Berry Appleman & Leiden Immigration Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 31, 2017

2.7

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I sent in an online application and was contacted a week later to come in for an in person interview. The interview went well, was engaging and not an effort to intimidate me, but rather just to learn a little more about who I was and what I wanted/expected from this position. It lasted about 30-40 minutes. One week after my interview they contacted me to offer me the job. It was a fairly quick process and they kept me informed throughout!

Interview Questions

• What is a mistake you made at your first job/on your first assignment and what did you take away from that?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Berry Appleman & Leiden

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

There was a quick call on the phone to talk about the position and the company. The recruiter, then, sent over a pre-interview assessment online that's based on your grammar skills and writing. The in-person interview was with 2 people asking about my prior experience and giving more insight into the role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Invited for an interview quickly but it took a month to find out I wasn't selected. Prior to interview, be ready to present your desired salary and a writing sample. I got interviewed by two young lawyers and questions were straight forward then directed to exam room. The exam is designed to assess analytical, writing/English, and attention to details skills. Overall the interview process was fair but the time and lack of communication and attentiveness to candidates was painful. I never gotten a proper rejection letter and was stood up for weeks before actively inquiring for it. It was terrible experience and revealed a lot about BAL's poor communication.

Interview Questions

• Time I was under stressful situation and how I handled it   Answer Question

Immigration Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email a few days later. The first step in the interview process was a questionnaire conducted via email. The second phase was an in-person interview.

Immigration Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden in February 2017.

Interview

Consisted of one writing assessment and one grammar/reading comprehension assessment. Afterwards, you are contacted by a recruiter who sets you up with your interview. Both interviews consisted of the current employees telling me what to expect rather than asking me questions about my skills and what I could contribute to the team.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview took place with three attorneys and they kept the questions light and still got to the point. I would say it is an easy going interview. Have an understanding of the position before arriving of course!

Immigration Assistant Interview

Interview

The interview process was brief and straightforward. The interviewer seemed a little confused as to why I was interviewing for the position, despite the job description not specifying majors for the position.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden (New York, NY).

Interview

Consisted of two interviews and one online assessment. First interview was with a team manager and an attorney, started as a screening and asking questions about why I was interested in the firm. The second interview was with two attorneys, asked some overlapping questions and provided more information about what the job entails/if I have those skills.

Interview Questions

• Why immigration law?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell us a time when you were in a difficult situation and what you did to resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I went it for one interview and there were three lawyers that interviewed me. The whole process seemed ill prepared as they did not really know what questions to ask. They kept looking at each other as though waiting for the other to say something. They were dressed very casually and made jokes since I was dressed professionally. Over all the interview was not that hard, but like I said they were not super prepared or coordinated very well. I would recommend actual recruiters to do interviews. The three lawyers that interviewed me also down talked the job. I told them I was very excited to work with immigration and they really down played it and said I would have a boring job that was mostly paper pushing.

Interview Questions

I declined because I did not think that the work environment was for me.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter within the week. After speaking with the recruiter, an interview was set up within the week after that. Speedy process overall and a decision/offer was made within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working in the field of immigration?   1 Answer