Best Buy Advanced Repair Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.1

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saratoga Springs, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Saratoga Springs, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I came in 10 minutes before my interview and was told to sit and wait by the hiring manager. After over an hour of waiting I've finally been called up for the interview. I was asked mostly customer service questions which were all the basic questions at most jobs that require customer service, I was also asked a couple basic technical questions that almost anybody could answer. The whole interview took around 10 minutes aside from waiting an hour after the manager forgot about the interview. After the whole wait I didn't want the job anymore even if I was offered it.

Interview Questions

• Describe the analogy of a computer to an elderly woman.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Manchester, CT) in January 2016.

Interview

Roughly 3 weeks apply to hire, very standard customer service interview, trivial technical questions included. They will do a background check and drug screen, but only when entering the company for the first time. They will not drug screen you again if applying internally.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle it if you noticed a fellow employee stealing?   1 Answer
    • Describe the troubleshooting process for a computer than doesn't turn on.   1 Answer

Advanced Repair Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Generic scripted questions. Only few relate to actual job at hand especially with more technical positions. Entry level positions can be an easy interview but higher up positions can be very difficult since supervisors/managers have a tendency to ad their own questions when they might not actually help filter for the right candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

We started with a phone interview, prior to being scheduled an interview with the Geek Squad manager. I was pleased with the ease of the process, and we stuck to the meat and potatoes, so to speak. Related exp. and customer service exp.

After these simple questions, the rep I spoke with put me in a time slot for a face to face before hire.

Interview Questions

• Talk about an experience I had with customer service, and how would I handle future encounters.
      Describe your skills related to this position.
      Why do you want this position?   Answer Question

Advanced Repair Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy in July 2015.

Interview

Completed an initial interview with Best Buy sales supervisor and geek squad coordinator. 1 week later interviewed with gm and received job offer about 24 hours after. Very few technical questions, as expected best buy is looking for sales oriented individuals who are professional and courteous in person. They look for smiles and good presentation with a bit of technical experience primarily in hardware upgrades and repairs.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a client that is unhappy with services or their experience?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Spartanburg, SC) in January 2015.

Interview

Asks a lot of situational questions about problem solving and customer service issues. Its some pretty general questions not difficult at all. It just seems they are looking for the most impressive candidate that can handle issues just like a manager should.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have faced a difficult problem and how did you resolve it   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was typical. You will get the same old questions like anywhere else. Why do you want to work here? What can you offer for the company? etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Concord, NH).

Interview

This role is easier to move into from say a Consultation or Operations Agent role allowing you to know the systems involved on top of repair knowledge. If entering from external I would recommend having prior knowledge in repair process both software (viruses) and hardware - A+ cert is listed, but few have it as you would likely be better suited elsewhere with said qualifications

Interview Questions

• Be sure to allow interviewer to finish asking questions as some are 3 parts long and jumping in before they finish might be held against you. "Give an example of how you solved an issue when no one else could"   Answer Question

Advanced Repair Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Process was very easy:
    -Started with a phone interview with the DCI (Geek Squad Manager); questions ranged from interests to availability
    -Was called in for an interview with one of the store managers; questions ranged from interests, length of time you see yourself being with the company, how would you explain RAM to a customer, what was an issue you experienced at a prior job and how did you resolve it
    -Final interview was with the store general manager; questions ranged from ethics issues (if you saw a coworker steal a candy bar, what would you do), to people you look up, experience you have relating to the job, and finally hourly rate for pay
    -Talked with another manager to get logistics on drug test/background test

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions, expect the usual suspects (ethical scenarios, how do you keep current with tech, what are some issues in prior job and how did you resolve them); maybe frame out someways you would describe computer parts/technologies to someone who is not tech literate.   Answer Question

Negotiation

GM will pull out a book with everybody's rates and give you a basline - feel free to say anything you want - they will probably not budge beyond a few cents.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview is like all other Bestbuy Interviews. The manager of the department is your first interview. They have a questionnaire that they ask you and fill out based on your answers. If they like your answers then you move up to an interview with the General manager.

Interview Questions

• Why did I apply for Bestbuy?   1 Answer