Best Buy Canada Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Canada Cashier Interview Questions

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada in September 2013.

Interview

All applications should be done online through Best Buy's website, regardless of whether you have someone to refer you or not. Once they've looked at your resumé and see that you are qualified, they will call you and give you an on-the-spot phone interview. They'll ask you simple questions about yourself and how you perceive customer service. Depending on their judgement, they'll say right away that they can schedule you for an interview with their Assistant Manager in store. You get a 1 on 1 interview with the Assistant Manager, and then once you passed that, you will be phone called again to set up an interview time and date with the General Manager. Once again, you come in the store for the final interview (with the General Manager) and that will determine if you get in or not. Depending on the season, how quickly they need more employees or the status of the company, they sometimes you only get 2 interviews instead of the regular process of having 3.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you handle situations when you are under-pressure   Answer Question
  • Give me a situation where you experienced conflict and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ask for the hourly rate / bonus that you'll be getting before you accept the offer

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy Canada

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Woodbridge, ON (Canada)) in October 2009.

Interview

I applied online and got called in about two or three weeks after. There were two interviews, the first with the supervisor and the second with the GM. The interview with the supervisor was the longest, they asked me questions from a book which were mostly situational questions and then told me to expect a call. The interview with the GM was a bit of a joke, he just asked what I would do if I noticed a fellow employee stealing and then offered me a seasonal position.

Interview Questions

• If a customer was trying to buy a playstation, how would you get them interested in purchasing other accompanying products.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in October 2008.

Interview

You first have to apply online through their website. You have to answer a series of multiple choice questions about whether you strongly agree or strongly disagree about such and such a statement. If you don't pick the right ones, you don't get called for a phone interview. You can reapply 1 month later. During phone interview, they ask you why you want to apply here and some other personal questions. At the end they will set a date for an interview with the supervisor of the department your applying for. During that interview, they give you a scene and you state what you would do. Its either a hit or miss for this. At the end of this session, they will either turn you down or schedule a final interview with the general manager. During interview with the general manager, he or she will ask a basic series of questions regarding your loyalty. Will you call this person out if they stole something as in expensive as a chocolate bar and such and such. Answer yes and shake hands. Your hired. They ask you whether XX dollars per hour is fair to you. At this point you can negotiate for higher if your older job pays more or your over qualified and etc. Next you do legal paper work and thats it.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to apply to Best Buy?   1 Answer