Berry Appleman & Leiden Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Client Account Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden (Houston, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied online on the company's website; got an email from a recruiter in their Richardson office indicating interest and set up a phone interview and then, after that, an in-person interview in their Houston office

Interview Questions

• What is one of your greatest weaknesses?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Applied from Craigslist, contacted within a week, and interview scheduled.

BAL partner contacted my current employer before I responded to offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden (San Francisco, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

Excellent benefits but there seems to be a bad vibe.

Paralegal Interview

Interview

On site interview. The interview took about 1/2 hour . The interviewer asked only basic questions such as past experience , etc . They will call you and let you know the outcome of the interview a week or so later

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden (Houston, TX).

Interview

First, I had a telephone interview with a recruiter, then an in-office interview with the two supervising attorneys, and then online skills assessment where I nad to read case law and provide legal opinion.

Law Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden.

Interview

Simple, comfortable, quick turnaround. Interviewed by the head paralegal who was professional and cordial. I was asked a lot of questions about any previous immigration experience, no matter how insignificant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

One on one interview with young HR person. She did not look very professional, and forgot where the interview was to take place so we had to walk up and down two floors for a while. The actual interview lasted 15 minutes.

Law Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden.

Interview

Two people interviewed me. Mainly described the firm and asked about my experience. Nothing difficult. They described the work needed. I think they were looking for a candidate that's eager to learn and happy to take on new tasks. Goal-driven and team-player.

Law Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden in September 2016.

Interview

I applied on their website directly without any references. I submitted my resume and cover letter. And the next day I got the phone interview. The interview did not go well because I was not so prepared. They said they will contact me next week, but they didn't.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself in five years? And Salary requirement?   Answer Question

Multiple Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied several times before I was selected to interview, which is understandable, since immigration law is a pretty high turn over industry, and they probably have multiple applicants for each position. But once selected, the process only took about 2 weeks. An initial phone interview, followed by a second phone interview with the next level up, and then an in person interview. I was very busy wrapping up a project at the time, and they worked around my schedule and were very straight forward and friendly. The interviewer was knowledgeable and asked relevant questions, as well as answering my questions. The recruiter followed up with me, and provided information I needed in order to make a decision. This interview process was a welcome relief from the methods used by many other firms, who seem to either not know how to interview or want to catch the interviewee out with trick questions. The recruiters were professional and friendly, able to answer my questions clearly. Accepting this offer was easy, as they were willing to give a salary that matched my experience, and they were transparent in their answers to my questions about the firm and the work.

Interview Questions

• Question about ability to juggle deadlines and priotize   Answer Question

Senior Tech Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I met with a wonderful programmer, plus my manager, plus a Veep (by phone). I was asked to read some code and explain what it did. It was fun, but I didn't see my workspace, which turned out to be kind of dark and depressing actually. I also met someone from the legal staff, a very nice woman. They all happened to be women except the Veep, which was a nice thing about BAL, many briliant women in great jobs.

Interview Questions

• Look at this code and tell me how it works.   1 Answer
    • How do you handle it if everyone's too busy to help you?   1 Answer