Best Buy Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online and reviewed the employment status constantly. Received an email approximately nine days later to set a time and number to call. All initial interaction was via email. I did not get to a face to face option.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

It ended up being over the phone. Many times it is understandable that store should have an idea of who would fill particular roles if that person would leave. I knew this was most likely the case and I still applied hoping for the best. It ended up being a quick phone call and seemed disinterested.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you want this role?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted within one week around being able to attend the interview. Interview was with three general managers and one district manager. They sat across the table for a panel interview. Allowed time for me to introduce myself, show my personality, and provide input on "why me" for this position.

Interview Questions

• Questions around performance management, previous experience, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered a competitive salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Boston, MA).

Interview

Don't over talk or over prepare! Managers glaze over after to much info. Just smile and answer to the point. The drug test and online psych test weed out a lot. Just relax.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you let people down. What happened?   1 Answer
    • What is the hardest part of leading a team?   1 Answer
    • What gives you the right to command 4oo employees?   1 Answer
    • What are you not entitled to at work?   1 Answer
    • Yes or No. Do you agree all people lie?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

The interview process was a 2 step process. First was a phone interview with 2 people ask you different scenarios. About a 45 interview then I was invited to a face to face. Interview with the DM, HR, Store Manager and District manager for the area of the store you working. That interview was more like a greet and meet. It seem like they was just feeling me out. The interview was more relax environment.

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Aurora, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

They asked to being in a 30 60 90 plan. Make sure you are aware to answer questions about that because how can you say you are gonna change the environment of a store if you don't know the store yet

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel fit for this position   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Baltimore, MD) in August 2014.

Interview

Well I applied on Monday got a call back the same day from the GM, a very friendly guy and we discussed what I wanted to do with the company. I came in a few days later interviewed with the Dm and Gm and they told me they were interested in hiring me.

Interview Questions

• What history did I have with leading a team and running a store?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

All communications were good. Interview process in the store is a 3 step process. Management level is one with either the GM or DM or both and a panel of other leaders. Expect an hour or so for the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are the risks of hiring you?
      What are your weaknesses?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverdale, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Riverdale, UT) in May 2014.

Interview

Very professional and did not feel too much pressure. I know the manager that I interview with very well but still felt enough pressure to not be lazy in the interview.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Generalized questions, very open ended. Very quick decision timeframe. Interviews may have guests other than current store manager. All communication and hiring process is through the internet website, create a profile and download a resume and use this a a portal to apply for anything open in the company.