Belvedere Trading Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Belvedere Trading Business Analyst Interview Questions

3.2

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Belvedere Trading in September 2016.

Interview

They gave a series of SAT like math questions, but you only had a minute per question. There was also a surprise cover letter at the end, during which you are also timed.

I didn't think the questions themselves would have been that hard, had I been given more time to answer. But its a fast-stakes work environment, so it makes sense that they would challenge candidates in this way. You can't really prepare, but it is multiple choice.

Interview Questions

• The ratio of men to women at a party is 20:11. If seven more men come, the ratio becomes 3:2. How many men are there in total at the party?

A 100 ml drink is 20% alcohol. How many liters of pure alcohol would need to be added to the drink in order for it to be 25% alcohol?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Belvedere Trading

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Belvedere Trading.

Interview

To the point, simple, fun, asked some questions about your interests, some calculation questions in the form of "how many....". I enjoyed the questions and talking to the interviewer. This is only about the first part of the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Belvedere Trading (South Bend, IN) in April 2016.

Interview

I just finished the first round skype interview. It was a basic behavioral with about 3 brain teaser questions. They asked me to estimate the number of gas stations in the U.S., how many golf balls would fit in a 10x10x10 cube, and to describe how a bike works.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Belvedere Trading in April 2016.

Interview

Talked with the recruiting team. Got a call for a video interview. The video interview was just a couple behavioral and technical questions. Be ready to answer out of the box questions.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Belvedere Trading in December 2015.

Interview

Round 1 was a resume Drop.

Round 2 was a Skype interview and logic test on the computer. The interview was 45 minutes and quickly accelerated to probability and logic. I was asked for mental math, how much the Sears tower weighs, any why they should hire me in two sentences.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Belvedere Trading (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Total of two interviews with one project. First interview was an over the phone/skype style interview, more of a get to know you style interview and ask you about your resume. They follow this up with a project, they ask you to complete it within a week and submit it back to them. Within a week or two of that, you will be invited to do an on site interview in Chicago (typically a Friday into Saturday). You will come in and learn about the atmosphere, get a tour of the company, get a better understanding of how belvedere runs without any clients or customers. Once you have a basic overview, they tell you a bit more about benefits and do a few presentations on what different roles in the company do. From there you will give a presentation that's roughly ten minutes. From there, you will have a few rounds of interviews, the first half is about your experiences thus far, then they will ask you two logical questions each. To be honest, prep up for these questions because by the time the third round of interviews comes, you may not be thinking straight. After the interviews, you go out to "dinner" with individuals in the company. You come to realize that the oldest person in the company may be no older than Jesus when he died, and you find out that most of the people there were involved in greek life at some point or another through college. It's a competitive atmosphere, so it's not surprising. After they spoil all the workers and job candidates with some expensive drinks and appetizers, you go back to the hotel and wait to hear an answer for about a week to two weeks.

Interview Questions

• How much does the Sears tower weigh? Describe how you came up with that number.   1 Answer
    • You have an airplane, you need to weigh the airplane, but you don't have a scale. How do you weigh the airplane?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Belvedere Trading in October 2014.

Interview

Submitted my resume and got an email asking to interview. Came in and had a short interview, asking the standard questions. There were a few technicals concerning algorithm structure and handling of cases and some brainteasers. After this, they gave me a 10 minute assessment, testing logic and problem solving.

Interview Questions

• Estimate how many gas stations there are in the United States   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Belvedere Trading.

Interview

1st Round interview was a phone screen with HR - very friendly. This was to see if you would be a good fit for the company culture and covered questions regarding your resume, core values and interests. Heard back within a few days that I made it to the next round which would be a skype interview with two current Business Analysts. The interviewers were cordial, however one would interrupt me as if my answers were not what she wanted to hear. Started off with resume review, asking specific technical questions about what was on my resume followed by logic tests, business case and explaining use tests.

Interview Questions

• Primary functions of content management system?
      Sell me on a particular feature of a regular item, based on mechanical function.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Belvedere Trading (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

First round interview was straightforward behavioral questions with two technical ones at the very end, follow-up test was also v easy, basically just some math and logic questions, each question was timed which was kinda annoying b/c some took a lot less time than other ones. Overall the process was fairly efficient and not too terrible.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

The phone interview about the resume, and skills believed to be most challenging for this position which works with both traders and software engineers.The HR seems nice, there is no technical part at this point, mainly about want did for last job. Guess I did not show really much passion, and they got that from the phone...

Interview Questions

• At this time, did not have technical questions asked for the phone interview   Answer Question