Benchling Operations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Operations

Benchling Operations Interview Questions

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Benchling (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Where to start here…

The recruiter was upfront regarding the process and that it might be long which will include a 'test'. In all, this was nearly a 10 hour investment of my time including two onsite interviews, two phone interviews, the 'test', contacting my references for their reference checking over a span of 6 weeks. This is as extensive as what most C-level executives are required to go through in their interview processes. Regarding the test, I was instructed to not spend more than 5 hours on it. Yes, you read that correctly.

General team members seemed nice enough. The internal talent acquisition team of one, said I was perfect for the role and I have years of experience hitting every mark of their requirement and beyond. I'm not sure if it was a case of a very junior team frozen in fear of making the wrong hiring decision or they blatantly discriminate based on age or they just want free work done under the guise of a 'test'. The role I interviewed for has subsequently changed with a new title and now split between two roles. Is this to cast a wider net for free work/ideas? I don't know. The original role was not that extremely specialized and not only was I 100% qualified for the role, I know of at least 10 people personally who would also be qualified, so I was baffled.

The email I received letting me know they passed on my candidacy was frankly embarrassing. Be extremely careful considering a role here. My advice would be to try to minimize your time investment as they will try to suck as much out of you as they possibly can. Candidate beware.

Interview Questions