Best Buy Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Canada Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.4

Computer Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call a week later. Short phone interview...availabilities, what is your job right now, and then she asked me to come to the store for an interview with the GM. Headed down there the next day (came 15mins before the interview).

Interview Questions

• 10mins interview with more than 5 questions, which was great cuz the previous guy did not last longer than 5 mins.
      Why best buy?
      What do you do if you see your co worker stealing?
      Can you remember of a time you had trouble with a colleague?
      What are some of your skills that you have?
      What is your goal?
      What are your availability?
      Can you think of a bad quality that you have? (transforming your bad quality to a good one is a must)
      Answer Question

Negotiation

He did not mentioned anything about the wage but when I arrived there, they gave me some papers to fill out and I mentioned I wanted something between 12-13$/h since I had some exp

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Wichita, KS) in January 2010.

Interview

Got a call back and going in tomorrow for the interview.

In-House Video Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Took about 45 mins. Did back to back interviews. First with two people that work in that department. Followed up by a similar interview with the hiring manager. Typical interview questions. Nothing out of the norm.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you faced conflict and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Lead Digital Design Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was quickly contacted by a technical recruiter within 3 business days. He scheduled a 30 minute phone interview and following that, asked for my upcoming availability and said that he would get back to me with a time to come for a 2 hour, in-person interview at the CHQ office in Burnaby. The in-person interview was comprised of 2 panels, each 1 hour long. The first panel assessed technical ability and industry experience, and was a mixture of both senior leaders and discipline specialists. I was asked to conduct a presentation to the group prior to them asking me specific questions. The second panel assessed cultural fit, as this is a very important value in the company. The second panel was much more casual and also a way to ask questions specific about the company, the working environment, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in joining Best Buy?   Answer Question
    • What's one thing you would immediately recommend improving on the Best Buy website?   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Watch out! These guys are gathering "design exercises" or "test tasks" - basically make you work for free. I spent a few days redesigning one of their pages and then half a day to present it to a group of 10 employees. I didn't get any follow up. However after about 2 months all my ideas went live on Best Buy website.

Director of Applications Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. Nothing standing out. I have been asked about my past experience from my resume and about experience about items from the position description that were not in my resume. Interviewer was very enthusiastic about my qualifications and said that he would definitely follow up within two to three weeks. Two to three months I am still waiting for his call. Very unprofessional! No wonder that whenever I visit their stores there are so few other clients.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your responsibilities in your current position   1 Answer

Corporate - ECommerce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

The HR coordinator that chose the phone interviews (and subsequently in-person interviews) was very responsive and helpful.

Phone interview (30 minutes). Then in-person interview with 3 managers, 1 director (direct report). 2 hours in-person interview.

Relaxing first half interview. Gradually gets specific (specific questions about the specific position). It's a large company, so they were looking for a specific skillset rounded off by other secondary skills. I believe that I didn't get the job due to the fact that I was missing key components (technical ones).

In any case, the managers and the director were courteous and asked relevant questions. There were more than 150 applicants total, and 10 to 15 got in-person interviews, so it's a +/- 0.7% chance of getting the job.

Interview Questions

• If you had a dream job, what would it be?   1 Answer
    • What was the most important financial decision you made?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Interview

I was called ahead of time with a few brief points to prepare myself for the interview. The actual interview was very brief and easygoing. The interviewer really probed into how I had interacted with people in the past. I think the kicker was when I mentioned I was a hugger and he burst out laughing. I got an offer on the spot.

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, no referral. Next week I got a small phone interview, then I was asked to come in person the same day for another interview. I got interviewed by the supervisor then the sales manager. Overall, the questions were pretty easy relating to the position but the supervisor (who turned out to be the biggest jerk ever) asked really strange Apple like questions that caught me off guard by a lot. I was hired after the interview and started 2 weeks in.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted directly by the hiring manager the whole process and there was no involvement from HR.

I applied online and immediately got a response from the hiring manager a few hours later asking for an interview a few days later. The first interview was a total of 3 hours and included a presentation/case study and 3 different individual 1:1s (the hiring manager, another colleague manager and a director).
    The manager informed me that I would hear back shortly and less than a week later, I heard back about a second round of interviews. That interview was an hour long.
    I was told that I would hear back after they interviewed one more candidate in 2 weeks. I got nervous because that probably meant that they were waiting to see other people and I wasn't their first pick... but exactly 2 weeks later, I heard back from the hiring director.
    The whole process took a month from application to offer letter - which is very fast considering the complaints on Glassdoor. I was very pleased by how prompt they were on communication and how fast the process went.