Bending Spoons Interview Questions in Milan | Glassdoor

Interviews at Bending Spoons

3.6

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bending Spoons (Milan (Italy)) in February 2020.

Interview

test at home. almost 10 hours of testing. the tests are not very challenging but all the process is very time consuming. however the tests are fun. I would recommend to apply for the job. After the tests if you passed them you will have some interviews in loco, which I believe are harder than the tests. Overall I was happy of how I solved the tests but evidently that was not enough. The acceptance rate is only 1% and is one of the most selective company in Italy and probably in the world.

Interview Questions

• indovinello su come distribuire 10 caramelle tra 5 partecipanti secondo certe regole.   Answer Question

Senior Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bending Spoons (Milan (Italy)) in January 2020.

Interview

I was applying to a senior position, but anyway I got an initial sample coding task to do instead of a technical interview as first. There was an obsolete codding task (having nothing mutual with Android) with some algorithmic knowledge needed, divided into several subtasks. However, the task seemed interesting to me from the algorithmic side, so I decided to do it. There was no possibility to do in Kotlin (my main coding language), so I decided to write it in Java.

It took me about 8 hours combining it with the main work, but in the end, I got an automatically generated message saying that I did not pass. It is understandable, but when I asked for some review of my work, they said, that my solution failed on some automatic tests testing text input format.

So, they didn't evaluate any professional abilities (as architectural or algorithmic) just because of a check of text format failed.

Very unprofessional.

Don't recommend it.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bending Spoons (Milan (Italy)).

Interview

I was interested in the position, and after reading all the positive reviews for this company I decided to apply for a role that I seemed suited for. After a cold, copy pasted message from a recruiter, I foolishly and enthusiastically accepted to do their tests. The first was a 'logic' test of about 30 minutes. After that there was a coding challenge. This was the longest challenge I have done for any company, and had nothing to do with the role I was applying to. After more than one week of working in my free time on these long and boring tasks, I was turned down with exactly 7 words (and a huge copy pasta message) pointing to a single line oversight in a 500 line project. Dismissing the challenge and the entire application based on this is a joke. I hope other people, unlike me, will have the self respect and foresight to not waste their time with a company that:
    1. Treats them like a number
    2. Does not include a phone number of the recruiter in their official emails
    3. Does nothing to contact or get to know the candidate personally
    4. After all this, asks a candidate to invest a significant amount of time into their 'screening' challenge, where they will be discarded like a number, without any possibility to show their worth

Interview Questions

• Backend for an application with 5 long features (not challenging, not interesting, not pertinent to the role)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bending Spoons (Milan (Italy)).

Interview

The hiring process was long and contained multiple stages of exercises. Instead of offering interesting problems, they put as a recurring topic of how to determine the optimal revenue of an app given some metrics. At one point they broke off the hiting process without any explanation. The interviews felt very improvised with all three interviewers I talked with.

Product Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bending Spoons (Milan (Italy)) in September 2019.

Interview

Same experience as other guys reported. They ask you to complete a set of problems requiring about 7/8 hours and, if you pass it, they ask you to complete another set of problems requiring additional 8 hours. Meanwhile, they do not spend a dime to tell you about the whole recruiting process, they do not present you the company nor the role and the salary they have in mind and so on.
    You then need to spend about 16 hours of your time while their effort is only about sending precompiled emails. They never call you to know you better nor they provide you feedback.
    They just keep pretending to be the cool company they are not.

So, if you don't pass the last set of problems they do not provide you a feedback. They send you another precompiled email disclosing their real nature. This is the last thing they write you after reviewing your last set of problems:
    "Regarding disclosing our detailed evaluation, we decided never to do it, so please don’t ask. You can safely assume other applicants provided solutions that are either more complete, insightful, creative, or structured."

So, the tests are medium-easy. They only require a lot of time. So, it is not clear what you could do better and why you do not fit. You just end up with a very unhuman process proposed by yuong people that probably are looking for candidates with low salary expectations.

Interview Questions

• 2 sets of problems (if you pass the first one. Below how I approached the First set of problems (one question is missing because I do not remember it):   2 Answers
    • The second set of problems:   1 Answer
    • The second set of problems:   1 Answer

Content Creator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bending Spoons (Milan (Italy)) in September 2019.

Interview

A series of questions organized in a 3 times interview.
    Each one of them was about a different aspect of the job: the first one was about create questions for one of their app, the second one was centered on your behavioural aspects and the third one was a totally unrelated series of question about ux case studies.

Junior 3D Game Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bending Spoons (Milan (Italy)) in August 2019.

Interview

I've lost my time and my confidence while I was going trough this experience.
    I applied online and was waiting 2 weeks before I received a mail that I passed first step. The second step (after one week) was the analytic test about yoga video...wtf...it's not focused on the position at all! Then after one week I received a mail from HR that my portfolio is good but I failed the test about yoga app video. I was thinking that I'm not enough professional as a 3d artist till I've red the comments from other candidates here. I'm so disappointed about bending spoons and I took so much time for nothing

Interview Questions

• Standart questions about my experience and 4 video about their yoga app which I needed to analyze   Answer Question

Game Artist Interview

Application

Interview

There are 4 problems to do , but this is not a test for Game artist it's only a market survey , they take your ideas for improve or create new app. Don't do the test because it feels that they just want some free ideas to improve the paywall flows of their apps.
    This is a company made by rich guys for others radical chic rich people. Take a look to their social profile and website before to apply , so you can have an idea.

I accepted all the interview steps, facing all the challenges For a total of about 35 hours with no paid. Find different companies with real professionals

Interview Questions

• first two questions and the fourth was about market survey and how to improve their apps and then the third question was a art test of 14 days for develop a 3d model, probably it will be used in their app   2 Answers

Mobile Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bending Spoons (Milan (Italy)).

Interview

Some standarized test nonsense, some logical problems, a coding challenge, and a interview.

Took too long to get back. Got left in the dark.

Feedback was vague and the tests felt too ridiculous. People are more than just a stupid standarized test. Maybe try getting to know them better. The whole thing felt pretentious.

Interview Questions

• One question I think I can share is "What was your worst project"   1 Answer

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bending Spoons (Milan (Italy)) in June 2019.

Interview

The recruiter got in touch with me in March and I finally go the job offer at the end of July. The process was very long and consisted of 8 steps, some of them quite challenging. I think the thorough process - besides selecting the best candidates - is also used to discourage people who are not committed enough.
    There were two skill tests, they both lasted 5 hours.
    Most of the selection process took place from remote.
    There were 3 interviews with 5 different people: recruiters, leads and co-founders.

Interview Questions

• During the interviews they were mostly focused on my character, my general and specific behaviour in different situations, my passions. They wanted to know if I could be a good match for the excellent level of the company.   1 Answer