Best Buy Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 8, 2017

3.1

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Best Buy (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Took about 2-3 weeks overall. Applied for position online, was initially contacted about 1 week after applying to set up phone interview with recruiter. after phone interview, set up panel interview within 2 days. Decision was made within a day or so after panel interview and unlike most employers, I was contacted to let me know they went with internal candidate.

Phone interview with recruiter was simple. Wanted to know about past experience, why was I looking to leave current company, and a couple of basic situational questions. My app was pass along to general manager who wanted to set up panel interview pretty quick I suppose. I interviewed with recruiter on a Thursday, I was contacted on a Saturday to proceed with store interview for that following Wed.

The panel interview consisted of 4 General Manager from different stores throughout the market/district. I was asked a few questions about my work history and why I was looking to leave current role in which I went into much detail so it gave enough to jump right into the actual interview. All had situational questions they took turns asking. This was a very laid back interview. Considering I have 13 years worth of sales/retail experience and just as much leadership, the questions were simple as they related to my most current role and I enjoy what I do and the results I've had working with different teams in the business. After about 10 questions, I had the floor in which I asked very detailed questions about structure and company direction because of my genuine interest with company. I've followed them the last 12 years I've been in retail.

Overall, it was great. I am normally very energetic and pretty much an open book which is what the role calls for however, as with any other company, they always seek to promote one of their own first. I understand the importance of employee loyalty .I was contacted directly by the GM who informed me that the panel was impressed with my interview and resume and that he would hold on to my resume and contact me with an opening in the market however, they went with an internal who I am sure has been working their butt off to get that position so I could not even be upset. I was more relieved knowing that this team takes care of its associates and made me even more excited about a possible future opportunity. You don't always get this type of courtesy and support from retail employers and its nice to see its still out there.

I was contacted within 2-3 days after interview with decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time questions...
    How would you questions....   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online and reviewed the employment status constantly. Received an email approximately nine days later to set a time and number to call. All initial interaction was via email. I did not get to a face to face option.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

It ended up being over the phone. Many times it is understandable that store should have an idea of who would fill particular roles if that person would leave. I knew this was most likely the case and I still applied hoping for the best. It ended up being a quick phone call and seemed disinterested.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you want this role?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted within one week around being able to attend the interview. Interview was with three general managers and one district manager. They sat across the table for a panel interview. Allowed time for me to introduce myself, show my personality, and provide input on "why me" for this position.

Interview Questions

• Questions around performance management, previous experience, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered a competitive salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Boston, MA).

Interview

Don't over talk or over prepare! Managers glaze over after to much info. Just smile and answer to the point. The drug test and online psych test weed out a lot. Just relax.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you let people down. What happened?   1 Answer
    • What is the hardest part of leading a team?   1 Answer
    • What gives you the right to command 4oo employees?   1 Answer
    • What are you not entitled to at work?   1 Answer
    • Yes or No. Do you agree all people lie?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

The interview process was a 2 step process. First was a phone interview with 2 people ask you different scenarios. About a 45 interview then I was invited to a face to face. Interview with the DM, HR, Store Manager and District manager for the area of the store you working. That interview was more like a greet and meet. It seem like they was just feeling me out. The interview was more relax environment.

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Hanover, MD) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was rather long with multiple panel interviews. Be prepared to answer at least 10 Behavior Based questioned pertaining to the position which you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you put the best interests of others before you own   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Aurora, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

They asked to being in a 30 60 90 plan. Make sure you are aware to answer questions about that because how can you say you are gonna change the environment of a store if you don't know the store yet

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel fit for this position   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Baltimore, MD) in August 2014.

Interview

Well I applied on Monday got a call back the same day from the GM, a very friendly guy and we discussed what I wanted to do with the company. I came in a few days later interviewed with the Dm and Gm and they told me they were interested in hiring me.

Interview Questions

• What history did I have with leading a team and running a store?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

All communications were good. Interview process in the store is a 3 step process. Management level is one with either the GM or DM or both and a panel of other leaders. Expect an hour or so for the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are the risks of hiring you?
      What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question