Berkeley Research Group Summer Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 31, 2018

3.1

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

First round on-campus with two employees. Mostly behavioral with some basic financial accounting questions. Prior to the second round, there was a case that had to be completed and submitted via email. The second round consisted of 4, 30 minute interviews, with questions very similar to the first round. There was also a group case study.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Berkeley Research Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (Phila, PA).

Interview

I applied on my college's career portal. After sending an application there were two back to back interviews focusing mainly my previous experiences. Not many direct technical questions. Seemed to focus more on your past experiences and your personality and fit for the job.

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (Emeryville, CA).

Interview

Two interviewers, 30 mins interview. They mostly asked about my resume. Be prepared to very detailed questions. They might challenge you and you need to justify yourself WELL. Heavily asked about research activities and statistics method.

Interview Questions

• How do you explain significance level to an individual who doesn't know stats at all   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (Williamsburg, VA) in March 2018.

Interview

Two back-to-back interviews, 30 minutes each. Both were very relaxed, and seemed more like having intelligent conversations rather than formal interviews. Be prepared to talk about yourself, your experiences, and your analytical capabilities. They may ask you about something on your resume, even if it's not related to the position. It's clear that they're trying to get to know the person rather than your resume or black and white skills. They know people applying for internships don't always come equipped with consulting/analytical skills, so there's no case interview for summer positions. The DC office mostly hires for litigation consulting, so know what you're applying for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience or class you took that relates to economic analysis.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (Austin, TX) in October 2018.

Interview

Probably the worst interview experience I've had. The interviewer was focused on her laptop the entire time, occasionally looking at me to ask a question. I hesitated once which was met with frustration from her. This entire process felt like an interrogation, and the interviewer's demeanor was very unprofessional.

The interviewer did not take kindly to questions, responding to my question about shared responsibilities in the workplace with a strange and hurtful sarcasm. Really wanted this interview to end from the moment it began.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (Williamsburg, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied through Campus Recruiting. Two 30-minute interviews, one with a senior consultant and one with a director.

Interviews were entirely behavioral and fit based; one of my interviewers mostly wanted to discuss my resume.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting, and the timeline was quick and painless. There was only one round of interviews, and all questions were behavioral. Met with two higher ups and chatted for 30 minutes each. However it is very competitive (300 candidates to fill 6 spots)

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you used technology to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview sessions with two different people in two different rooms. Started with phone screening after applying through school's career development office. They came to campus and interviewed for a day or two any number of candidates. Back to back interviews with two different people in adjacent rooms.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (Washington, DC) in March 2013.

Interview

Three back to back case interviews along with a casual chat from a junior staffer. They will grill you on your actual experience and understanding of the work they do. This is not a place where you can waltz in and say "So what does BRG do." Know your stuff and talk with confidence.

Interview Questions

• I see you have taken XYZ class. Tell me about it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I met with a lady at our career fair and talked about the opportunity. I dropped my resume and then applied online. About a week later, I got an email asking to set up interview on campus. I interviewed for about 30 minutes on campus. Lady was very monotonous and did not seem like she wanted to be there. Not very conversational. Rapid Fire questions and then follow up questions to my responses. I did not enjoy my interview experience despite being asked to come to their office for a follow up interview.

I could not make the follow up interview date they requested because I had another interview and they were not flexible or interested in scheduling another day. They told me on Thursday they wanted me to come in the following Monday morning. Almost no time to prepare my schedule. I couldn't go so they concluded their interest in me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your research experience.   Answer Question
    • How do you approach monotonous work?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Berkeley Research group?   Answer Question
    • Tell me very specifically what you did at your previous internship that applies to research or analytical skills.   Answer Question