Best Buy Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Best Buy

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Champaign, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

set of 2 interviews. Most of the time the first one is with a department leader then the second one is with the general manager.

Interview Questions

• The difficult questions are about your morals. So make sure you know what you stand for before entering interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation because the entry rate is more than acceptable for an entry position in a large corporation.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I got a call back a few days after the application was submitted. You do a brief phone interview, and then get an invitation to an in-person interview.

The interview process is pretty casual. You sit down at a table with the store manager and all the assistant managers. They take turns asking questions, starting with the icebreaker question and then moving on to the interview-type questions. I would dress in semi-formal attire at least: button down tucked-in shirt and nice ironed pants. I wore a tie as well, but I don't think that was necessary.

The interview consists of many standard questions: explain a time in your previous job that you did ______. Just be sure that you have many experiences ready to share, and go through the process with them.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. Just be prepared for the standard, situation/context type questions where you have experiences to back up their reasoning for hiring you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. The offer letter was drafted up and ready to go.

Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Applied Sunday night, received call Monday morning to go in for interview next day.
    First interview was with department supervisor, general questions "tell me a time when" "what if you saw this" WWYD" things of that nature. After that a week went by.
    Second interview with GM , Job offered after that drug and background testing took about 5 days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for way less and they gave me more. No negotiation.

Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy in August 2012.

Interview

I applied online - got called back about a week later to do a quick phone interview. Basically all they ask you is what departments are you willing to work in then they set up an one-on-one interview with a manager or supervisor. The one-on-one interview with the manager was okay they just read different scenarios off of a packet so you have to think really quick on your feet. After that interview they set up another interview with the GM. That interview is basically the same just with different questions. Then they offered me a hourly rate which I accepted and told me that I needed to complete a drug test within 72 hours. And I started working within 2 weeks after all of that information was completed.

Interview Questions

• If you were the GM of the store and you knew one of the employees were stealing what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation

Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy in September 2014.

Interview

Applied on-line on a Thursday night and got a call back Saturday afternoon for a brief phone interview that just asked about my availability and what I think should happen to an employee who I caught stealing. She then told me to come in the very next day first thing in the morning for an interview with the one of the managers (note: this interview was to take place on a Sunday, weird but okay). Interview with the manager took about an hour or so (we kind of drifted off topic for a bit here and there), focused heavily on previous experience. They like customer service experience a lot, so be sure to talk about that. I do have minimal sales experience, but I feel that he was aiming more towards customer service skills. I felt confident and sure enough, at the end of the interview, I was scheduled for a third interview with the GM for the following week. GM interview only took 15 minutes (he already seemed like he had made his decision when I came in) asked basic questions like why do you want to work here, availability, opinion about employees stealing. He then talked about the position, and I was hired and offered the job on the spot. I completed my background check and drug test and I am scheduled to come in the following week for training. The process overall for me took about a week.

Interview Questions

• What do you think should happen to an employee who was caught stealing? (They asked this question in all of my interviews)   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you went over and beyond for a customer   1 Answer
    • How do feel about working as a team?   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you had to deal with a co-worker you did not get along with. (This was a hard question for me)   1 Answer
    • What is your ideal manager   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation. I accepted it especially considering that it was higher than my regular pay.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Houston, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

Very simple, called a week after I applied and set up interview, first met with store assistant manager, then was called back a couple days later to meet with GM(store manager). If you get to the second interview you are pretty much hired just dont blow it

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very simple, 2 interviews and got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2013.

Interview

I had 2 interviews the first being with the CBG manager for BBY Mobile and Computing and Tablets. The second being with the Store General Manager.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to rise above all odds to go above and beyond for a customer. What was the the outcome and what was the customer's reaction after assisting them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I applied for a part time mobile associate position at the time of the job offer I accepted a seasonal position due to all part time positions had been filled. The hiring manager stated to me that if I could provide world class service to the customers and come to work and put my best foot forward that I should be consider for regular employment with the company. As a result of the efforts I was promoted after the holiday season as a Geek Squad Technology Education Agent.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prattville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Prattville, AL) in April 2014.

Interview

They were extremely quick about calling me for an interview. I applied, they called the same day, and set the interview for the following day. They were extremely pleasant and seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say.

Interview Questions

• What was one instance when you didn't give satisfactory customer service and what was done to fix the problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Schaumburg, IL) in September 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was very simple and straight forward. It went very smooth and quick. I was hired within 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain to a caveman what a cell phone is a can do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Miami, FL) in August 2010.

Interview

Basically look over Best Buy Mobile's 5 promises to customers and reflect those in your interview and you should do well.

Interview Questions

• How you overcame a rejection in a previous sales transaction?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations