Best Buy Best Buy Mobile Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Best Buy Mobile Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Athens, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

1st Interview: the sales manger called me to ask me about my personal information and talk about my availability.

2nd Interview: I interviewed the sales manager and he asked me to reconfirm my information and availability. Then he interviewed me based on the position, informed me about the training, and how you can move up the company.

Interview Questions

• Inform me about a time that you had to reach certain goals that you failed to meet, and how did you handle the issue?   Answer Question
  • How did you handle an angry customer?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time that you went beyond and above for your customer?   Answer Question
  • Have you ever worked in sales?   Answer Question
  • Besides the position that you are applying, what other role would you feel comfortable taking here at Best Buy?   Answer Question

Negotiation

General manager will make the final decision and you can negotiate with him.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Best Buy Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy in March 2016.

Interview

I applied on the Best Buy website and received an email with my interview date a few days later. I arrived at my interview about 15 minutes early and the sales manager know exactly who I was and greeted me immediately. After waiting a few minutes I was taking into a back room with the sales manager and the mobile department manager. The sales manager filled out an interview packet and then they asked me to pick go and pick out 3 accessories I would try and sell with a Galaxy S6. I picked the Galaxy Gear S2, a Mophie Juice pack case and a pair of LG Tone 760 headphones. They asked me a lot of questions about my tech knowledge and my sales experience. They seemed impressed with my answers and told me to stay put while they found the store manager so I could interview with him also. The store manager showed up after a few minutes and asked me to tell him about myself. After doing that, I immediately went to asking him questions so I could find out more about the company/position. My last question to the store manager was about the interview process and his response was "I'm going to make you an offer!" He told me to check my email for further instructions.

Interview Questions

• Which do you like better iPhone or Android?   1 Answer
    • What was your favorite job?   1 Answer
    • What's your favorite app?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because the offer was made via email and I was pleased with the offer that was made.

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Birmingham, AL) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple.
    I applied early one morning (3:30AM) and received a call later that same day to set up an interview for Friday. I interviewed with the Hiring Manager who then told me I should receive a call early the following week for my interview with the assistant manager. During my interview with the assistant manager the recently hired Mobile sales manager sat in on the interview as well to get a feel for me to see if I would be a good fit. An hour after that interview I received a call to set-up my next interview with the General Manager for the following Wednesday. This is my last interview so things should go well. Overall though the interviews are simple and straightforward. They ask you general team based and customer service based questions just to make sure your a team player.

Interview Questions

• When dealing with a irate guest how do you handle those situations?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Amarillo, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process is pretty straight forward. They ask questions like why would you like to work there, how you handle certain situations, they ask about your value system, and how you stay up to date with current technology.

Interview Questions

• With this job being so technologically diverse, how do you plan to keep up with all of the new devices coming out?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Manhattan, KS) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied on Oct. 1 and got a call back on Oct. 6 to interview on Oct. 8. There was a brief phone "interview", basically going over availability and my interest in the position. I was to interview with the sales manager of the mobile dept. Once I got there, I only had to wait a few minutes (I was about 5 mins early) before she came and got me to interview. Being that it is the pre-holiday season for the store, there were other interviews being conducted in the main office so we interviewed in the back where there were training computers (no biggie). The interview was very straightforward, no surprise questions, everything read from a script basically. It lasted for about 15-20 mins and was told that they would make their decision soon because they are trying to get prepared for the holidays. To be honest, it was a little rushed but I understood because of the time frame they are hiring and the beginning on holiday shopping being right around the corner. Today, Oct. 9 I got a call back saying that I have a 2nd interview tomorrow w/ the general manager. My advice is to just be yourself and answer truthfully and you will do fine. Currently waiting on the outcome of tomorrow's interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to complete a task w/ little to no formal instruction?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Geneva, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Geneva, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

After submitting the application, there are 3 stages - first is the phone interview, where the back office lead asks about your availability and (sometimes) prior experience. They usually schedule an interview with the assistant manager after speaking with you. If you pass that interview, you get set up with an interview with the general manager. I'm sure it depends on the store, but my GM hired me directly after my interview with them. Biggest thing to stress is growing with the company if you plan on being there for a while.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered a wage right away based on the type of employment and experience level (at least I think they did), and asked "how does that sound?" Which clearly left room for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Vestal, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Vestal, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by an employee in charge of hiring. She did a basic phone screen and set up an interview for me. I interviewed with the Sales Manager and the department manager (supervisor). The interview consisted of several questions, but didn't take more than half an hour as the interview was rather structured and not conversational.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with someone difficult.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for someone.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Mostly questions about sales experience. A few product related questions if the interview is going well. If they just circle questions and ask you questions exactly from the packet it's because they already have a top pick for the position and you are receiving an interview for nothing. Make sure that if they ask you at the end of the interview if you have any questions about the position or the interview to always have something to add at the end. Bring in your resume, even though they already have it. Point out your main reasons for employment and give an example of how you can better the team. Always ask what they are looking for in an ideal employee for that position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an upset customer. What did you do and how was it effective?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you worked with a difficult employee. What did they offer the team and what did you do in the situation.   1 Answer
    • Why do you deserve this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Flint, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Flint, MI) in August 2014.

Interview

*Did the online app

*Gotta call exactly a week later for the phone interview

*Went in for the 2nd interview, went great, said I would get a call in 3-5 days for the 3rd and final interview, when reality the called me, not even an hour after the second interview, for the last one

*Met the GM, he was funny and I got hired on the spot.

*All in all great people, awesome experience and I'm really looking forward to working with them!!

Interview Questions

• Pretty easy interview. nothing out of the ordinary!! :)   Answer Question

Best Buy Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy in May 2014.

Interview

It was a quick interview with the Manager and General Manager. Normally it is 2 different interviews but they need some on asap. Standard questions why do you want to work there and what experience do you have in mobile sales.

Interview Questions

• What was the best and worst experience working on a team?   Answer Question