Bell Canada Interview Questions in Montreal, QC | Glassdoor

Updated May 19, 2017

2.9

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bell Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

I was interviewed by two managers. First, they described the company, their department, and their future plans. After that, they asked me a bunch of technical questions related to leadership, continuous integration, design patterns...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bell Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Initial reasoning and personality tests. Questions are super easy.
    In person is a 2 hr case with a presentation to a panel (some might be over video) and a 45min behavioral after

The initial call for the in person interview scheduled me for a skype interview since I couldn't make the in person. A few days later I get called to reschedule to an in person. A few days later they call me several times on a Saturday to reschedule again. There was no reimbursement/consideration for the fact they scheduled me for an interview 30 min after a class and it takes 20 minutes to get there by cab.
    The actual case is a standard HBS case for which you have to bring your own laptop and are given a usb with basic financial statement outlines prepped. They expect a very brief powerpoint presentation. They didn't give me wifi access so I figured I wasn't allowed. Only after the 2 hrs when the interviewer came back she realized she forgot to give me the password and laughed it off.
    Behavioural was basic. The interview ran a bit late because I wanted to ask questions and one of the interviewers started tapping his fingers and looking impatiently at me.
    Extremely unprofessional and unpleasant experience overall.

Interview Questions

• How would you balance conflicting deadlines?
      Describe a time you had to manage different groups in a different ways using logic skills
      Name a time you handled a conflict well and a time you handled one poorly.
      2 Answers

Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bell Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Case interview, 2 hours prep then 1 hour presentation + Q&A
    Many behavioural questions related to personality, why I want to work at Bell, what can I contribute etc
    Questions related to how I came to certain recommendations in my presentation
    Interviewers were very friendly and easy going

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a team member who wasn't actively participating   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bell Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online at Bell site.
    I got the video screening link on applying which needed to be completed within 72 hours. There were 6 questions. Was given 30 secs to think and 2 mins to respond with our answers. I got an In-person Interview too. There were behavioral questions and went through my Resume. Waiting for their response.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you faced a conflict situation and how did you handle it.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you demonstrated leadership skills.   Answer Question

Analyst, Cyber Threat Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bell Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a series of 5 phone interviews. 1st one was the screening from HR and the next three were the core technical interviews with the subject matter experts and the hiring manager from Bell. The last one was with the hiring manager regarding the offer (negotiating the salary, benefits, etc) and all. Got 3 business days to accept the offer and sign back to them.

The difficulty was 4.5 out of 5 and climbing the ladder approach. There will be a thorough background check before you get on-boarded. So, it needs to be very careful while giving the background information. Any untrue background information can void of the offer.

Interview Questions

• Its hard to specify! But I got a very tough question (I guess) regarding malware.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bell Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through their website, was told to make a video interview, weeks after had some tests, was called for final skype interview and didn't hear from them for almost 2 months but eventually got a generic email from them

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bell Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

RH questions and technical questions.The people were nice, the questions were about my past experience and the percent of my work for database modelling. What is a trigger, what tools I used.

Telecommunications Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bell Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very long, first I had to fill a long online questionnaire, then I had an online interview, 1 minute to prepare to each question and 1 minute to answer about 4-5 questions.

Then I got a interview by phone where we discussed the job of technician and at this moment I am waiting for any news.

Field OperationsProgram Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bell Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

The first interview is an online interview. It is fairly different than other interviews as they show you a question for 30 seconds and then give you 1 or 2 minutes to answer on your webcam, filming yourself. It is the first screening and then you get a face-to-face interview.
    I rated the difficulty average not because of the questions, but because it is quite an odd interview process. You don't actually speak to someone which may make it difficult to adapt.

Finance Manager - Commodity Tax Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Verdun, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bell Canada (Verdun, QC (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through co-op program at university. The process took approximately 2 weeks. It was a pleasurable 40 minute interview with the Director and a Senior Manager at Bell's headquarter in Verdun, QC. Overall the process was pretty easy. Bilingualism was not necessarily required in Tax Department.

Interview Questions

• Background questions, Accounting knowledge, Experience with Excel and SAP   Answer Question