Bentek Energy Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bentek Energy Consulting

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bentek Energy Consulting (Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Actually applied for an Energy Analyst position but after talking to the recruiter, they had me interview for a quantitative analyst position based on my programming experience. Had a phone interview set up to speak with two people. The interview lasted 30 minutes and mostly went over my background and experience. A week later, I had another phone interview set up with two different people. Same length and overall structure. A couple weeks later I was contacted to come in for an in-person interview. The in-person was 5 one-on-one interviews with 5 people for about 30 minutes each. It was pretty obvious that little to no prior research or collaboration between the interviewers had been done. I had to go over my responsibilities at my job at the time 5 different times and a lot of the questions seemed to be just made up on the fly. A couple people did ask some more technical questions. A couple weeks went by and I was contacted by someone in the compliance and risk management department to go over their COI policies and to see if I had any potential conflicts of interest that would need to be addressed. A week later I had another interview with a manager in the other department I was interviewing for. Same type of interview as the others just going over my experience. I was told that they would meet and discuss the candidates and get back to me. After a couple weeks, I emailed the recruiter I had been in contact with and she said the team was out of town and the following week they would conduct a final round of interviews and then make their decision. By this time the entire process had lasted about three and a half months. I ended up accepting another position before they made a final decision. The people I interview with seemed to be nice and personable. My only issue was with how slow the process was. They didn't seem interested in filling the position in any sort of timeline. This seemed to match up with other interview processes I've read. Something to keep in mind if you're hoping to find a position quickly.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were just over my previous experience and how it could relate to the position in question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bentek Energy Consulting (Denver, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Easy interview. Lots of behavioral questions and minimal amount of technical questions. They really just try to see if you are a good fit. One phone interview, and one on site interview with multiple people from the company.

Interview Questions

• Are you a leader or a follower?   1 Answer

Energy Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview that basically went over my resume and past relevant experience. Some difficult questions about experience so be ready to go into specific details about everything on your resume. Asked specific questions about experience giving presentations and wanted to know specific details about my experience doing statistical analysis. Currently I am waiting to hear back about the phone inteview.

Associate Interview

Interview

Contacted a few weeks after applying through their web site. Had multiple multi-person phone interviews before going into their office. All day interview, met all levels of management, had a professional lunch. Beautiful campus, great amenities, people seemed friendly. Process was very chaotic, though. Many people did not have any background information (resume, position being interviewed for, etc) before the interview, or seemed unsure of how to conduct interview.

Senior BI Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bentek Energy Consulting in October 2012.

Interview

It was to be four 30 minute interview sessions with 2 individuals in each session. I initially met the 2 managers of the group and I asked them a number of questions related to a) how are resource allocations determined? "We do it". B) How are strategic decisions made? "We have an exective team make strategic decisions".

I was interviewing for Senior BI position, but quickly learned that a majority of my job would be focused on writing scripts and pulling data from documents, web pages, etc.

This place is clearly a classical top down decision making company with likely very little opportunity for advancement.

I ended the interview after the 1st interview. This place was definitely not for me.

Energy Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bentek Energy Consulting in August 2010.

Interview

Sent resume and cover letter in online and got a standard phone interview. Lasted about 30 minutes and concluded with me sending in some writing samples. After about a week was asked to interview in person which required me to fly out to their location. The interview was scheduled about a month out. The in person interview was about 3 hours and I met with about 10 different people some 1:1 some in groups. Most were pretty standard except for one guy who gave me an excel skills test and asked me more consultant style case questions. I was warned that their hiring process took a long time but had no idea. I would call in for updates about every other week and was told they were still making a decision but no new information ever. After about two months of this I called and told them I really needed to know because other opportunities were knocking. They then offered to fly me out again in two weeks which I agreed to but then eventually had to decline the second interview because it was just taking to long and other things couldn't wait.

Energy Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bentek Energy Consulting in October 2008.

Interview

Three in-office interviews in front of 7-10 employees each time.

Interview Questions

• There were no scripted questions. Each interviewer was unique, and asked questions, answered questions, and generally described their job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I chose not to negotiate.