Benchmark Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 30, 2017

2.5

Planner-buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Benchmark Electronics (Concord, CA).

Interview

Great recruiter for company. She asked great questions. The interview in house was a group interview panel. The hiring manager, and several managers who interact with buyer participate and then they take you on a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your excel skills. Can you do Pivot Tables and vlookup?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They didn't really negotiate. They offered me what I put on the application as my desired income. I suggest you don't low ball that.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Benchmark Electronics.

Interview

Sometime a slow process, but they are very thorogh

Interview Questions

• Explain your experience with past development processes and what would you do to change or improve the process   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Benchmark Electronics in March 2009.

Interview

2 interviews in one day. First was Manager, then Director. Immediately get offered on the same day. Received offer letter and medical check up on the interview day too.

Interview Questions

• How do you fix this issue (he explained an issue)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation because I was freshy and they have standard market salary.

Manufacturing Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Angleton, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Benchmark Electronics (Angleton, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Good HR. started off with phone interview, continued with multiple Technical telephone interviews. Followed by one on one onsite interview. Followed by drug test, background test, salary negotiation and offer. Had a weekend to decide on the offer.

Sustaining Test Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Benchmark Electronics (Tempe, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

Very relaxing, and friendly. Everyone was cordial and the questions were not very tough or intimidating. I appreciated the opportunity to get a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• What about the company/role appealed to me?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Benchmark Electronics (Rochester, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

2 phone conversations with the HR representative. Some email exchanges to set up an interview between me and 3 supervisors from Benchmark. The Interview took place over a "Facetime"-like program.

Interview Questions

• What lab projects/experience do you have?   1 Answer
    • I was asked, I'm not kidding, if I preferred analog or digital circuits.   1 Answer

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Benchmark Electronics (Concord, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process for Benchmark had numerous rounds.
    1st round is with HR. They generally ask your background and your pay request
    2nd round is with numerous managers including the hiring manager you would work for
    Final round is with the General Manager.
    HR called between rounds providing updates.

Interview Questions

• Please indicate the level of SPC experience that you have.   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Benchmark Electronics (Rochester, MN) in February 2014.

Interview

Got a phone interview from the technical apartment of the company, lasted for 15 min, Basically some questions about the project I was doing in school and discuss of my resume.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Suzhou, Jiangsu (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Benchmark Electronics (Suzhou, Jiangsu (China)) in February 2011.

Interview

Telephone, face to face with program director/ senior program manager

Interview Questions

• How to work out solution for no clear forecast/ demand   1 Answer

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Braşov (Romania)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Benchmark Electronics (Braşov (Romania)) in September 2012.

Interview

Initial encounter was at Benchmark open days , an open doors event where I submitted my CV. Four weeks later I was contacted for the first interview which was a review of my previous work experience, personal goals and character . There where 2 interviewers: the manager of the engineering department and the HR . Second interview was a test of visual skills, motor skills, interpreting technical drawings, schematics and diagrams, and following instructions.
    The third time I met the manager and the HR again and discussed expectations, pay, and working conditions, Interviews where 2-3 weeks apart .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations where not what I expected, they have an salary base already outlined and it was a take it or leave it kind of situation, bonuses are on company wide basis so no negotiation there either, the only thing you can get is a deduction of transport costs but keep on it.