Best Buy Asset Protection Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Asset Protection Interview Questions

Interviews at Best Buy

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2018.

Interview

Interview process was very simple. Mostly just asking why I would like to work at Best Buy and how do I think they compare to other retail stores. I actually got both my 2nd and 3rd interview in one sitting and was offered employment. As long as you have common sense and can speak in a professional manner, you will have no issues.

Interview Questions

• If a customer or employee is caught stealing, what would you do?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (College Park, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

Simple and basic questions. Had a phone interview and after that met with my who would be supervisor. The usual questions - why should we hire you? Why are you interested in this company?

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Seattle, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process is very straightforward. There will be a greater focus on behavioral questions. For asset protection, the interview is pretty simple. Always pick the answer that leads to deterring or catching the perp.

Interview Questions

• What should be done if an employee that has a good record is caught stealing snacks?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between a manager and a leader?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

2 day, 2 part interview, I was ask a bunch of general questions, I like why best buy, have you ever word in retail before. I was ask to talk about myself, what would i do if A co-worker was stealing and I saw it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Appleton, WI) in November 2017.

Interview

Lots of delay between 1st and 2nd interview, rescheduled twice. . Interview was easy, basic questions. Waited an hour after showing up on time. Needs better management. Nice people working there of course.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an employee was stealing?   1 Answer

Asset Protection Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Phone interview and second interview. Never got a third one. Took about 2 weeks for them to look at my application, but I think the only reason why they did was because I went in and asking about my application.

Asset Protection Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy in September 2010.

Interview

After applying online, went to the store 2 days later to speak to any manager. Told the assistant manager that I applied online and she basically signed me up for an interview the next day. Had the interview with the manager and he basically asked simple questions. First is Why best buy then some questions that draws on past experience. He said I did very well for my interview and later that day I got another call for another interview for the following week. First interview was on Friday, and I'm having my second interview today.

Asset Protection Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy in November 2011.

Interview

I applied online for a cashiering position on a Thursday night. Friday evening I was contacted by Person #1. I was given a small over the phone interview briefly asking about my background, experience, and offered a different position based upon my previous experience. I was then asked if I could come in for a 1:1 interview with Person #2.

My interview was for the upcoming monday at 4:00pm. I arrived promptly at 3:45pm and was told to stand by geek squad and wait. Apparently my interview was scheduled when Person # 2 was in a store meeting with other managers. I waited until 5:10pm before Person #2 came out and finally interviewed me. He apologized for keeping me so long. During the interview I was asked questions that he seemed to be reading from a script at first, but then he got more casual and asked me questions that seemed to be getting a feel for if I was going to be a good fit for interaction with everyone at the company. I was then told that he would pass me along to the next manager and if I was acceptable to him, he would call me in for an additional interview.

Two days later (Wednesday), Person #1 called me again, and asked me if I could come in for my last interview with Person #3 the next day(Thursday) at 4:00pm again for my final interview. I arrived promptly at 3:45 for my final interview and was again told to wait over by the geek squad area. There was already someone there who had his interview with Person #3 at 3:30pm. At 4:15 a 3rd person arrived for his interview at 4:30pm. All three of us stood there and waited until 6:00pm because there was again...another store manager meeting. Meanwhile, the other employees were very friendly and came up and talked to us, and all of which had informed me that this is a "tactic" Best Buy uses because all of them had to wait for at least an hour before they were interviewed. At 6:30, Person #3 finally came and pulled me into the office. I was asked the same exact questions as what Person #2 had asked me. There was no other questions as Person #2 had gone into before to get a feel for my personality. I was then informed that the job I was offered was being modified. That the store was reformatting their entire structure and wanted to know if it was okay that I do my original job AND two nights a week, stay an additional 3-8 hours to help unload trucks and put away inventory. I said I was fine with this.

Person #3 then handed me a folder with all of my new hire stuff, where to go get my drug test done (DO THIS IMMEDIATELY! DO NOT WAIT!) and an agreement for my pay. ($9.00/hr) I was also JUST THEN informed that this was seasonal and not full time. Full time status would be determined at the end of the holiday season. I was told then that my employment was contingent upon passing my drug test and background check(standard).
    The next Tuesday, I was called by Person #1 again and told my drug test and background check passed and that my orientation would be Saturday morning starting at 7:00am and would end around 2:00pm. (The 7:00am to 10:00am was actually a store meeting to discuss the upcoming holidays).

OH...and just a small note...I have been working there almost 2 months now, and to this day, there has never (at least when Im there) been a manager meeting like the ones that prevented me from getting my interview done. Makes you wonder..?

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time where you went above and beyond for a customer in one of your past jobs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

NO negotiation. You take what they give you for a position like this. Although, initially I was offered $9.00/hr and when I received my first paycheck I actually was making $9.50/hr. Not going to complain...