Bessemer Trust Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bessemer Trust Company Interview Questions

2.6

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bessemer Trust Company (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

1-Over the phone with HR
    2-Meet first two members of the team
    3-Meet more senior members of the team
    4-Take Excel/Accounting test

Most people in the company have been there for a very, very long time (but that's not to be taken in a negative way in this case.)

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bessemer Trust Company (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

The face to face interview was pretty easy. I met with someone in HR, then with 2-3 people in the department. There were open and friendly. There was EXTENSIVE testing of my software skills. The agnecy that I used was VERY thorough in making sure that I know my stuff as far as software was concerned. Once on the job most of the skills that I tested on were not needed. But it was absolutely required that I really know my stuff in ordder to get an interview with the firm.

The background check was VERY thorough.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about the firm?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I advise that you ask for what you want. If you're good they'll pay you. This firm prides itself on only hiring the best. They understand that you have to pay if you want good people.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bessemer Trust Company (Wilmington, DE) in April 2016.

Interview

I sent in my resume through the website and was contacted quickly to come in for an interview. They were very professional and clear on who I would be meeting with and how to dress. I met with four different people at the firm and was there for about two hours. Everyone was nice and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• They asked about the history of Bessemer Trust. I would suggest reading up on the family prior to your interview. I was also asked about specific skills required to do the job. It's a small office and they want to be sure they hire someone who will be the right fit for the team and the culture.   1 Answer

Junior Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bessemer Trust Company (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

it was like big four interview. Very common behavior questions and technical questions. interviewed with four people on site, two rounds with two different teams respectively. Usually a VP with a Senior assistant. Went through smoothly and not hard at all.it was like big four interview. Very common behavior questions and technical questions. interviewed with four people on site, two rounds with two different teams respectively. Usually a VP with a Senior assistant. Went through smoothly and not hard at all.

Interview Questions

• Your advantages and disadvantages. why should we hire you. School activities. Classes took.   1 Answer

Negotiation

NA

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bessemer Trust Company (Woodbridge, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

Was pretty much a general experience. I applied via an internship website and was contacted by the interviewer a week later. Interview lasted about an hour. I did not receive the offer and was awaiting other offers. It took contact from me to find out that I wasn't selected. I figured i would have gotten some sort of response after my interview. If you have another deadline to answer definitely contact them, because you may not be notified of a no offer.

Interview Questions

• Personal questions: about you, hobbies, interests, what you contribute, career goals, strengths, weaknesses, availability, and describe a situation you faced adversity and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bessemer Trust Company.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, met with a few team members in person and met with the senior management in the department and HR. I was seriously considering the offer given the comp, step up, and smaller team that I would be joining. The team was welcoming and easy to get to know except for the guy in HR who was one of the more inarticulate and condescending people I've met with. Regardless, I would consider joining in the future.

Interview Questions

• Mostly technical questions about what the job would cover   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bessemer Trust Company (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was mostly behavior and not really technical. The interview was interested what I want out of wealth management. I think the role has a long term implication since it is a small firm. Most people who work there in their mid-career. The interview process has multiple rounds with associate and vps.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bessemer Trust Company (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

A recruiting company contacted me about setting up an interview with Bessemer. Had an interview with 2 people followed by another interview with 2 more managers. They asked simple questions, mostly about my resume and fit/behavioral and some about what I knew about the position and company.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bessemer Trust Company (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted through the phone and given the opportunity to have an interview in their LA office. It was very behavioral and I spoke with about 3 members of the client advisory group and spoke with the senior CA.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in private wealth management, as opposed to companies like MS?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bessemer Trust Company (Boston, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

Received a pre-screening in January of 2014. Conversation was via Skype and was about 20-30 minutes long, conducted by an alum of my university. Positive experience overall, and was a very conversational-style interview. I was not invited to return for a full interview. Frustratingly, they simply never communicated that I was no longer being considered, they just fell off the map.