Best Buy Back Office Lead Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Back Office Lead Interview Questions

Interviews at Best Buy

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

They ask you situational questions as well as professional experience ones. After the questions you get to ask them questions or chat with them. It was painless, quick and very informational.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you went above and beyond and what you did.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in West Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (West Jordan, UT) in June 2012.

Interview

Interview process will typically consist of 3 interviews. The first is a very brief phone interview just verifying info on the application and then you will be asked to meet with an assistant store manager. Once you've impressed him/her, they will pass you on to the General Manager who will discuss in depth what you are interested in doing at Best Buy, your experience and if they like you, your rate of pay.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Cleveland, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

I work for the company. I applied through JOS and scheduled an interview with the management team. My store has gone through a lot of turn-over in the last year so we have a lot of new managers, which isn't a bad thing. I interviewed and they were pretty basic questions. They asked things like how would you motivate team members and other leadership knowledge questions.

Interview Questions

• If you were working with an employee who did not want to do his/her job, how would you motivate them to complete the task?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Rockford, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Worst experience I've ever had. The day after I submitted my application, I received a voicemail requesting that I call the store back; however, the number that was provided was the standard store number - you know, the one you call when your computer/router/overpriced gadget is broken and you need troubleshooting assistance. Therefore, when I tried to return the call, I had to wait on hold in a phone queue for over 30 minutes! I finally just had to give up because I had to leave. I tried calling back again later, and the same thing happened, but this time I just kept pressing "0" repeatedly, and my call was finally put through. After discussing the position briefly, I was asked to come in for an interview the next day. When I asked where I should go or who I should ask for, I was told to just go to the Customer Service counter and tell whomever was on duty that I was there for an interview.

So the following day, I arrived for my interview 5-10 minutes early, and went to the CS counter to find...a long line. So I stood and waited...and waited as the elderly couple ahead of me complained about the computer they had purchased. Finally I was able to speak with the attendant, and was told to sit down and wait. A few minutes later, the floor manager came and took me into a tiny office no bigger than a closet to conduct the interview. The first question: "Are you a big sports fan? Because I need to know that whoever I hire I can talk about sports with them all the time." And with that, I was done. No contest the most unprofessional interview process I have ever experienced.

Interview Questions

• Are you a big sports fan? Because I need to know that whoever I hire I can talk about sports with them all the time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Seattle, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

In depth questions, looking for examples of when candidate had to deal with specific situations. Make sure to dress business casual, and bring in a copy of your resume. Take a second to think about your response before you answer the question.

Back Office Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Interview with supervisor/manager together, second interview with the store GM. Led to drug testing, training.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were faced with a difficult decision to make at work. How did you handle it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not applicable

Back Office Lead Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Two interviews, first one with the Sales Support manager and the second one with the GM. If you are an internal applicant it's pretty straight forward. If you are an external applicant you will need to complete a Background check and a Drug test. The structure of every question ultimately has the same basis: name a situation whwere you had to (blank) or when (blank), How did you address the issue/handle the situation and lastly, what was the result. Make sure that for every question you follow through from beginning to end since consistancy and ability to follow through is a big part of what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you needed to get someone to do something for you that they didn't want to do without any formal authority over that person. what did you do? What was the end result?   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you needed to work within a very rigid environtment. How comfortable were you and what adjustments did you need to make? what was the end result?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked him what the pay range was. He actually din't know because he had just move to the new location. He asked what I wanted to make and I told him a number that ended up being over the Corporate Standard. I told him that I needed to make that amount at a minimum to stay financially afloat and he understood. after about a week he called me back and said that he had to fight with HR over it but matched it to the penny! I should mention that I honestly asked fo no more than what I really needed to cover monthly expenses and put away a small specified amount into savings monthly and came to the interview prepared with a breakdown of why that amount was what I needed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

Too government like. I interviewed for other leadership positions and they all asked the same questions. Depending on the position applying for, depends on the questions asked. The payscale for Best Buy is similar to the GS (government salary) scale. Based on experience and years at the company depends on the pay.

Anonymous Employee in Brockton, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Brockton, MA) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview usually with General Manager or combo of GM and ASM or Front End Supervisor. If you are an internal applicant (already work there) you won't need the drug test or background check but if they open it to external applicants you will need to complete those steps. You are asked a series of questions and have opportunity for your own questions at the end. It's retail but a very important position within the store so you should behave professional and take it seriously.

Interview Questions

• Whyou are you interested in this position.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Attleboro, MA) in December 2012.

Interview

Long, very tedious panel Interview. the questions all seem to re iterate one another. the interview itself takes a very long time and can be intimidating due to the panel