Berkeley Research Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Berkeley Research Group Interview Questions

Updated Oct 31, 2018

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (Charlottesville, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through campus site. I heard back within a week that I had been selected for an "on grounds interview." It was a behavioral interview//a basic resume walk through. I met two separate interviewers for 30mins each. I talked about the highlights of my resume and personality questions. They each threw in "brain teaser" questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite class and why? If you had to estimate all the trees in xyz city how would you do it? If you had to calculate all the students from Michigan at xyz college how would you do it? A client gives you a list of 100,000 words and asks you to find all the palindromes how would you do it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (Charlottesville, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was an on-site campus interview. It was a 1-hour long behavioral interview, 30 minutes each with 2 different employees. The questions were typical behavioral questions, with a technical conceptual thrown in there that wasn't too difficult. The technical question was just a scenario to see your potential approach to a problem.

Interview Questions

• Why Berkeley Research Group? Why economic litigation? What's the most interesting thing about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (Emeryville, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

It was one onsite interview with 3 people. I talked to one associate, then a senior associate, and then a director. There was one case question and it was pretty straight forward if you are familiar with finance and accounting concepts. I think that all in all, it was a pretty average interview process. I also talked to a recruiter this process started.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school's career site. The first interview was on campus and the second was at their Dallas office. The interview was behavioral and also tailored to your resume. It was very relaxing and conversational. The second part of the interview was more about the knowledge of the job and specific skills needed

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had to work in a team and one of your team members were not doing their part   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group in October 2015.

Interview

First interview was a 30-minute long behavioral interview on campus. It wasn't complicated -- all around it was more of a conversation than an interview. While it was a good conversation, I was turned off by the expert model and the work hours and chose to decline a second round interview.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Sent a resume through an on campus job posting. Several weeks later, received an email requesting an initial phone screening. Had the 30 minute phone screening and was offered an on-site interview on the phone call. Several days later, was flown to the office to have 6 in-person interviews and lunch. Was contacted the next day to hear the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that is not on your resume that we should know about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

First round on campus interviews, which is just your typical run down of the resume, plus a few behavioral questions--basically to see if you're interested in the company. They inform you within a few days if you made it to 2nd/final round at the office you're applying for. Final round consists of a super day in which you have several 30 min interviews with senior staff/directors and lunch with junior staff. Interviews can be either entirely conversational, behavioral or technical depending on who you're interviewing with. Almost everyone (at least at the Dallas office) seemed very academically inclined and genuinely motivated to do quality work. They have a pretty nice set up, but apparently have high turn over rate of Associates as most are expected to go to grad school or the work gets too stressful. While it is form of consulting, it's not even remotely close to conventional management consulting and there's absolutely no travel required. The associate role is more of a research analyst type position. Overall seems like a pretty neat place to work if you get satisfaction out of economic litigation.

Interview Questions

• How do you value a company? How do you do research on an Industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting, it was just a basic resume and cover letter drop off. The first interview was a 30 min behavioral interview. The interview was very casual, no trick questions. Overall, it was a pleasant experience. The interviewer was very nice and started off with a friendly/relatable conversation to easy into the questioning/answering portion of the session.

Interview Questions

• What has been your favorite class? What has been your worst class? Describe a time that you had to work with a difficult team member. What is your experience with statistical programs?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (Washington, DC) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied for the full-time associate through school's website and a week later I received a invitation for on-campus interview. The first round is behavioral interview and the interviewee is pretty nice. No tricky questions or brainteasers; they primarily want to know you better and see whether you can fit into their company. They are looking for someone has strong quantitative analytical skill and is comfortable to work in a team environment.

Interview Questions

• 1. How do you hear about BRG?
      2. What do you know about BRG?
      3. Tell me a time when you have to work under pressure or deadline.
      4. Tell me a time when you have to learn something in a large amount and in a quick manner.

Some other questions are based on your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (Washington, DC) in September 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 managers and then had a lunch interview with other associates. It was focused on understanding how diligent I was, they tried to assess how well I could work with large amounts of data and how well I could work independently. The group interview usually includes two or three associates and a senior associate and the candidate at a lunch. It's informal but seeks to assess how the candidate will fit into the work environment. It's relaxing but it is still an interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you quality check your work   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a personal/professional difficulty you had and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question