Berry Appleman & Leiden Immigration Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Berry Appleman & Leiden Immigration Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2017

2.8

Immigration Assistant Interview

Interview

The interview process was brief and straightforward. The interviewer seemed a little confused as to why I was interviewing for the position, despite the job description not specifying majors for the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Berry Appleman & Leiden

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden (New York, NY).

Interview

Consisted of two interviews and one online assessment. First interview was with a team manager and an attorney, started as a screening and asking questions about why I was interested in the firm. The second interview was with two attorneys, asked some overlapping questions and provided more information about what the job entails/if I have those skills.

Interview Questions

• Why immigration law?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell us a time when you were in a difficult situation and what you did to resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I went it for one interview and there were three lawyers that interviewed me. The whole process seemed ill prepared as they did not really know what questions to ask. They kept looking at each other as though waiting for the other to say something. They were dressed very casually and made jokes since I was dressed professionally. Over all the interview was not that hard, but like I said they were not super prepared or coordinated very well. I would recommend actual recruiters to do interviews. The three lawyers that interviewed me also down talked the job. I told them I was very excited to work with immigration and they really down played it and said I would have a boring job that was mostly paper pushing.

Interview Questions

I declined because I did not think that the work environment was for me.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter within the week. After speaking with the recruiter, an interview was set up within the week after that. Speedy process overall and a decision/offer was made within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working in the field of immigration?   1 Answer

Immigration Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden in January 2016.

Interview

I applied and received an invitation to interview 1-2 weeks after. I had two interviews. I was told the first interview went well and I was called in a week later for the second round in person interview with the team. My interview lasted about an hour and it was a ncoe conversation and it was great to get to know the team and their expectations.

I have yet to hear back from the company after emailing the hr rep who contacted me. I think it's very unprofessional to allow candidates to take the time to apply for a job, take time off for multiple interviews and never contact them again.

Immigration Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden.

Interview

I applied directly through their website and heard back from the HR department within one week. I met with two staff members who were very friendly. The questions were very direct and I had to take an assessment test after the initial interview. They were looking for an immediate hire and I thought the process would move quite quickly. I was informed that the HR department would follow up with me in regards to the interview process. A week and half went by and I contacted the initial HR person who set up the interview with me, no reply. I attempted to email and call and I finally decided to contact one of the staff members at BAL who forwarded my email back to the HR department. I finally received an email stating that they had moved forward with another candidate. I waited for more than three weeks to hear back about the final decision.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume and was called the next day to set up an in person interview. I was told I'd be meeting with two individuals whose names were provided.

Upon arrival on day of interview, I interviewed with two different individuals then what I was told and a third one came in late. The feel of the interview was very awkward, I felt one was too quiet and would jump in with random questions, the other was pretty much interrogating which made me feel uneasy, and the late one asked the same questions that were asked prior to her being there. The entire interview was a mess and they ask very basic questions. After the interview, I was given a written assessment, their conference rooms were booked so I had to sit in a chair in the lobby with people walking by every 10 seconds (very distracting and uncomfortable).

After the interview process I sent out thank you e-mails, and of the 3, only 1 replied. A week after the interview I hadn't heard anything so I reached out the HR to ask for any updates, no reply. 2 weeks after, I send out another e-mail, again, no reply. And I have yet to hear anything from them, very unprofessional.

The entire experience was unprofessional and strange. The minute I walked into their office, I got a weird vibe. It was very quiet with no life, the people seemed checked out, def not a place that is thriving.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied directly on their website and received an invitation to interview a week later. Immediately upon arrival I was led to a conference room and given an assessment test. After that I interviewed with 2 associates in a different room. They were extremely friendly and the questions asked were not anything out of the ordinary. I received notice of the offer a few days following the interview.

Interview Questions

• What skills did you learn from your most recent job that can be applied to this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden (Dallas, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied for the position off Craigslist and was contacted by an HR representative to set up an interview with 3 attorney's at the Dallas office. They all asked standard interview questions and were friendly which made the interview very natural. Then shortly after my first interview I was invited back for a second one which was with two co-workers which focused on similar standard interview questions (i.e. do you have immigration experience? Why do you want to work here? How organized are you? What's an accomplishment you are proud of?) After that I took a written assessment asking me if two things are the same or different and circle it if it's different or the same. Then I had a reading comprehension section which asked me questions about what i read. Finally, I had to circle if words were misspelled and the correct definition.

Interview Questions

• Overall I found oddly enough the co-worker interview the most difficult since they seemed very tense.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden (Dallas, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with two attorneys, took a test on basic legal knowledge as well as a reading comprehension test. The whole process took maybe an hour, I believe the tests were timed.

Interview Questions

• General knowledge of immigration   1 Answer