Benchmark Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 30, 2017

2.5

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Benchmark Electronics (Concord, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Submitted online resume. Recruiter call me, asked me behavioral questions. Two Group Interviews, some managers, and some with non-managers that would be touch points. Came back for fourth Interview touch point on another day. Hiring process took long time, and negotiated a salary, was told I would get that salary. Days later was then told that I would not get the salary. Approval had to be sent up to the highest level in the company.

Interview Questions

• Hiring Manage: You're running this interview, tell me why I should hire you.   1 Answer
    • On day one, they asked me if I had a problem with reporting to someone different than they had originally told me I would report to.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for and was told I would receive the salary requested. Several days later, was told that I would not get the salary negotiated, even after verbal.

Planner-buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Benchmark Electronics (Concord, CA).

Interview

Great recruiter for company. She asked great questions. The interview in house was a group interview panel. The hiring manager, and several managers who interact with buyer participate and then they take you on a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your excel skills. Can you do Pivot Tables and vlookup?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They didn't really negotiate. They offered me what I put on the application as my desired income. I suggest you don't low ball that.

Sustaining Test Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Benchmark Electronics (Tempe, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

Very relaxing, and friendly. Everyone was cordial and the questions were not very tough or intimidating. I appreciated the opportunity to get a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• What about the company/role appealed to me?   1 Answer

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moorpark, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Benchmark Electronics (Moorpark, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was called by Susan in HR and went on an interview a few days later. I had reviewed their website and went in all dressed up and enthusiastic about the company

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Benchmark Electronics (Rochester, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

2 phone conversations with the HR representative. Some email exchanges to set up an interview between me and 3 supervisors from Benchmark. The Interview took place over a "Facetime"-like program.

Interview Questions

• What lab projects/experience do you have?   1 Answer
    • I was asked, I'm not kidding, if I preferred analog or digital circuits.   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Benchmark Electronics (Tempe, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

Unorganized, Lengthy, and basically a process where interviewers just fluffed their feathers to brag about how great they are. No one listens only talks. For one phone interview the CIO called 30 minutes earlier than scheduled and was annoyed when I didnt answer immediately. Then was distracted the whole interview, not interested in learning about me and didnt ask questions and couldnt wait to get off phone. I had to ask him questions! He nded the call early stating he was busy and had imoortant things to do. Had the nerve to tell HR I was boring and that he wanted to hang up the phone. Wow. Good luck to your career. Shows great leadership skill. Not a place I would ever want to work at and thankfully I figured that out quickly.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Benchmark Electronics (Concord, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

interview process is very friendly and they know what they want .you need to prepare yourself to answer to very practical questions.so first of all the recruiter calls and invite you for interview .
    for interview you need to be ready and wear casual cloths.

Interview Questions

• what we have to do to monitor our product variation consistently?   1 Answer

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Benchmark Electronics (Concord, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process for Benchmark had numerous rounds.
    1st round is with HR. They generally ask your background and your pay request
    2nd round is with numerous managers including the hiring manager you would work for
    Final round is with the General Manager.
    HR called between rounds providing updates.

Interview Questions

• Please indicate the level of SPC experience that you have.   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Senior Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clovis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Benchmark Electronics (Clovis, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

excellent support, ever knowledgeable staff, pleasant and motivating, Make you relax and they help to answer the questions correctly..share similar experiences and very open to new ideas
    Talked about the company in great detail and generates interest in the company

Interview Questions

• Something you are proud off   1 Answer

Receiving Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Benchmark Electronics.

Interview

Was contacted via email to setup an onsite interview. Went in for the interview and was given an offer the next day. I had to complete a drug test before I started working, and had a background check ran on me.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral, they are basically trying gauge your integrity.   Answer Question