Berkshire Hathaway Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.5

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway (Sacramento, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone interview - very brief. Short online assessment completed at home. Received a call to go in and interview. Completed another longer assessment. Interview very brief - did not ask me any questions, simply asked if I had any questions...it was strange, as if they already found someone but were continuing their interviews anyway.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway.

Interview

I had a long interview over google hangouts and was offered the job in 10 minutes. It didn't seem legit to me, so I started doing some research and then realized that there's a scam going on with this company. I called their corporate office and it was confirmed that it was not legit.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway (Peoria, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

I had an interview over google hangout with a Mr Luthor Bryan for a work at home position and got hired after an hour interview
    I read the information on the computer from a link that he sent to me.
    I am very concerned now due to comments that I now have read through Glassdoor. If this is not a legitimate job why would Glassdoor post jobs for it?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not have to negotiate because the offer was more than i expected.

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tomball, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway (Tomball, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was done over Goggle Hangout app. I got the job in less then ten minutes. It was a scam. Please stay away from this person and DON'T deposit the large check for $4,900.00

Claims Professional Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway (Omaha, NE) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview went well. They express a lot of interest in high school and college grades. They ask for your gpa, act, and sat scores as well. Overall they are very friendly over the phone. By far one of the best experiences I've had with any company over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Did you take any math classes in college and what was your grade in each? High school GPA?   Answer Question

SQL Server Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Meet with hiring manager, developer team, business analyst team, Chief Information Officer. The developer team asked me some technical questions and had me set up a mock project in 15 minutes. After the mock project I met with a business analyst who asked me about my collaborative experience. The position required collaborative/team experience. I was told I lacked collaborative/team experience based on my answers to their questions.

Interview Questions

• If I knew what the cross apply operator was   2 Answers

Office Manager Interview

Interview

Applied on Craigslist. I interview twice, the first time the job was given to someone else, then another position opened up in the same field, I was interviewed by three different people and hired on the same day. First day of work was the following Monday.

Actuary Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway in September 2013.

Interview

First being contacted by phone, then took an math and word matching quiz. It was about an hour, the math problems were really basic, no calculus, just plus and minus. Then after a week, have an interviewing with an underwriting manger, the interview is mostly behavior based, with one easy technical question.

Interview Questions

• What are the five information you want to know if you about to give a quota for a car?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bullhead City, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway (Bullhead City, AZ) in February 2013.

Interview

I talked to myself out loud during the interview as if there was no one else in the room and rooms. The interview was a roam from room to room patiently describing each distinct view of people type and character first before getting into products, locations, breath and richness of product offer, competitive structures. It was there in an open interview that the revelation was evident as a revenue growth lagging indicator to talent selection that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe it is possible to begin a business with zero dollars of investment and create a business that has one billion dollars in revenue in ten years ?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

After phone interview with hiring manager, invited to face-to-face with the team. Several 'what-if' scenarios presented having to do with interactions with subject matter experts. I believe they were interested in diplomacy skills. Technical skills tested via example of output from database and question "How would you frame your script to pull these results?". Also quizzed on expertise with requirements gathering and documentation, test methodologies, data warehouse concepts. Group of five people on interview panel. Not stressful; relaxed environment.