Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group) Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

Ad Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group) (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

Interview was taken by the senior management and followed by the Top management. Initial screening with be done by the middle level management and then followed by the senior level management.

Interview Questions

• On current affairs, about media industry, family backgrouond. Why you are interested to join the company.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group).

Interview

It was a Conversation Based interview. More of a discussion at various levels. They want to know more about you as a person. What sort of experience you have and what is it that you want to do in future, why do you want a change in your career.. Clarity of thought is big here.

Reporter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group).

Interview

It was a campus hire process.There was a detailed writing test on grammar and general knowledge.A also involved questions on how to gather information in an imaginary situation. It was not tough, but time management was crucial.

Interview Questions

• Interview centred around details from the CV.on academic projects .   Answer Question

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group) (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

The process of getting selected is long. It took more than a month and all the documents from 10th till masters were asked. Basic questions were asked. The intention of the interview you is to see what kind of person you are rather than what skills you posses

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NO NEGOTIATION WAS ALLOWED

Brand Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group) (Kolkata (India)).

Interview

Interviewed on various fundamental aspects of marketing, and branding.
    Was asked to give an instant branding solution for a specific instance.
    Interviewed mainly on the creative solutions i suggested and further followup questions.

DGM Network Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group) (Kolkata (India)).

Interview

Interview process is one of best in any standard. Transparent. Organizational objective is to take the best possible skill sets that fits into the position. There are three to four layers of interview process. It is quiet a brain storming session not only from the context of skills but also over all for any persons. its about all round ability.

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group) (Kolkata (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

Very clear and swift
    Quick questions
    Self review
    Asked about needs from the company
    Had three rounds of interview
    Flexible with the employees with the dates of the interview
    Considerate with application
    First round of interview with HR
    After getting selected, second round with the head of a vertcal and final round with the head of The Times of India.
    Post this, medical rounds.

Interview Questions

• Job Ex details
      Expertise
      Situational Questions
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation phase is good enough
    HR is considerate

DCM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group) (Kolkata (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

Extremely detailed one to one process wherein primary discussion was about changing market dynamics and knowledge about the market. Special emphasis on how to adapt that knowledge to new job portfolio and process. More emphasis on in job training and learning and team work

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group) (New Delhi (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

Interview process was interesting, but a very long one. Lasted for more than 1.5 months. Varied questions were asked on prior experience, learning, growth plans etc. There were thorough medical check ups and background verifications, as part of the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• How would you cope in an organization that is in the media industry, very dynamic and diverse?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group).

Interview

8 rounds spread over 4 months. they take a long time to decide because of their bureaucratic ways of functioning. each dept head wants to have a say in selection even if you are not joining that dept and all this only for internal ego management of the seniors who like to be treated like God.

Interview Questions

• very basic questions, what have to done in the past, tell us about yourself, your strength and weakness, too simple to crack   1 Answer