Benchling Customer Success Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Benchling

4.0

Customer Success Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Benchling (Boston, MA) in June 2019.

Interview

I was contacted and screened by a third party recruiter. Then proceeded to talk to a hiring manager for a pre-screen interview. Then required to design a slide deck on a given scientific topic and present to two phd scientists. I had five days to prepare while working a full time job on a topic that was unrelated to my particular scientific background. I was under the impression by the recruiter that the presentation was to test your BASIC knowledge of biology and communication/presentation skills. After giving the presentation, I was asked questions far beyond the scope of my knowledge and heavily science based especially considering this was not a Phd level role and I was presenting on a topic that I had no previous experience in. It also seemed that the two Phd scientists who interviewed me hadn't even looked at my resume prior to the interview as they asked questions unrelated to my skill set. I received a rejection letter less than a day later. I spend hours learning about a topic and putting together this presentation. I left with the impression that the scientific team and the recruiter are not on the same page about the qualifications needed for this job or that this company is just using interviews to get candidates to produce free work. This was a profound waste of my time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Benchling

Customer Success Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Benchling (San Francisco, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

HR > Hiring manager > on-site interviews
    HR is very responsive and quick in following up. They give prompts ahead for on-site interviews. The best interview experience I had in SF. People are kind in general and respect your time.

Interview Questions

Benchling Response

Mar 2, 2019 – Operations Specialist

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with our process. Happy to have you on our team!