webcam and microphone), no opportunity given to repeat or fix your answers.
    3) Versant phone test
    Call in to complete a test for phone manner/voice clarity. Repetition, basic logic and timed paragrah responses.
    4) Face-to-face meeting/interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you gave exceptional customer service?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you missed a deadline, and what steps did you take to prevent that from happening again?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you worked to meet a target, how did you help your peers meet their targets?   Answer Question

Network Grad Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bell Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Asked to do online interview within 48 hours. It was a webcam interview you had 1 minute to answer each question and 30 seconds to read the question. Was very basic questions about 5 of them. Its been about a week since I completed it but I have yet to get any followup.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength and weakness ?   1 Answer