Berkeley Research Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 6, 2017

2.7

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hunt Valley, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (Hunt Valley, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was not like others I've experienced. I felt they weren't as prepared with pertinent interview questions & scattered with dialog. If you asked them the salary range for the position they acted like they had no idea & HR only knew. I sensed they were very guarded with their interview process & vibe was very very off in the office. They also describe the role as more in the marketing/design department which didn't match the job description at all.

Interview Questions

• If you were hiring a Executive Assistant, in general, what would you be looking for in a candidate?   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I met with a lady at our career fair and talked about the opportunity. I dropped my resume and then applied online. About a week later, I got an email asking to set up interview on campus. I interviewed for about 30 minutes on campus. Lady was very monotonous and did not seem like she wanted to be there. Not very conversational. Rapid Fire questions and then follow up questions to my responses. I did not enjoy my interview experience despite being asked to come to their office for a follow up interview.

I could not make the follow up interview date they requested because I had another interview and they were not flexible or interested in scheduling another day. They told me on Thursday they wanted me to come in the following Monday morning. Almost no time to prepare my schedule. I couldn't go so they concluded their interest in me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your research experience.   Answer Question
    • How do you approach monotonous work?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Berkeley Research group?   Answer Question
    • Tell me very specifically what you did at your previous internship that applies to research or analytical skills.   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

There are two rounds to this process. First round is an on-campus interview which is a 2:1 resume discussion and then Q/A with the interviewers. I received mostly behavioral questions but also be prepared to answer some finance questions related to cash-flows or financial statements. The second round is the super day where you have four half-hour interviews. No casing or technical questions as the firm seems to value culture fit above all else. This position is explicitly for juniors.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The interview process consisted of two back to back behavior interviews. The interviewers were very nice and friendly. The questions were almost all behavioral, with many pertaining to past experiences. There were no riddles or problems presented.

Global Applied Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Submitted a resume at a Career Fair. Did not follow the typical interview process. I first talked to a Managing Partner for a behavioral interview. I then had two other interviews with two separate employees and two weeks later I received an offer for the position. All of the interviews were over the phone. Most of the questions were regarding previous employment. Although they did probe my brain for analytical skills and thought processes, they also enjoyed getting to know me. Cliché advice: be yourself and be excited for the position you are interviewing for...they really liked seeing the passion I had for the role.

Interview Questions

• Explain "X" on your resume... how did you do it, what would you do differently?
      How did you measure success?
      Answer Question

Global Applied Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group in November 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews, and then there was a 2.5 hr remote technical exam on SQL programming and web scraping etc. Exam was done on a ec2 remote desktop. Expect some lag on connection.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted my résumé at a career fair, and received an email from an associate 2 weeks later requesting to set up a phone-screen/ behavioral-interview with a managing partner.

The interview seemed alright, but the managing partner never got back to me. I assumed I'd done poorly and hadn't moved on with the process, so I accepted that and moved on. Almost 3 weeks later, I got a somewhat scattered email from the same associate saying they really liked me, and wanted to set up further interviews after the holidays. I waited 2 weeks before receiving an email stating that, while they had really liked me, they had more offer acceptances than expected, so would be unable to continue with the interview process.

I, of course, understand that these things do happen, and have no hard feelings against this particular associate. However, I feel that the hiring process was terribly disorganized, and would have appreciated being kept in the loop from the start. If I'd been rejected straight away for the same reason, that would have been fine; I am frustrated by the fact that they told me to plan for more interviews and then retracted their statement after a great deal of time had elapsed.

BRG—please stay on top of communicating with candidates within a more reasonable time-frame. I'm sure we'd all appreciate it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your labor economics paper.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school's on campus recruiting site. I found out I had been offered an interview a week later, and the interview was a week after that. The interview took place at my college and was only scheduled for 30 minutes. I was told it would be a behavioral interview, but it was really just a run down of my resume. The interviewer barely asked any questions, and asked if I had any questions after just 15 minutes. I'm not sure if I said something she didn't like, or if she already decided on a different candidate, because I don't feel I was able to really sell myself in response to her questions. I was told 2 days later I was not invited to the second round. I really liked the interviewer and the company, but am disappointed in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Q: What did you do at x position?
      Q: What is your experience with statistical analysis software?
      Answer Question

Corp Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

30 min phone interview
    2 hour in person interview
    Maybe they watched law and order too much as the bad cop took it a bit too far.
    Dont lecture me for 30 mins then try to apologize afterwards.

I didnt have to get out of the building before I knew that I didnt want to work here.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group in May 2016.

Interview

The managing directors were extremely nice, 2 Phone interviews and an onsite interview where I went to lunch and also met with a few of the office staff. Everyone was really really nice.

Interview Questions

• What would be your dream job?
      Knowing knowledge of SQL