Best Buy Asset Protection Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Asset Protection Interview Questions

Interviews at Best Buy

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Dallas, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

Be yourself, show the ability to be a leader and show your willingness to learn. Stealing is stealing whether it's 1 cent or $100. Awareness of your surroundings is a must. You also have to be great with countless short interactions with customers.

Interview Questions

• If an employee is caught no paying for a pack of gum do you think they should be fired?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (College Park, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

Simple and basic questions. Had a phone interview and after that met with my who would be supervisor. The usual questions - why should we hire you? Why are you interested in this company?

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Seattle, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process is very straightforward. There will be a greater focus on behavioral questions. For asset protection, the interview is pretty simple. Always pick the answer that leads to deterring or catching the perp.

Interview Questions

• What should be done if an employee that has a good record is caught stealing snacks?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between a manager and a leader?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

2 day, 2 part interview, I was ask a bunch of general questions, I like why best buy, have you ever word in retail before. I was ask to talk about myself, what would i do if A co-worker was stealing and I saw it.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2018.

Interview

Interview process was very simple. Mostly just asking why I would like to work at Best Buy and how do I think they compare to other retail stores. I actually got both my 2nd and 3rd interview in one sitting and was offered employment. As long as you have common sense and can speak in a professional manner, you will have no issues.

Interview Questions

• If a customer or employee is caught stealing, what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in South Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (South Portland, ME) in January 2015.

Interview

Filled out a survey online and application. Got called a few days later for an interview with Ops manager. Then GM interview a week later and drug test with background check. Then schedule New Employee Induction.

Interview Questions

• What would you use as a process to be able to apprehend?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Havelock, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Havelock, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

Many questions,most seem to "put you on the spot",interviewer wrote down and took notes on every answer,gave no clue on how well it went,didn't seem to care about job history or work experience,put me off for several days,got email stating they were going with someone else,tried for a different position,get the impression that my AGE was a Major factor.

Interview Questions

• Do you think stealing something small is the same as stealing something large.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Appleton, WI) in November 2017.

Interview

Lots of delay between 1st and 2nd interview, rescheduled twice. . Interview was easy, basic questions. Waited an hour after showing up on time. Needs better management. Nice people working there of course.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an employee was stealing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Opelika, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Opelika, AL) in August 2016.

Interview

Standard behavioral questions, nothing else.

Being an Asset Protection "specialist" means that you stand at the entrance of the store and say hi to people. They don't expect you to be smart or anything so the interview is very brief. You will probably be hired very quickly because the turnover for the AP spot is very high after people realize how miserable it is to stand for 8 hours in one spot with few breaks.

I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you witnessed someone stealing a piece of candy?   1 Answer

Asset Protection Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

2 interviews, One was with the manager you were going to work under and the other was with the GM. The GM interview was really just a let me get to know you. If you oass the first interview you are basically hired.