Best Buy Asset Protection Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Asset Protection Interview Questions

Interviews at Best Buy

2.2

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (State College, PA) in June 2009.

Interview

Three Step Interview Process:

Initial Phone Screening
Meeting with initial Department Manager
GM Third Interview

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult person or situation and what the resultant outcome was".   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. I was offered an hourly pay rate below what I wanted but the offer was take-or-leave. I was hired under the company minimum pay rate for my position and only adjusted several months later after calling Human Resources.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Asset Protection Interview

Interview

It was a 3 step interview process, phone interview, supervisor and dept manager interview, final GM interview

Asset Protection Interview

Interview

i applied online for this position and was called in for an in person interview. Later, they require another interview with the general manager of the store. It was a fairly simple interview with some behavioral questions. All of the questions were pretty standard

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Chicago, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

You get called in a for a interview, and somethings they ask you a few questions over the phone, and then they schedule an interview with the supervisor. If that goes well, you speak to the assistant manager, and then the store manager. The store manger is the top guy at the store and makes the final decision.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw am employee stealing from the store?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Little Rock, AR) in August 2010.

Interview

I was chearful and eager and it got me the job. There are 3 stages. 1:1 with the lowest guy is easy, then a manager comes in for more queations then a GM comes in and makes the final choice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating.

Asset Protection Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. Almost like any other interview. I had two interviews with two different managers. It did take them a while to get back to me though.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

basic previous experience from former jobs and your opinion on theft internal and external. They tell you how important your jobs is because you have to monitor all suspicious activity in the store.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Asset Protection Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Pretty positive experience, very relaxed and easy going. Nothing really out of the ordinary was asked.
    If you get a call you then interview w/manager; for me, same day, I then had an interview w/ GM.

Asset Protection Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

was called by the stores HR person and asked to come in for an interview, He basically just asked me to tell him more about stuff I had on my Resume, and asked me a few questions about it because it was for a security position he asked me a few questions about employees stealing and stuff and how i would handle said situations

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none, they gave me the dollar amount i asked for online, had i known that i would have done some research on what other people are being payed

Asset Protection Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy in September 2014.

Interview

The initial step once your application is reviewed and accepted is a phone interview, usually consisting of basic questions concerning your motivation for wanting to work at best buy and your level of ambition. The next step is an interview with a supervisor/asst. manager, with several 'test' questions, i.e. "what would you do if you saw a fellow associate using their employee discount for a friend."
    The final step is an interview with the General Manager, which has more in-depth questions about your motivation for seeking employment: "What personal attributes do you have that would contribute to your work as an asset prevention associate?"
    Upon hiring, pay/hours are discussed, followed by drug testing, background checks, and possible credit check.
    Congrats! You're now a Best Buy Asset Prevention Associate.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a fellow associate using their employee discount for a friend?   Answer Question

Hours would not work for me.