Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies Interview Questions

Interviews at Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies

2.8

Associate Underwriter Interview

Interview

Scheduled a phone interview over email. The phone interview was very short and they were asking the basic personality, strengths-weakness type questions. They went over the role and the training process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a career fair and expressed my interest in the position. I emailed him my resume the next day. He sent me a wonderlic assessment which is like a logic/IQ test. A few days after I submitted my response to the assessment, I had a 15 min phone interview with a recruiter and a manager. A few days later, I got an email for a second round interview in person. For the second round interview, I took another wonderlic test when I got to the office (12 mins for 50 questions). Then I was interviewed by the HR manager and an underwriting manager for about 30 mins. Finally, I had to do a 30 mins case study. I had to read short blurbs about different malaria charities and write an argumentative letter explaining which one I would choose to donate to and why. After I finished that, they interviewed me again for about 10 mins on my case study conclusion. Then they gave me time to ask them questions. Total was about an hour and a half in person.

They invited me back to a final round interview a few days later but I had taken another offer at that point.

Associate Underwriter Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies.

Interview

They make you take a test. More to test your math skill and analytical skills. You will interview first over the phone with recruiter. In person interview with two interviewers.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies in July 2017.

Interview

Online aptitude/intelligence assessment test, phone interview with HR, and then an on-site interview with two leads and a development team. The process took about two weeks. The questions were EXTREMELY pedantic. I was not asked anything very practical.

They are going to have a hard time finding qualified engineers if they don't learn what to look for. Software development is not about fancy buzz-terms.

Interview Questions

• Mostly related to terminology. No questions about my practical experience.   Answer Question

Claims Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

HR contacted me immediately after I submitted my resume via BHHC's website. I was formally invited in for an interview with their insurance company. Sleek office building with two floors. All employees appeared to be male except for the hospitable secretary and HR. Gorgeous office with custom floral designs and a stunning San Francisco view. Arrived early yet kept waiting for nearly 30 minutes beyond scheduled time. The handsome, yet frantic interviewer stated he could not remember who I was or why he wanted me brought into the office. After he reviewed my resume and we discussed my background, he was enthusiastic. Yet he accused me of only being there for money and stated that he doubted I had a passion for that line of work. My resume, references and statements showed the contrary, but the guy placed personal bias into the situation. He stated a specific position he wanted me to take in the company, insisted that he wanted to work with me and have me on his team, although he really thought I was there for the money. To seal the deal, the guy accused me of being there to set up the company! Overall, it was the type of interaction I'd expect to have in a nightclub.

After following up HR sent me a generic not happening e-mail but about an hour later they contacted me personally to say I was still being considered for the position. Inconsistent responses.

Interview Questions

• Is this some kind of setup, are you here on an undercover operation?   1 Answer

Claims Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies.

Interview

They changed the job they thought I was suited for without telling me. Terrible interview, ended up with the other job though after they made me come back for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• What position did you apply for?   1 Answer

Claims Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Took wonderlic assessment, then came in for in person interview and another 50 question timed test of 12 min. I'm still waiting to hear from Brady. I love this company.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies.

Interview

initially contacted by the HR department by email and scheduled a phone interview. the interviewer was very nice. Most of the questions are resume questions. Then invited to the company for an on-site interview. Asked behavior questions and skills. All of the interviewers were kind and polite. If you answer something wrong the interviewer most likely would give you some hints.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies (Omaha, NE).

Interview

I submitted my application for the internship and waited about a month until an HR representative got in touch with me for an initial phone interview. This initial one was very straightforward. They asked me about general test scores that I have (ACT, typing test, GPA) and then went over each of the jobs that I have had in the past. She asked me about what the job entailed and then with what adjective my former employer might describe me with. At the end of the interview, she informed me that she would be in touch and instructed me to forward an unofficial transcript to her via email. I had to pay for my official one from the school because I couldn't render the unofficial one properly. She called me a few days later again to set up a time to come into the office to take some skills tests that are standard for the company. The first was a word association test. I think it was 20 minutes for 20 questions. The second was a math test, twenty questions in ten minutes. The second one was much more nerve wracking seeing as you are not permitted the use of a calculator. The third step in the process was an interview (I did not make it to this step).

Interview Questions

• How would your former manager describe you?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies.

Interview

First thing you do is a math & word association test. After that, you move on to basic behavioral questions. Depending on who interviews you, they may also ask word problems for you to solve during the interview. You don't really have to get the answer right, they just want to see how you think.