Benjamin Moore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Benjamin Moore

2.5

Demand Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Interview

Step 1: A Phone interview was scheduled
    Step 2: An In-person interview is the last step in the hiring process
    Both the interviews were technical. No interview with HR. The work culture seems nice

Interview Questions

• Explain how would you go about the forecasting process for XYZ products.   Answer Question

Procurement Interview

Interview

Easy & quick. emailed me and called me the second day for a phone interview. Called on time and had a conversation. Not has I expected, I was a little nervous but it wet smooth

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Benjamin Moore (Newark, NJ) in September 2010.

Interview

Began with multiple phone interviews - HR generalist and National Manager. Both were brief, and focused on generalities of employment history. Then two on site interviews with Plant Manager and National Manager - both took a little over one hour and was a basic STAR style interview. Plant tour allowed for some interaction with plant employees - who seemed to be invested in both their job and the company. As the position was new-ish (an extension of an existing job), the role was not completely defined yet.
    The fact that multiple sources (including a throw-away comment at the interview) mention free lunch as an amazing perk raises concerns about professionalism and the incentive structure within the company.

Interview Questions

• If told that another production facility was unable to make their quota, and therefore you had to make extra production, how would you respond?   1 Answer

BDO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Benjamin Moore (New York, NY).

Interview

Favorite previous job, how do I like to spend my free time, what are my interests hobbies, how do I overcome objections.... Do you have any previous experience selling paint? Would you consider relocating?

Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Benjamin Moore (Montvale, NJ) in March 2009.

Interview

Hiring process was slow. Started off with phone interview, followed by interview at headquarters with about seven people. The company sat me in a room and then I had three rounds of interviews with 2 people at time. The last interview was with the hiring manager who spent some more time with me than the previous rounds. After this I waited two months to get an offer. Background and drug tests required.

Interview Questions

• Outside of work and the business skills you possess, what defines you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The company did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Benjamin Moore (Montvale, NJ) in May 2011.

Interview

Quick call back, good conversation and open about the company. questions were routine. Met with Vice President, Senior Vice President and two senior marketing managers. Everyone was every nice and asked engaging questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no room to negotiation on salary

Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Benjamin Moore (Montvale, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone screen with HR then a second phone interview with Hiring Manager, then two separate face to face interviews. One with VP then the second with other Managers that I would be supporting. Overall a 3 month process

Region Credit Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carol Stream, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Benjamin Moore (Carol Stream, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

All credit positions are go through several steps. The HR phone and in person interviews are required. The Sales Management team does an interview and is part of the process. The headquarter staff has input and may require a trip to the New Jersey headquarters

Interview Questions

• A lot of focus in place on customer service and interaction with the sales force   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little opportunity to counter-propose. A written offer is made, base on conversation before the final ofer. Once in writing - cannot be changed.

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Benjamin Moore.

Interview

I was originally brought on through the temp agency. I worked for the temp agency almost a year before getting hired on. Best decision I made to hang in there.

Color Technology Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flanders, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Benjamin Moore (Flanders, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by 6 technical managers. Started on time and ended on time. Travelled 250 miles round trip for the interview. No travel expense reimbursement. No lunch. No coffee. No water. No one appeared to be happy. Did not talk to other employees. Not a pleasant place to work. Got a response first thing next day.

Interview Questions

• Give me a reason not to hire you.   1 Answer