Berry Appleman & Leiden Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Berry Appleman & Leiden Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

2.7

Immigration Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email a few days later. The first step in the interview process was a questionnaire conducted via email. The second phase was an in-person interview.

Law Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

One on one interview with young HR person. She did not look very professional, and forgot where the interview was to take place so we had to walk up and down two floors for a while. The actual interview lasted 15 minutes.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through Glassdoor, received an email from a recruiter asking to interview several days later, surpassed the first interview and finished by interviewing with the department lead.

Another week went by and I received the email stating they had chosen to proceed with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• How would you drive user adoption?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview took place with three attorneys and they kept the questions light and still got to the point. I would say it is an easy going interview. Have an understanding of the position before arriving of course!

Immigration Assistant Interview

Interview

The interview process was brief and straightforward. The interviewer seemed a little confused as to why I was interviewing for the position, despite the job description not specifying majors for the position.

Immigration Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter after I applied the job on their website. He asked me a few questions, then asked me to take an assessment. It is a two portion test. But you have to finish each part within 30 mins. So the total pre employment assessment lasts 1 hour. Later you will go through an onsite interview. 2 attorney will ask you few questions.

Legal Assistant/Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a short process after I submitted the application through their website. I was contacted by a recruiter who asked a couple of questions on the phone and then scheduled a test and an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your last working experience will help you with this role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden (New York, NY).

Interview

Consisted of two interviews and one online assessment. First interview was with a team manager and an attorney, started as a screening and asking questions about why I was interested in the firm. The second interview was with two attorneys, asked some overlapping questions and provided more information about what the job entails/if I have those skills.

Interview Questions

• Why immigration law?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell us a time when you were in a difficult situation and what you did to resolve it?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Interview

In reviewing Glassdoor they had poor reviews, so I knew going into it that they had had significant turnover. I interviewed with a supervisor, who I found polite and friendly, however I felt the job wasn't the best fit for my goals (most of the department has been there less than four years) but agreed to a second interview with the manager from another department. This manager was abrupt bordering on rude and in almost every interaction made it clear he didn't value my time. The final nail was when he denigrated my degree and experience. I haven't had such an awful interview in a long time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden.

Interview

Quick and painless. I applied from the Craigslist ad. Received a reply a week or so later for an in-person interview. There was a short test before the interview, I was interviewed with multiple attorneys at once, and then received the offer a couple days later.