Berkeley Research Group Summer Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Berkeley Research Group Summer Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2018

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (Phila, PA).

Interview

I applied on my college's career portal. After sending an application there were two back to back interviews focusing mainly my previous experiences. Not many direct technical questions. Seemed to focus more on your past experiences and your personality and fit for the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Berkeley Research Group

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (Emeryville, CA).

Interview

Two interviewers, 30 mins interview. They mostly asked about my resume. Be prepared to very detailed questions. They might challenge you and you need to justify yourself WELL. Heavily asked about research activities and statistics method.

Interview Questions

• How do you explain significance level to an individual who doesn't know stats at all   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

First round on-campus with two employees. Mostly behavioral with some basic financial accounting questions. Prior to the second round, there was a case that had to be completed and submitted via email. The second round consisted of 4, 30 minute interviews, with questions very similar to the first round. There was also a group case study.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I recruiting through my university. There were 2 rounds: first round was on campus and second round on site. First round was two 30 minute behavioral interviews. Second round was three 30 minute behavioral interviews and 1 written case related to financial statements. It was overall a pleasant process and everyone was extremely friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview sessions with two different people in two different rooms. Started with phone screening after applying through school's career development office. They came to campus and interviewed for a day or two any number of candidates. Back to back interviews with two different people in adjacent rooms.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (Washington, DC) in March 2013.

Interview

Three back to back case interviews along with a casual chat from a junior staffer. They will grill you on your actual experience and understanding of the work they do. This is not a place where you can waltz in and say "So what does BRG do." Know your stuff and talk with confidence.

Interview Questions

• I see you have taken XYZ class. Tell me about it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I met with a lady at our career fair and talked about the opportunity. I dropped my resume and then applied online. About a week later, I got an email asking to set up interview on campus. I interviewed for about 30 minutes on campus. Lady was very monotonous and did not seem like she wanted to be there. Not very conversational. Rapid Fire questions and then follow up questions to my responses. I did not enjoy my interview experience despite being asked to come to their office for a follow up interview.

I could not make the follow up interview date they requested because I had another interview and they were not flexible or interested in scheduling another day. They told me on Thursday they wanted me to come in the following Monday morning. Almost no time to prepare my schedule. I couldn't go so they concluded their interest in me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your research experience.   Answer Question
    • How do you approach monotonous work?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Berkeley Research group?   Answer Question
    • Tell me very specifically what you did at your previous internship that applies to research or analytical skills.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

I applied from school on-campus recruiting, waited for two weeks and got an in-person interview. This summer intern is a pipeline position, and you'll turn into a full-time after two months training.

Interview Questions

• all of the questions are based on your resume, and behavioral.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (San Diego, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

applied through OCR, cover letter, resume. One informational interview. Very relaxed interview, mostly questions about my resume. Met with 3 different interviewers. Make sure to know what you are looking to get out of the interview, don't be afraid to brag. If you have taken econometrics, be sure to mention that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Berkeley Research Group (Williamsburg, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied through Campus Recruiting. Two 30-minute interviews, one with a senior consultant and one with a director.

Interviews were entirely behavioral and fit based; one of my interviewers mostly wanted to discuss my resume.