Berkeley Research Group Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Berkeley Research Group Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school's on campus recruiting site. I found out I had been offered an interview a week later, and the interview was a week after that. The interview took place at my college and was only scheduled for 30 minutes. I was told it would be a behavioral interview, but it was really just a run down of my resume. The interviewer barely asked any questions, and asked if I had any questions after just 15 minutes. I'm not sure if I said something she didn't like, or if she already decided on a different candidate, because I don't feel I was able to really sell myself in response to her questions. I was told 2 days later I was not invited to the second round. I really liked the interviewer and the company, but am disappointed in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Q: What did you do at x position?
    Q: What is your experience with statistical analysis software?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Berkeley Research Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted my résumé at a career fair, and received an email from an associate 2 weeks later requesting to set up a phone-screen/ behavioral-interview with a managing partner.

The interview seemed alright, but the managing partner never got back to me. I assumed I'd done poorly and hadn't moved on with the process, so I accepted that and moved on. Almost 3 weeks later, I got a somewhat scattered email from the same associate saying they really liked me, and wanted to set up further interviews after the holidays. I waited 2 weeks before receiving an email stating that, while they had really liked me, they had more offer acceptances than expected, so would be unable to continue with the interview process.

I, of course, understand that these things do happen, and have no hard feelings against this particular associate. However, I feel that the hiring process was terribly disorganized, and would have appreciated being kept in the loop from the start. If I'd been rejected straight away for the same reason, that would have been fine; I am frustrated by the fact that they told me to plan for more interviews and then retracted their statement after a great deal of time had elapsed.

BRG—please stay on top of communicating with candidates within a more reasonable time-frame. I'm sure we'd all appreciate it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your labor economics paper.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group in May 2016.

Interview

The managing directors were extremely nice, 2 Phone interviews and an onsite interview where I went to lunch and also met with a few of the office staff. Everyone was really really nice.

Interview Questions

• What would be your dream job?
      Knowing knowledge of SQL
      1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group.

Interview

I had two interviews. They were very friendly and it was very relaxed (of course this is specific to the people interviewing you). I don't remember the specific questions that were asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (Charlottesville, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through campus site. I heard back within a week that I had been selected for an "on grounds interview." It was a behavioral interview//a basic resume walk through. I met two separate interviewers for 30mins each. I talked about the highlights of my resume and personality questions. They each threw in "brain teaser" questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite class and why? If you had to estimate all the trees in xyz city how would you do it? If you had to calculate all the students from Michigan at xyz college how would you do it? A client gives you a list of 100,000 words and asks you to find all the palindromes how would you do it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (Charlottesville, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was an on-site campus interview. It was a 1-hour long behavioral interview, 30 minutes each with 2 different employees. The questions were typical behavioral questions, with a technical conceptual thrown in there that wasn't too difficult. The technical question was just a scenario to see your potential approach to a problem.

Interview Questions

• Why Berkeley Research Group? Why economic litigation? What's the most interesting thing about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting, it was just a basic resume and cover letter drop off. The first interview was a 30 min behavioral interview. The interview was very casual, no trick questions. Overall, it was a pleasant experience. The interviewer was very nice and started off with a friendly/relatable conversation to easy into the questioning/answering portion of the session.

Interview Questions

• What has been your favorite class? What has been your worst class? Describe a time that you had to work with a difficult team member. What is your experience with statistical programs?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Sent a resume through an on campus job posting. Several weeks later, received an email requesting an initial phone screening. Had the 30 minute phone screening and was offered an on-site interview on the phone call. Several days later, was flown to the office to have 6 in-person interviews and lunch. Was contacted the next day to hear the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that is not on your resume that we should know about you?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group in October 2015.

Interview

First interview was a 30-minute long behavioral interview on campus. It wasn't complicated -- all around it was more of a conversation than an interview. While it was a good conversation, I was turned off by the expert model and the work hours and chose to decline a second round interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school's career site. The first interview was on campus and the second was at their Dallas office. The interview was behavioral and also tailored to your resume. It was very relaxing and conversational. The second part of the interview was more about the knowledge of the job and specific skills needed

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had to work in a team and one of your team members were not doing their part   Answer Question