Best Buy Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Canada Interview Questions

Updated Dec 1, 2017

2.4

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call a week later. Short phone interview...availabilities, what is your job right now, and then she asked me to come to the store for an interview with the GM. Headed down there the next day (came 15mins before the interview).

Interview Questions

• 10mins interview with more than 5 questions, which was great cuz the previous guy did not last longer than 5 mins.
      Why best buy?
      What do you do if you see your co worker stealing?
      Can you remember of a time you had trouble with a colleague?
      What are some of your skills that you have?
      What is your goal?
      What are your availability?
      Can you think of a bad quality that you have? (transforming your bad quality to a good one is a must)   Answer Question

Negotiation

He did not mentioned anything about the wage but when I arrived there, they gave me some papers to fill out and I mentioned I wanted something between 12-13$/h since I had some exp

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Wichita, KS) in January 2010.

Interview

Got a call back and going in tomorrow for the interview.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Kingston, ON (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and recieved an automatic email telling me that if I received an email in the next week or so that I could come in for an interview. Instead they called me after a week and said to come in two days later. Went in, filled a form for references, time availability and such. That interview was today, they said if they call me in the next few days I will be coming in for a third interview but this fine with the assistant managers.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thunder Bay, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Thunder Bay, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

A personal and comfortable interview experience which was 1 on 1 in the manager's office. The questions were not too challenging which was good because when challenging questions are asked the interview gets awkward.

Interview Questions

• What was an example of customer experience that you have experienced and was considered amazing?   Answer Question

Telephone Technician - Geek Squad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied on Tuesday evening, and got a call yesterday from someone in BC who left a voicemail asking me to call back or text when a good time to contact me again would be. I texted back that 11 AM would be good. I am in Atlantic Canada.

11 AM came and went, so I texted and said that perhaps they were mistaken about time, and they responded that they were indeed. They then texted and said they would have another agent contact me in 15 minutes.

An hour went by and I hadn't heard anything, so I texted that they may as well contact me at the original 11 AM (3 PM here). By 3:20 PM, I'd heard nothing, and decided to let it go to voicemail.

The team lead and referral person I mentioned in the application agreed that, while they are busy, this is unacceptable.

Interview Questions

• When I would be available for a phone screen.   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ajax, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Ajax, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

Few more candidates were there for the interview. I was asked to fill out the same application form you fill out online. Interview was about 20 mins long. He introduced himself as GM.

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Victoria, BC (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

Apply online. Receive call next day and ask if i can go for an interview. The interview is relax, even though I am still little nervous at the beginning. Receive offer in coming next day.

Interview Questions

• When the store is busy and your co-worker is taking break. He goes to the counter and grab a chocolate bar and tell you he is going to pay later. What will you do?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call within 2 weeks. During that phone call, I had an interview with them. They asked me for a second interview but this time in person. The interview was horrible, the manager was 15 minutes late (they were renovating) then when we were about to start, she had something to do and came back to me 20 minutes later... We had a quick interview, but I was already pissed off so.🤷🏾‍♀️😂

QC Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Interview

Phone Call from HR asking a few general questions then followed up with one in person interview with the Supervisor and job offer right there if successful. From my understanding a few individuals were given verbal confirmation and HR followed it up with an email confirming the offer.

Pricing Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Interview

Phone interview was standard fare, same with in-person interview. Typical questions asked. The problem lied within the interviewer. E-mails are not returned, interviews start late, and the manager herself seemed too pre-occupied with her departments problems to really fully engage in the interview. Left with a feeling that the pricing department is far from the most professional one.