BeneFit Cosmetics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BeneFit Cosmetics Interview Questions

Updated Nov 21, 2017

2.9

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BeneFit Cosmetics.

Interview

I received a phone interview with the hiring manager within a week after I applied on the company website. About 30 minutes talk about experience and position. And I just got an onsite interview request today. The process has been pretty quick and smooth. Specific experience will be updated after I complete the interview. :)

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BeneFit Cosmetics.

Interview

Phone screen followed by in-person interviewing. Benefit has a reputation for having a tough culture and I wanted to see if that was the case. There was definitely an interesting tone to the interview where they weren't paying attention and trying to see things from a negative viewpoint. I didn't get any sense they had any real interest and wondered why I was being interviewed if that was the case.

Brand Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BeneFit Cosmetics (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and heard shortly after from an HR recruiter asking to set up a phone interview. After that, I came in to meet the team-everybody but one person was in the office. So after taking 3 hours off work in the middle of the day, I had to then slip away from work the following week to meet with one person for 15 minutes...? Not the most efficient way to go about things if you ask me.

The one thing that I thought was very interesting was how judgmental some of the women were. I've worked in an office with primarily women before, and it was never catty or anything, but when I asked what some of the challenges were of working there, they ALL said something along the lines of how difficult it was to work with mostly women and "conflicting personalities". When the last person I interviewed with gave me that same answer, I ended up withdrawing my application. To this day, I haven't received a response.

Not the most professional experience I've ever had to say the least.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your resume and how does your experience relate to this job description?   Answer Question

Corporate Interview

Application

Interview

Had a phone interview in the middle of the week. Got asked what my schedule looked like for the following week and got offered to come in for an interview. The phone interview was off putting when they asked me how much I made currently and how much I was looking for --reading from other reviews I did not agree with this practice

After the in person interview with 2 others, they let me know that they had other candidates to interview which left me to believe I wouldn't get the offer.

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BeneFit Cosmetics (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

This was one of the worst phone screens in my job search so far. For a phone screen, asking "How much do you currently make?" and "how much are you looking to get paid?" was tacky. It feels like the company's priority is to hire employees with the lowest wages instead of company culture, skill, reliability, etc. especially at this early of a stage of the interview process. Considering this was a contract position (i.e. no benefits, hourly, no job security), it was very surprising for the third question to be about pay. This interview made the company look cheap.

Purchasing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BeneFit Cosmetics (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a nice interview process-- swift. On the phone first then they bring you in for an in person interview and test. You go through all the necessary people in one go which is good so you don't have to go back and forth.

Makeup Artist/Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BeneFit Cosmetics (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

So one Sunday night I applied simply for a "beauty advisor" position for Macy's. It said ft or pt and it would be a permanent position not seasonal even though it's November now. I got an invitation to schedule an interview meeting. That was Monday morning. I chose a date and time for Wednesday so I had some time to prepare. I arrive 30 mins early to Macy's. I check in and I get called by one girl. She asked me which 3 brands would I like to work for, why Macy's, how would I get someone to open a new Macy's credit card. The trick they play on you is they don't even tell you what brand they're representing! I didn't even mention Benefit Cosmetics in my top 3 faves! They confirm your availability. She liked me and said go back to the waiting room to meet her partner. Some girls got sent home! I waited 30-45 mins for her partner from the brand. She THEN told me they represent benefit. It was a reiteration of the same questions from her previous partner. She then asked me to come back Friday to meet with the regional account manager! I come in Friday. 17 minutes late by the way because of public transportation. I go upstairs. The RAM was intimidating. She asked for a copy of my resume. So do bring a copy or two if you can! She just asked me why benefit, and they focus a lot on sales. So let them know about your sales experience and if you don't have any, show enthusiasm about that and competitiveness. She asked why should they choose me. Why makeup. Why transition from an office life to makeup. And if you're comfortable applying makeup on people. I freelance so I said I don't mind at all. She said ok go back downstairs and excuse them and they'll meet me by the counter. They come back down in about less than 10 mins and offered me the job! I start Macy's training tomorrow for two days then with them! If you're not a positive minded people person this job is not for you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It wasn't bad. They'll ask you what you're asking for. They matched me

Aesthetician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BeneFit Cosmetics.

Interview

I RECEIVED A PHONE CALL TO INTERVIEW WITH THE LEAD and Manger. After that went great, I was scheduled for a demo of my waxing brows. Then about 4-5 days later I was called and offered the job contingent that I pass the background check. Which takes like over a week. About a 3 week process

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite benefit product?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BeneFit Cosmetics (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied thru the website; heard back soon after from the hiring manager. One phone call, one interview in person at the offices. They follow up quickly because they usually are trying to fill positions as fast as they can!

Interview Questions

• Will you walk me through your resume? Why Benefit? What excites you about this position? How do you manage your time?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BeneFit Cosmetics (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by two Art department managers who have been working there for a long time. They were both very approachable, clarified the job responsibilities for me and answered my questions about the company culture. It was a brief 20 minute interview and I received a prompt response to my thank you email. It was a welcoming experience overall.

Interview Questions

• What kind of design do I want to do in the future   1 Answer