Benjamin Moore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Benjamin Moore

2.5

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Benjamin Moore (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

I thought it was reasonable and fair. I had already come pre-screened by the recruiter. I met with the person I would be technically reporting to and the person who would be supervising my work. They both took pains to make me feel comfortable which made the interview go easier. This gave both sides the opportunity to get the information they really needed.

Interview Questions

• If you had to pick one thing, what would you say is your most valuable and developed skill relevant to this position?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Benjamin Moore (Montvale, NJ) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview was with Hiring Manager right away. There was not the typical interview with HR that larger organizations have. The comments about the turnover in the organization posted by others and the multiple CEO changes were confirmed in the interview.

The role was interesting and there seems to be some opportunity.

Some research about the organization led me to believe that there is a lot of young blood there. As someone who is young as well, this seemed promising. Although after my interview and more analysis of the situation, I don't feel that that would be a fit.

Regional EHS Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Benjamin Moore (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Another phantom job. first call was phone screen with corporate recruiter. second call with hiring manager was very positive interview the hiring manager asked me when I can start. and then was ghosted by this company didn't hear any feed back after.

Production Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Benjamin Moore (Montvale, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

Was first interviewed by who would be my direct manager, then interviewed with the creative director. Both interviews had me extremely excited to join the team because of how passionate they were about my work. I knew if I joined the team my work would be valued.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable I was working on assets in foreign languages (translators provided).   1 Answer

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Benjamin Moore (Montvale, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Met with four different people- two senior level, one middle management, and one coordinator. Very casual setting as the interview was pretty laid back. I had over prepared myself with research on the company and role, but the interviewers didn't ask challenging questions. Seems like a chill place to work.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your current role responsibilities.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to leave your employer?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Benjamin Moore in January 2015.

Interview

My interview was rescheduled several times. When I was finally seen, the hiring manager had a member of her team that had been there for a week interview me because she was busy. She couldn't tell me anything about the company or my potential boss.

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Benjamin Moore (Montvale, NJ).

Interview

MANY rounds of short meetings that didn't get to the heart of the role or day-to-day. It was easy to get through, but not really a good way for either side to see if it would be a fit.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. All discussions were totally conversational.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were not very friendly or open to negotiation. Promises made by HR in the negotiation (but not put explicitly in writing) were NOT UPHELD.

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carol Stream, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Benjamin Moore (Carol Stream, IL).

Interview

Very detailed - There was a very good phone interview where I was able to ask questions about the job. Very good interview with two people that applied to all aspects of the job and my history.

Negotiation

They offered, I excepted. No real negotiation.

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gary, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Benjamin Moore (Gary, IN) in April 2014.

Interview

It was smooth and a comfortable move. Human Resources internally, outside recruiter support, hiring manager, and market director were all professional and very knowledgeable about the job at hand.

Interview Questions

• Who was your best sales manager?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was very easy.

Data Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Benjamin Moore (Montvale, NJ) in December 2010.

Interview

Sat with several different employees and managers to answer questions.