Beroe Inc. Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 27, 2017

3.2

50 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

The walk in had a lot of rounds.Starting with Group discussion ,HR interview, case study and technical interview. The case study which was given was pathetic and didnt make any sense ...it was so abstruse..2 hours were given to complete it and a power point presentation had to be made ..the technical interview was based solely on the case study .It was a stressful interview. The interviewer had no other job except passing derogatory remarks .The guy would simply scrutinise the presentation ...he would not allow me to talk ......nor accept my ideas ....I have been through many stress interviews ...but this was not like an actual stress interview...the interviewer was pompous and acted like a complete show off .

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Beroe Inc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Beroe Inc. (Chennai (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

The entire interview process took 2 whole days. 1st day consisted of Group Discussion, Hr interview and 2nd day followed up with Case analysis and technical interview. The whole process was soo badly planned, that half the attendees left midway through the screening itself. So here goes my breakdown of literally the worst interview process i have ever been through.

Day 1: The reporting time for the interview was at 9:00 am and the first round started only at 11:30 or so. Even though the deadline for registration was till 10, they kept accepting walk-ins till the last minute. Finally after 2 hours of waiting, the GD round started and guess what??? There was only one person to coordinate 30 odd groups of GD. So the round which should have lasted not more than 30 mins, took freaking 3 hours to wrap up. Like seriously? So after the disaster that was GD, selected few made it to the next round which was HR interview.

Now a little back story :- When applying for the role, the company poster said clearly that only people with 0-1 years of experience can apply and that the candidates need to send in their resumes to the company mail id for getting shortlisted. But that clearly was just a hoax., since lot of people who turned up for the interview had more than 2-3 years of experience and the HR welcomed them with open arms without even seeing their resumes. So what was the point of mentioning it in the poster when the company doesn't even want to give fair chance to others.

Anyways back to the interview. So the HR round was a big disappointment as well, since again there were only 2 people taking interviews for a group of more than 70 odd people. Like do you guys even know your math? There were people who travelled more than 40 kms for taking up this interview and what was the outcome of it? The HR told them they were not fit for the role based on their resumes. Then why the hell dint you screen their resumes beforehand, instead of making them go through the entire day process, wasting their time and the others as well. Lack of Basic common sense was clearly evident over here. When my chance for interview came, the HR was more interested in knowing about the company i worked for and how he could find a position for himself there, rather than interviewing me at all. The interview was such a bummer, that i literally had no mood to turn up for day 2 of interview, even though i was shortlisted.

Interview Questions

• Day 2: So after a lot of pep- talk, i came for the day 2 of interview, expecting it to be a little better than the previous day. Hoping that the HR's finally found their sense and would make this day's round more smooth flowing and less haphazard. So all of us started with case studies and we were given total of 2 hours to finish the same. To be honest 2 hours felt like a very short period of time, since i'm acutely aware that all the other research/consulting companies give an avg of 4 hours to finish the case study. Anyways moving on, i finished up my case study and everything seemed to be moving smoothly as compared to previous day. With a renewed hope, i waited for the last round, the technical interview. But alas, my hope and happy mood came crashing down. The HR's again followed their nonsensical method of having only 2 people interview all of us. So that resulted in hours and hours of waiting just to finish up the last round. There was soo much dissatisfaction and irritation among all of us about the entire process, that we just wanted to get this round done with asap and leave for home. Few among us left out of irritation even before their chance came. The remaining few of us decided to stay back thinking that we have already endured one and a half day of torture, so lets endure some more if it meant a happy ending. So one by one we were called for our interviews. My interview was pretty basic. The technical lead asked me questions based on my case and that's it. So happy with my answers and how the last interview went, i left for home.

We were told we will receive our results by coming thursday max. So all of us waited anxiously for the results, only to be informed that only the rejected applicants will be informed on thursday via mail. And the remaining candidates are shortlisted. So thursday went by and i dint receive any mail regarding rejection. Naturally i assumed i was shortlisted and went through my days, expecting the next call will be to discuss my offer. But then i received the biggest shock, mid week when i was finally calm and not worried about the results, i received the dreaded rejection letter with no due explanation. My heart broke. All the effort and time i spent for this interview went to waste. And i dint know what went wrong. That why would they send rejection letter on the week they were supposed to call to discuss the offer letter. I tried calling the HR of the company to ask the reason for the same and she had a standard reply of " she doesn't know anything". WOW!!!

And now i have got the news that they have rejected all the applicants who had less than 1 year of experience and have shortlisted people with 2-3 years of experience and above. And to think that they specifically mentioned they want to hire people with 0-1 years of experience only. The irony of it!!

Suggestions to the company: Firstly, Instead of hiring research candidates, please hire more HR's and replace the existing ones. You guys are in dire need of it. Every Candidates first impression of the company is made through its Hr's and the interview process and i'm 100% sure that each and every person who attended the interview has a terrible impression about BEROE and it's HR team. I don't even have to justify anything since most of the reviews about BEROE on glassdoor justify each and every single statement of mine.

Secondly, please act fair and just, When you say you want to hire only people with 0-1 years of experience, then don't start hiring people with 2-3 years of experience for the same role. This is not fair to people who went through the entire interview process, just to be told they are rejected in the end due to lack of experience. Stick to your words.

Lastly, You guys lost some serious talent during this entire interview process. Rejecting a candidate just because he/she was a threat to you or he/she had more knowledge than you is soo disgusting. All the people whom you guys rejected will find better jobs, but you guys will start losing all your brand value you have made in a very short time if you don't change soon enough.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Beroe Inc. in September 2017.

Interview

Needs lots of patience to sit. First round was GD, either you select a topic or they provide you. They dont require people who are having process knowledge, they just require people who speak at that moment. Then it was case studies round. Unfortunately i didnt make through.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Beroe Inc. (Chennai (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

2 days process
    1 day GD and HR interview( domain selection based on previous experience or field of interest) & case study-analysis( based on field experience) the case study and have create a PPT
    2nd day- PPT explanation based on the PPT questions will be asked

Interview Questions

• 1st day-GD-general topic
      PPT topic-customer service domain-customer service preference location based on continent selection
      2nd topic-procurement steel materials -how to reduce procurement cost by 10% & 20%,how to increase ROI,
      sourcing-mining-how to stream line suppliers,how to reduce sourcing cost by 10% & 20%,how to increase ROI,   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Beroe Inc. in September 2017.

Interview

There is no proper filtration of candidates at start . They treated experienced and freshers the same way.
    It will be a 2 day process , goes till evening .
    **One suggestion - if you looking candidates for specific domain pls mention it before, if they do not have any experience in such domains they may prepare for it and they may surprise you ,as you people wish.

Atlast don't end up saying you don't meet our requirements... (HR's be sensible.)

I asked a HR , what's ur good name - HR opposed to say at first , then he said and gave explanation that "if I wanna intro myself , I would waste my 3-5 sec of my tym " . so do u think people waiting for 1 full day doesn't get wasted just because of your slow process interviews .

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied through BEROE website .The process took more than a month due to various issues during the month of DEC16-JAN17.
    The process was GD,HR,CASE STUDY & discussion about the case study.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Beroe Inc. (Chennai (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

Logical and easy. two rounds in all first one was a telephonic round followed by a case study round. they called me via naukri. overall a good experience.i am a packaging graduate and currently employed with a private firm as a marketing executive.

Interview Questions

• they asked me why i wanted to join them, what my current role is and what i learnt in my packaging degree. they asked me to brief a packaging format. expected ctc, about myself, about my family. my ug was in food science and mgmt so they wanted to know the connect between food science and packaging. during my case study round, i was given a case on tissue paper. i was asked to analyse the current market growth of tissues and the major suppliers for the same and their market shares too. it was pretty interesting. they asked me to make a ppt on it. i was given 2 hours to prepare after which two of them came to discuss the same. the questions were very logical. with the right thought process and good surfing skills, one can make it through the round.   1 Answer

Negotiation

my current job pays me 3L pa and only 3 months into it, beroe is offering me 4L . i couldnt have asked for more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Beroe Inc. (Chennai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Grouped the candidates into 3 by their exp college and studies . I'm with 2.5 yrs so no technical and went through GD then personal interview. Everything on the same day in Chennai office

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Beroe Inc..

Interview

it had 3 rounds, written (aptitude), GD (simple topics), Interview. They look for logical answers, not necessarily correct answers. Speak well. There are no difficult questions. They looked expressionless even though i gave a right answer. Offered the job letter on the same day.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Beroe Inc. (Chennai (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

Pretty simple interview setup intially you have to do a presentation on a topic to team leader who asks t justify the content and explain the process for arriving the content in the presentation and then it is followed by the HR interview who asks simple personal background questions and salary expectations.