Best Buy Best Buy Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.3

110 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Not difficult, the personality test before the actual interview is a big factor. A lot of people don't get a call because of failing the personality test.

You'll have a one on one with the GM and you should more than likely get the job as long as you're outgoing and are passionate.

Interview Questions

• What's your definition of customer service?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in Springdale, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Springdale, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online on Saturday and got called back the same day a few hours later. Passed my phone screen and got an interview on Sunday. Fairly easy interview, got a call back for a GM interview.

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Came in to the store and waited a while until they actually saw me. Sales manager was interviewer. Talked mostly about availability, but didn't really go into the depth of the position. Then he called the general manager over for a final interview, and they came after another half hour. She asked me the real questions, and I gave decent enough answers, and she sent me the offer in the email before I got home.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most difficult thing for our employees to deal with?   Answer Question
    • What do customers look for when they come to Best Buy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Got a phone interview after waiting a week or so. One phone interview, interview with an assistant manager. Requires drug test and background check. Process can be a little tedious and drawn out. A lot more questions then other companies.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Have you worked with a team?
      How have you handled difficult coworkers?
      Would you report someone if they were stealing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Auburn Hills, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

1. Received call next day and was asked a few questions, such as: why best buy?, availability
    2. Interviewed with assistant manager in a very laid back setting. Similar questions regarding customer service popped up, like: benefits of working in a team?, describe when you've gone above and beyond to meet a customer's needs., describe how you solved a customer's problem, tell me about yourself, and why you'd like to work in the position you want in addition to what qualified me for it. I immediately scheduled a final interview following this one.
    3.interviewed with general manager. Was asked about availability, why i want to leave my current job, and, again, for some insight into my life
    4.Offered job!

Anonymous Employee in Southhaven, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Southhaven, MS) in June 2016.

Interview

The Interview process was great! I applied three weeks ago ad got a call last week for a interview with the GM and Sup. Went to my interview last week and got hired on the spot. Interview was fun. It's definitely up to the interviewee to make his or her interview fun. My GM and Sup were funny and real. Can't wait to actually start on the floor.

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

They brought me into a room and asked me basic interview questions. The questions were not hard, but some did catch me by surprise. Some of the questions are aimed towards people who have past work history. This was hard for me because I did not have an extensive work history.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Woodland, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a call two days later. Since I lived a walk away from the Best Buy, I was able to interview rather quickly. The interview was with the manager of the store. They asked basic questions and also some behavioral questions. Make sure to dress professionally and to think about potential customer service questions (what do you do when a customer is angry) before you go into the interview. Overall it was a pleasant experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Riverside, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was managed by email communication and we set an appointment to come for the personal interview to check my IT background and my sales skills and experience in this field in order to the take the decision of hiring me or not by informing me by email later on .

every candidate was having a time slot and around 10-15 min interview with the HR .

Process was really easy and hassle free .

Interview Questions

• How to make the customer agree to pay bestbuy prices even if got cheaper online prices from other retailers ?!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Bronx, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

A decent interview, asked important questions. Wanted to know previous work history and skills in detail. However they seem a bit strict and intimidating. None the less I recommend anyone to apply, but don't get your hopes too high though. Thy seem quite picky to hire anyone with lack of experience, or anyone who lacks the personality who fits their image.