Berkshire Hathaway Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Berkshire Hathaway

2.1

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

After phone interview with hiring manager, invited to face-to-face with the team. Several 'what-if' scenarios presented having to do with interactions with subject matter experts. I believe they were interested in diplomacy skills. Technical skills tested via example of output from database and question "How would you frame your script to pull these results?". Also quizzed on expertise with requirements gathering and documentation, test methodologies, data warehouse concepts. Group of five people on interview panel. Not stressful; relaxed environment.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway (Omaha, NE) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process is a combination of math & english tests as well as a few over the phone interviews. They really want to ensure that you are analytical and technically sound.

Interview Questions

• What were you high school SAT & ACT scores   1 Answer
    • On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your math skills   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway (Peoria, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

I had an interview over google hangout with a Mr Luthor Bryan for a work at home position and got hired after an hour interview
    I read the information on the computer from a link that he sent to me.
    I am very concerned now due to comments that I now have read through Glassdoor. If this is not a legitimate job why would Glassdoor post jobs for it?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not have to negotiate because the offer was more than i expected.

Actuary Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway in September 2013.

Interview

First being contacted by phone, then took an math and word matching quiz. It was about an hour, the math problems were really basic, no calculus, just plus and minus. Then after a week, have an interviewing with an underwriting manger, the interview is mostly behavior based, with one easy technical question.

Interview Questions

• What are the five information you want to know if you about to give a quota for a car?   Answer Question

Reporting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway (San Francisco, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

Position is temp to perm through a well known staffing agency. Had a short 20 min or less phone interview - passed, completed three assessment tests online - computer literacy, attention to detail and data entry, scheduled for in person interview the day after.
    Interview was pleasant, 30 minutes or less with the department supervisor and a manager. Job offer received within the hour with a start date. Process beginning to end was less than a week.

Pros: convenient location, the future co-workers I met seemed like great people, good company to have on a resume, workers compensation claims experience will be a nice skill to add

Cons: only one, pay rate is a bit low for the area which was surprising (although the benefits package is nice)

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tomball, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway (Tomball, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was done over Goggle Hangout app. I got the job in less then ten minutes. It was a scam. Please stay away from this person and DON'T deposit the large check for $4,900.00

Office Manager Interview

Interview

Applied on Craigslist. I interview twice, the first time the job was given to someone else, then another position opened up in the same field, I was interviewed by three different people and hired on the same day. First day of work was the following Monday.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

Two interviews fairly easy. I had to meet the managers and I basically told them why I wanted the job and why I thought that I could succeed. They asked me about myself and told me how the job worked and offered me the job.

Underwriting Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway (Sacramento, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Before the interview, you are to complete a 12 min Wonderlic test. The interview is the standard STAR behavioral questions such as "Tell us about yourself....Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years......If you're in [put in problem scenario], how do you resolve the situation...etc."

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macomb, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway (Macomb, MI) in March 2010.

Interview

Simple, straight forward interview with the man who is now my boss. Very professional!