Berkeley Research Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Berkeley Research Group Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2018

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (Washington, DC) in October 2011.

Interview

After initial rapport, the interviewer purposely challenged me by asking those questions I didn't feel comfortable answering them at all throughout the entire interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us since your previous background is all in financial industry?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group.

Interview

Two interviews, 60 minutes each. Offer letter consisted mostly of legal disclosures and commitment to confidentiality rather than job requirements and expectations. Interviews were casual but professional, and were a good reflection on the company and its processes. What you see is what you get; both interviews accurately reflected the culture of BRG.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group.

Interview

Standard university interview process. Career-fair followed by an on-campus interview which consisted of behavioral questions - all of the candidates selected for this round were qualified so the interviewers seemed to be looking for individuals who would mesh well with their office. After making it through the first round of interviews, I was flown to the specific office location which I requested. I ended up talking with 5+ directors and principals, each for around 30-45 minutes. By the end of the day I was exhausted, but having the opportunity to talk with everyone helped me decide whether or not it was a good fit for me. Each interviewer asked behavioral/get-to-know-you questions, although several asked technical questions (statistical/financial based). You must be able to articulate reasons why you want the job and be able to give an in-depth description of each line on your resume.

Interview Questions

• There were several, although I can't recall specifically what they were.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unless you have another offer, there isn't much room to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

For some reason I was never contacted for an initial phone screening and was invited to interview onsite immediately. The interviews were extremely easy - I met with 5 employees ranging from Senior Associate to Principal, and spent 30 minutes with each. This was in the afternoon, so no lunch was provided.

The interview questions were extremely easy, ranging from your standard questions to more thought-provoking behavioral ones. I was expecting a case question, but was never asked one.

They were very fast and an offer was extended the next morning.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I attempted to negotiate because the pay was lower than the market rate, but they would not budge with the offer.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at the career fair and applied through my school's career services website. Had a first round interview on campus with a Senior Associate and a Consultant. They were really nice and easy to talk to. The interview was very relaxed. It was pretty much just talking about everything on my resume and my interest in the position.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group in October 2014.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview. The interviewer was very friendly and the style was more like to confirm what you have done based on your resume. Also there were several behavioral interview questions. In the end, the interviewer double-checked that if you need their sponsorship of visa or not. And you may ask the position-related questions. Overall, the experience was very nice!

Interview Questions

• (1) What's your favorite class you have taken?
      (2) What's the most challenging think you have met?
      (3) How did you meet your deadline?
      (4) How did you deal with difficult teammate?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group.

Interview

On campus interview, followed by super day in the office, toured the facilities and interviewed with 4 employees as well as lunch. Very supportive and friendly team. Seems like everyone genuinely enjoys the work they do.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online, called in for one single round interview. 4 interviews + excel case study + lunch with junior staff. Interviews were easy; have projects to talk about. For excel case if you can use filters and basic functions you will be fine; read carefully.

Interview Questions

• None were hard, think about stata & econometrics beforehand   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group in September 2013.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting and interviewed on campus. Interviewer was very nice but I felt that he decided what he thought of me within the first minute or so. Questions were typical and addressed my resume, but I felt like he was just going through the motions to say that he'd talked to me. Had a good conversation, but emerged from the interview with a gut feeling that I wasn't what they were looking for and that I wouldn't be a fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with a difficult teammate and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group.

Interview

Had the first round interview on campus. No case, just regular get-to-know you type interview questions. Second round was on site comprised of 4 one on one interviews along with lunch with two current associates. The interviews were also not case based but you need to stress your data management skills and why you think you want to work there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Why economic consulting? What has your experience been with data management? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question