Best Buy Canada Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Canada Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Oct 21, 2016

2.5

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (London, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Fairly standard, typical questions, easy - first interview was on the phone, then had 1:1 with operations supervisor, and then another interview with the GM. Our GM was extremely laid back and fun.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy Canada

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Applied online, called for an interview 3 days later. Went to the store 30 minutes early for an interview they started the interview 15 minutes late. While waiting for the interview the interviewer asked me twice if she could "help me" thinking I was a customer. 2 on 1 interview one writes your answers the other asks questions. They didn't even call references. Really unprofessional company.

Interview Questions

• Would you quit your other two jobs for a postion with us ?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

phone screen then went in for an interview the next day
    very simple questions you can find the most answers online if you have any issues.
    it was a one on one interview
    iwas offered a position but declined because i found another job paying better
    overall a very good experience and had I not found something else i would have accepted the position.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Kingston, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

After I applied online, I received a phone call interview within the first week. Best Buy does a lot of hiring in October for the Holiday season and the entire process was very smooth.
    Upon completion of the phone call, I was scheduled an in-person interview for the following week.
    After success with the first interview, I received another interview with another manager.

All three interviewers were extremely helpful, kind and I connected well with them.
    Within a week of the final interview, I was offered the job with my requested hourly wage.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Best Buy?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if your saw a co-worker stealing who put it back when you confronted them?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

took 1 week to get the phone interview. asked why work at best buy, define good CS. then scheduled an office interview. the whole process was not difficult, normal questions. dress properly. no suits recommended.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Burlington, ON (Canada)).

Interview

There was one phone interview that happened 7 days after I submitted my resume. It was very standard questions around availability and past jobs. Then there was a face to face interview with the store manager

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you gave great customer service, what was the outcome   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate a wage

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guelph, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Guelph, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was mostly based on behaviours over knowledge. Basically it seemed like they were trying to see if I was personable and easy to talk to. At the time of my hire the store was just opening so the interview process was very rushed. I have heard now it is more inclusive on knowledge of the products in the store.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online, had a "phone interview" the next day which was pretty much like "Why do you want to work for Best Buy?" and gave my answer, then got asked to come in the next day for an interview.
    The interview was super relaxed, and was pretty much just a conversation about my experience, and again I got asked why I wanted to work for Best Buy. I got called in for a final interview with the Assistant Manager the next day, and again it was super relaxed and easy, and I got hired that same day. Everybody was very nice, and made me feel relaxed.

Interview Questions

• "What qualities do you think you have that make you an ideal Best Buy employee?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

The manager asked me what I wanted for my wage. I originally said I was fine with minimum wage, but he was very nice and said that based on my experience, I could get an extra dollar per hour.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online about 3 days ago and got a call this morning. Did a telephone interview, and got scheduled for a in store interview. Went in a spoke to the hiring manager and the GM the same day.

They ask you ethical questions such as you see your manager stealing, what would you do? Answer tell upper management no matter what!

Just be yourself, and answer the questions truthfully.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a customer who is upset at the service he has received in the past?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Interview

I was hired during their seasonal time, which is a good time to look to apply. Near Oct-Nov. I applied online, completed a online loyalty questionnaire (Either you get a chance to fill this questionnaire in or you have to go through a phone interview...think its one or the other). After completing either a phone interview or that questionnaire, you will get called in for a person interview which is usually with the supervisor of the department you want to be hired for (cellphones, computers, operations, gaming, etc)..this is a long 20-30-40min interview, they run through typical and easy questions (a lot of questions but easy). After this interview, you will be asked to do another interview with the general store manager, which for me was very relaxed, asks you 2-3 questions, wants to make sure, they get a positive vibe of you. Your achievements/accomplishments? Asked me to sell a pen to him...want to know the technique I use for selling (ASK LIFESTYLE QUESTIONS) and discusses salary expectations with you and gives you the final hired or not answer. Then the usual, welcome orientation/intro to company/paperwork. and on the job training.

Interview Questions

• Difficult customer/situation you had and how you solved it?
      What's a good customer service experience you had?
      Do you purchase stuff from bestbuy? (ALWAYS YES!) know the things they sell
      How would you sell an ipod?
      Why you want to work at bestbuy? What you like about it?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Asked for a bit higher pay then offered and was approved.