Best Buy Asset Protection Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Asset Protection Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in League City, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (League City, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Completed first interview. Manager told me that they needed people and I was a great fit. He set up an interview with GM for interview/hiring. I showed up, 10 minutes before, nicely pressed in proper interview business attire(tie, no suit). GM finally meets me 15 minutes after scheduled interview. Instantly, he showed no interest based upon body language. He was on and off his phone for half the interview. He showed too much interest in why I relocated to area and have yet to find a job. I have the qualifications and background based upon military service. Honestly, it was the most disrespectful interview I have been apart of.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in Midwest City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Midwest City, OK) in May 2016.

Interview

They called me about an hour after I applied and seemed very eager to see me. It wasn't too long of an interview. I got the typical questions and a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for best buy?   1 Answer

Asset Protection Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. Almost like any other interview. I had two interviews with two different managers. It did take them a while to get back to me though.

Asset Protection Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Pretty positive experience, very relaxed and easy going. Nothing really out of the ordinary was asked.
    If you get a call you then interview w/manager; for me, same day, I then had an interview w/ GM.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

basic previous experience from former jobs and your opinion on theft internal and external. They tell you how important your jobs is because you have to monitor all suspicious activity in the store.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Asset Protection Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

was called by the stores HR person and asked to come in for an interview, He basically just asked me to tell him more about stuff I had on my Resume, and asked me a few questions about it because it was for a security position he asked me a few questions about employees stealing and stuff and how i would handle said situations

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none, they gave me the dollar amount i asked for online, had i known that i would have done some research on what other people are being payed

Asset Protection Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy in September 2014.

Interview

The initial step once your application is reviewed and accepted is a phone interview, usually consisting of basic questions concerning your motivation for wanting to work at best buy and your level of ambition. The next step is an interview with a supervisor/asst. manager, with several 'test' questions, i.e. "what would you do if you saw a fellow associate using their employee discount for a friend."
    The final step is an interview with the General Manager, which has more in-depth questions about your motivation for seeking employment: "What personal attributes do you have that would contribute to your work as an asset prevention associate?"
    Upon hiring, pay/hours are discussed, followed by drug testing, background checks, and possible credit check.
    Congrats! You're now a Best Buy Asset Prevention Associate.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a fellow associate using their employee discount for a friend?   Answer Question

Hours would not work for me.

Asset Protection Interview

Interview

It was a 3 step interview process, phone interview, supervisor and dept manager interview, final GM interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Dallas, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

Be yourself, show the ability to be a leader and show your willingness to learn. Stealing is stealing whether it's 1 cent or $100. Awareness of your surroundings is a must. You also have to be great with countless short interactions with customers.

Interview Questions

• If an employee is caught no paying for a pack of gum do you think they should be fired?   1 Answer

Asset Protection Interview

Interview

i applied online for this position and was called in for an in person interview. Later, they require another interview with the general manager of the store. It was a fairly simple interview with some behavioral questions. All of the questions were pretty standard