Best Buy Asset Protection Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Asset Protection Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Best Buy

2.0

Asset Protection Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy in September 2016.

Interview

It was fine. I was at their job fair, so my interview was actually on the spot/ Typically, you interview with the hiring manager first, but in my case I interviewed with both the manager and supervisor of my position. They were casual, laid back, but still professional. It was a quick process, two twenty minute interviews.

Interview Questions

• "What would you do if you caught an employee stealing a ten dollar CD, but they promised never to do it again"?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in Tucker, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Tucker, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a two part interview with the department manager and the general manager of the store. The first interview is with the department manager. The questions are fairly general; gauging your ability to be convincing, offer advice, solve problems, and reach goals.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you had to convince a friend of something and what was it? What was the result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Champaign, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

It is a two part interview process. The first meeting would be with your department manager, the following is with a GM. Basic interview questions however when they initially call you to set up the interview, the ask why you chose Best Buy. They are very quick about getting back to you.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult work experience for you and how you overcame this experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Jackson, MS) in May 2015.

Interview

This position consisted of three interviews. The first interview was a phone interview. It was a pretty easy interview. My next interview was with the assistant manager. He asked me basic interview questions like "tell me about a time when.." After completing my interview with the assistant manager, I was immediately asked to interview with the general manager at a later date. I ended up interviewing with the general manager, and we mainly talked about our personal lives. We had a great time. After the interview with the GM, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your manager.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Iselin, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Iselin, NJ) in January 2014.

Interview

Straight forward i had 2 interviews before i received the job. i just prepared for the interview like any other that i had in the past. your seated in the backroom and you meet with a supervisor of your department and then the last interview is by the GM.

Interview Questions

• How will you benefit this company?
      Do you know what shrinkage is?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was Easy...just asked simple behavorial questions and past customer service scenerios about irate customers.

Ask about experience with working with coworkers and past leadership roles.

Asked if I knew anything about Best Buy.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work as an asset Protection specialist?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Portsmouth, NH).

Interview

I had 2 interviews in this process. One with the Operations Manager (the supervisor for the position) and the second being with the store's General Manager. Both were very friendly and approachable people who led a comfortable interview. They were very transparent about the process, the job and the work environment in general which helped my decision to accept the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you worked with a group to achieve a common goal. What were some obstacles you faced and how did you achieve that goal?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Although I was not offered what I had initially asked for, the General Manager was able to provide a close offer, stating he was offering an amount "as close to the cap [for the position] as possible."

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Pensacola, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

The first interview was with the department head during normal business hours. He described the job process and what was expected and asked about my education and professional experience, and about me as a person (figuring out what kind of personality I had). The second interview was with the store manager before the store opened. He wanted to know more about my background, and what I wanted out of the job. Overall, it was a very relaxed process. Both interviewers were polite and clear with their expectations.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is an appropriate punishment for theft?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Iselin, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Iselin, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was not a long process by many standards, around 45 minutes. They ask very general questions, more to know about one's character than product knowledge. After that, the General Manager will ask more questions and then take you on a small tour, and after that offer the position, a easy interview, as long as you are of great character, it is very easy.

Asset Protection Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online for both asset protection and seasonal worker. The hiring manager called me in for the interview the following day. I interviewed with the manager for the asset protection position and went home. Got a call the next day from the hiring manager basically telling me that I was no longer being considered for the AP spot but for the seasonal position. I declined saying that I wanted to pursue the AP position and was given a thanks, but no thanks. Two days later Best Buy called me and said I had got an interview with the GM for the Asset Protection position. Had a short conversation with him and got hired on the spot. From getting hired to actual start date was about a week and a half.