Bessemer Trust Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Investments Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bessemer Trust Company (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Pretty routine. Applied through University and had a 30-minute first-round phone interview with an analyst. Questions were pretty easy and not too technical. Make sure you’ve got your behaviorals down, as they are a small firm (employees wise) and will be looking for kids who have done their research on what it’s like to work there.

Second-round was basically a Skype super day with 4 back-to-back 30 minute interviews. 2 behavioral, 2 technical. Technical interviews were super easy and pretty much consisted of “pitch me a stock.” Have 3 or 4 stocks ready to go for the super-day.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through what’s happened in the global markets YTD.   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bessemer Trust Company (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

1-Over the phone with HR
    2-Meet first two members of the team
    3-Meet more senior members of the team
    4-Take Excel/Accounting test

Most people in the company have been there for a very, very long time (but that's not to be taken in a negative way in this case.)

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bessemer Trust Company (Wilmington, DE) in April 2016.

Interview

I sent in my resume through the website and was contacted quickly to come in for an interview. They were very professional and clear on who I would be meeting with and how to dress. I met with four different people at the firm and was there for about two hours. Everyone was nice and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• They asked about the history of Bessemer Trust. I would suggest reading up on the family prior to your interview. I was also asked about specific skills required to do the job. It's a small office and they want to be sure they hire someone who will be the right fit for the team and the culture.   1 Answer

SummerClient Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bessemer Trust Company (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

It was an in person interview at their DC office. It consisted of 3 rounds where i was interviewed by a different 2 people each round. All the interviewers were friendly and seemed a little unsure as what to ask. By the end of the interview some questions were repeated. All questions were behavioral.

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bessemer Trust Company.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, met with a few team members in person and met with the senior management in the department and HR. I was seriously considering the offer given the comp, step up, and smaller team that I would be joining. The team was welcoming and easy to get to know except for the guy in HR who was one of the more inarticulate and condescending people I've met with. Regardless, I would consider joining in the future.

Interview Questions

• Mostly technical questions about what the job would cover   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bessemer Trust Company (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was mostly behavior and not really technical. The interview was interested what I want out of wealth management. I think the role has a long term implication since it is a small firm. Most people who work there in their mid-career. The interview process has multiple rounds with associate and vps.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bessemer Trust Company (Woodbridge, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone , in person with junior and senior HR, in person manager and senior team member. Basic interview. They were nice enough to have the interview in New York, closer to my previous job, instead of Woodbridge.

Interview Questions

• What would your current boss say if he was in the room now?
      How did you handle a difficult situation?
      Why Bessemer?   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bessemer Trust Company (Woodbridge, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

Was pretty much a general experience. I applied via an internship website and was contacted by the interviewer a week later. Interview lasted about an hour. I did not receive the offer and was awaiting other offers. It took contact from me to find out that I wasn't selected. I figured i would have gotten some sort of response after my interview. If you have another deadline to answer definitely contact them, because you may not be notified of a no offer.

Interview Questions

• Personal questions: about you, hobbies, interests, what you contribute, career goals, strengths, weaknesses, availability, and describe a situation you faced adversity and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Associate Client Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bessemer Trust Company.

Interview

My interview process consisted of 3 separate interview sessions. The first was a typical screening call which had the usual questions (why Bessemer? why you? walk me though your resume). At the end of the interview I was asked to schedule the second one. The second was actually a set of three back to back interviews with the team I would be working with. Again, I was asked standard questions and had a lengthy opportunity to ask my own. I was contacted about two weeks later by email which said I was invited to the third round. The third round was a two day process that involved seven interviews, a test, and a presentation. I found it to be relatively unstressful compared to other companies in the field and the professionalism of the team to be in a league of its own.

Tax Ops Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bessemer Trust Company (Woodbridge, NJ).

Interview

I interviewed for their Tax Ops role. There were two interviewers remotely different in personality type, however I still thought they were congenial. I didn't detect any bad energy or indifference for the most part. The process took about 30 minutes in which I was asked the standard interview questions that every employer utilize. Some of the questions were held in its Behavioral format and others were queries concerning my background. I assumed the interview went well based on my knowledge of the position as the position mirrors my background. But I guess not. I got the impression that they were looking for someone who looks like them and who also will want to spend their entire being with "them". Simply, they're seeking someone that prefers to retire there. So, when I was asked the repetitive interview question of, "where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?" my response didn't correlate with their vision. At the close of the interview, I was told by one of the interviewers that since Bessemer has a notorious HR process, I should expect feedback within a couple of weeks, and get this as one of the interviewers "quoted" so that I won't be waiting for long. I left optimistic hoping well maybe I will get this position since I know the work backwards, as I am currently performing the duties now with my current employer.

The next day, the HR Dept emailed me an automated message indicating that since there were other candidates that applied for the role, they will be pursuing those that they feel are a fit in other words. That is why it is best to not ever assume you have the position even though you think it went well. Sometimes, a person do, then there are other times when they don't. I assumed my background and how I articulated my background was a mere fit, but they didn't think so. In other words, there feedback was different from my own.

Reverting back to the HR automated "we don't want you" letter, it stated how they think other candidates are a better fit. Yeah right, there were no other candidates because the position went live again, yesterday.