Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies Human Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies Human Resources Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

5.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

No phone screen, hiring manager called to schedule an inperson interview. Interview went quite well - said she was interviewing 8-12 people. Called back 2 days later let me know I'd made the next round. I was asked to complete an online IQ /personality test. After this (and about 2 weeks later) scheduled for an inperson interview, panel with HR staff, and 1:1 with 2 different VPs. Also told there would be testing: an HR situational test (fine), a vocabulary test (okay?), and a math test (whaaa?) where you cannot use a calculator and includes fractions and square roots. How this relates to HR I have no idea.

Interviews went okay. One of the VPs was quite quirky and I felt the entire conversation was a trap. I was not informed ahead of time that all the testing was TIMED! 10 minutes for 20 math problems? Oh no.

Two weeks later (!) I received an email from a generic HR email account telling me that they were no longer interested. So incredibly rude after all I'd been through - weeks of cramming on math tests for no one to personally call me back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what is wrong with our list of values. Don't worry, I want the truth (wink wink).   Answer Question