Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies Interview Questions

Interviews at Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies

2.8

Claims Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies.

Interview

Long Process, 2 phone 1 video. This also included a couple assessments with a recruiter and the hiring manager Berkshire interviews an applicant over a phone call before an in-person interview can be done. The phone interview is absolutely simple

Claims Professional Trainee Interview

Interview

Wonderlic assessment, phone screening then no contact for a good 2-3 wks., additional wonderlic assessments, and asked to do a video call with the recruiter. I felt the interview went well. Started with the mosquito writing prompt then just typical interview questions. At the end of the interview, asked him what the perfect candidate looked like and how I compared and felt that I would be a good fit. They must have felt otherwise since I never heard back.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies.

Interview

Phone Interview, Video Interview, Assessment, Hiring Manager Interview. Hiring and interview process are different very elongated process, unlike others. The company interviewers were welcoming and very willing to answer any questions I asked.

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies (Omaha, NE) in March 2020.

Interview

Got the initial phone interview and than had to wait a few weeks due to the HR person having a family emergency. During that waiting period Covid-19 hit and everything was shut down, but I got an email saying I was moving on through the hiring process. Had another interview after I took the test and did the three options where money should go scenario. After that I was selected for a final interview, and after the interview with the manager and supervisor I was told it would be a few weeks until I was contacted because they were still trying to figure out how to train with everything shut down. Weeks passed and no contact I even sent an email and never received on back. With a company with the Berkshire Hathaway name I expected more courtesy. It was just disheartening because this was the first time in 15 months of looking for work I had a really good lead. Even if i wasn't going to be selected an email would have been nice instead of wondering. Shame on companies like Berkshire Hathaway who treat job seekers this way.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Berkshire Hathaway   1 Answer

Claims Professional Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies (Sacramento, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

Phone interview, Online personality and cognitive assessments. In-person interview began with another online cognitive assessment and a situational assessment. Asked to read a proposal and choose an investment option, then defend it and answer follow up questions. Followed by general interview with the recruiter. Final interview with unit supervisors.

Interview Questions

• If money and education was was no object, what is your dream job?   Answer Question

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies (Omaha, NE) in January 2020.

Interview

First I received a phone interview. This interview was fairly typical—however, some of the questions asked were a little odd. I was asked my GPA in college, as well as high school. I was also asked my ACT score. Understand, I had graduated from college over 10 years prior to this interview.
    Next, I was sent to a testing location. I took a wonderlic test as well as a two part, handwritten test. The first half was word association and the other was math. The math portion was extremely difficult and nearly impossible for anyone to complete without a calculator.
    Finally, I was invited for an in-person final interview. When I arrived, I found out who I was meeting with and that I was scheduled for 5 hours. Yes, this interview took 5 very long hours. I met with managers, the department AVP, and the department VP. Every individual gave a completely different interview. Some asked a lot of questions while others discussed the position.
    A few weeks after the final interview, I received an email stating that they had changed the location of the position from working remote in the territory to being based in the Omaha office. This did not work for my personal situation—therefore, I was no longer being considered.
    Overall, I was not given a very good impression of the company. I thought they were extremely disorganized and need to completely reevaluate their hiring process.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies (San Diego, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

The interview process is long. First you have an easy five minute phone interview. You are scheduled an in person interview. You are to take a quiz on a computer. After that you talk to the a person in HR. Overall long and tedious process.

Claims Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies (San Francisco, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

Started with a 10 min interview over the phone, very relaxed asking about your experience and why you are interested.

If you pass you come in a take another online test (10 mins, 50 questions) after that you do the scenario question. They ask why you made that decision and why not the others. I took a spanish comprehension test because I speak Spanish.

Final interview is with two supervisors and they go through your resume and ask you more questions regarding your experience and decision making.

Interview Questions

• If you had a bunch of deadlines due today and you knew you couldnt finish them today, what would you do?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies.

Interview

Initial phone screen and then 2 round of interviews. They start off with asking about your experience in the phone screening. Then they send you a wonderlic test and personality test before bringing you in for a in person interview.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies (Omaha, NE) in September 2019.

Interview

It was very long. The first "inital" interview has you do the Wonderlic test which they do not tell you the results of. Then, you meet with various managers from departments just to vibe you out and see what knowledge you actually have. This took me about 2-3 hours which I was not ready for. The next interview they will invite you to will be with mainly VPs and department heads. It was cool to meet these people and see that they care about who they hire, but they all ask very repetitive questions. A lot of questions were specific like "what types of losses would you expect from an abandoned vehicle? Which is riskier a taxi driver in Miami or a pizza delivery in NY? "