Bending Spoons UI Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bending Spoons UI Designer Interview Questions

Interviews at Bending Spoons

2.0

UI Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bending Spoons in December 2018.

Interview

They contacted me through dribbble and basically sent to me 2 problems to solve (you will need 5h or more time to finish them).

I didn't do the test because it feels that they just want some free ideas to improve the paywall flows of their apps. I do agree with some kind of tests to prove our abilities as designers but not without a previous talk about the company or myself to understand if the both parts are on the same page.

They basically send the same email to a lot of different designers and get free consulting from them. Well done guys :)

Interview Questions

Bending Spoons Response

Dec 27, 2018

Hi there! Thank you so much for your feedback, we always care for our candidates' opinion and thank you for the time you invested in writing to us.

We created our problems to give our candidates an opportunity to show their skills in a setting as close as possible to the actual job. It's not the best solution for each and every kind of work style, but we did our best to create a process that's engaging but informative (on both sides!). We're sorry you weren't satisfied with the process, but would love to hear back from you with information about processes you considered interesting.

Have a great day!

Other Interview Reviews for Bending Spoons

UI Designer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bending Spoons in February 2018.

Interview

Some points summarizing the review:

1- I didn't apply for the offer directly, they found me and reached me via Dribbble and asked me to apply.
    2- They asked me to do some UI designs for some apps that took me about 8 hours to complete.
    3- They rejected my application without giving me a reason about why/where I failed and requested me not to ask for feedback as they had nothing to tell me, they also sent me that last email from a 'no-reply' account.

What is my feeling about this company:

It seems they have a kind of a weird interview process, they ask too much and they give nothing in return. They must rethink about how they treat people that are spending 10 hours (including test questions) of their life in their process.

Long review:

I considered applying for the job offer UI designer as I was approached by one of the recruiters at Bending Spoons, I wasn’t in the search for a job but I thought it was a good company by looking at their website (very much focused on acquiring talent instead of customers) therefore, I saw it as an opportunity, so why not give it a chance.
    I went ahead and sent my CV, portfolio and cover letter as they requested in order to start a formal application, they got back to me very quickly and asked me to complete 3 tasks, the first one took 5 hours to complete 2 different sets of designs and 4 screens, the second took 3 hours for just one design and 2 screens, the third took 2 hours and it was a test. This means I spent 10 hours in total.
    One week after submitting the exercises they came back to me with a negative answer, I wasn’t successful, they said there was other applicants that performed better (fair enough). The really bad thing is that they asked me NOT to ask for personal feedback plus they sent that email from a “no-reply” email account, which I find very unpolite as I did spent many hours doing the exercises for a job offer that I was asked to apply, so I assumed they did their background check and actually liked my work.
    After my experience I believe that this company do a massive talent search with a nearly automated system and ask people to complete the exercises prior to do a personal interview. So my recommendation is if you are in a similar situation and want to apply for the job, ask them first what they like about your work or even better why they think you are a potential candidate.

Interview Questions

• Asked to complete a 5 hour design task for 2 different APPS and 2 screens for each   Answer Question

Bending Spoons Response

Mar 11, 2018 – People Operations

Hi there! This is Bending Spoons, and we are sorry you felt this way about our recruiting process. We really try hard to build a process that is engaging to our candidates, and we are mortified you felt your time and effort wasn't appreciated.
    Every vacancy we open is blessed by hundreds of amazing candidates, and we try to give each of them the best possible experience no matter the outcome. Feedback like yours will help us continuously improve our process and approach, so thank you for speaking out.
    For more information regarding your rejection, please get in touch with your recruiter, they'll surely be glad to help however they can.