Best Buy Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2017

3.2

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

It took 3 weeks to get in contact with the recruiter. I was able to use another recruiter that saw my resume from another party of the US to finally make contact.
As a former employee that was excited to return to the company I was very discouraged by the current leadership.
The interview did not offer any opportunity to showcase my ability to execute the job for which I was applying. This was a panel interview with 3 General Managers and an HR Manager. This was a 30 min interview that was highly superficial. The most in depth discussion only occurred after I began asking the questions.
I was very respectful, but I felt like I was the trainer in the room teaching future managers how to interview using the company developed guide.
This single interview has turned me away from the company that once gave me pride. I have removed Best Buy from my resume.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

didn't take long because they already know who they are going to hire. once the interview took place it took forever to get some feedback, on some occasions there were not any feedback. then the feedback they give does not make any sense simply because they are already filling the spot with someone they know or wants prior to you applying.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY).

Interview

Long generic interview questions for a simple job. Company is not very time management with scheduling follow up interviews or revealing decision of employment after interviews are complete. Overall easy questions , but based on how lengthy and unprofessional this company is seeming I will not be accepting any offers.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to introduce change to your employees   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Springfield, VA).

Interview

Contact by Store Manager. Manager was on time, and very happy to see me. The Store Manager asked basic questions before starting the interview. Questions were very easy. Everyone asked 2 questions each (Group of 4)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to go above and beyond to help a customer
      Tell me about a employee you couldn't manage and why   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (New Orleans, LA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very long (multiple days between calls) an very intensive over the phone interviews. I never got a chance to meet anyone in the hiring process face to face. I had to call back on 2 occasions to follow up on my progress even though I was told I was a frontrunner for the position. It almost seemed as if they were stalling or had already picked someone and was just waiting for something to clear through. Seemed very impersonal and I was left with more questions than answers

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a bad review for your direct supervisor?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

phone interview first followed by in store with general manager and district manager. series of scripted questions about technology and situational question to see how you stack up. Nothing difficult to answer really plain and generalized.

Negotiation

no negotiation you are told your salary and that's it

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Went through 4 interviews, 2 panels and DM and HR manager and most questions were off a scripted form. The panel interview was fun and if you know your stuff you should have no problem

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

very basic, the how long is really up to you, professional, feedback could be better with in house applicants you interview in front of two or more gm /district managers they each ask you questions one after each other, there simple questions that require a problem, a what did you do, and what was the result

Negotiation

there isn't much

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Typical questions to determine perssonality and problem solving skills. The environment was laid back and friendly, but not the most professionally setup. A lot of the questions felt repetitive. They want specific details from your own experiences. Take time before your interview to think about specific situations and employees that needed special attention.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are about overcoming problems in specific situations.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Process can take a few weeks from the initial contact to setting up interview. Interview is done with a panel consisting of General Manager, District Manager, Human Resources District Manager and potentially others. Interviews are done at the store or district office and take around an hour to complete. They ask general questions around business acumen and rate on the sheet they utilize. Bring resume and something showing your capabilities as a leader (30-60-90 etc)

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest problem facing the consumer electronics business today?
      Tell me about a time when you failed at a business objective?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.